Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Everyone seems to pick up on the dexter soundtrack, but it's the Ocean's Trilogy stuff that pops out for me. Only so many times you can hear Gritty Shaker and not kinda wince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

How would you go about casting an American version? Assuming you kept it as a one day a week commitment, $10k per garnet, you could get a lot of people who wouldn't normally do that. People you wouldn't ordinarily think of as smart, clever folks.

Xavier Woods, for example, is a professional wrestler who you wouldn't expect to be clever, but he's actually a PhD candidate.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I could see it as something Nerdist or geek and sundry could put together. It's one set, cheap props, short film times, and the most expensive single thing would be the prize money probably.

Man, I hope this happens. Anybody got Hardwick's number?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Aaaaargh. Part two won't play! It keeps saying that the file is corrupted or doesn't work or something.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Fooma posted:

With the weekly reveal of the Idol of Immortality clues, don't the episodes air over there on a regular basis while the season is still ongoing? Why couldn't winners of future episodes rely on the revealed clues from earlier on. Seeing the location of the safe is a huge advantage to future winners when the next set of clues must relate to the combination.

I think they might have pretaped this season in full. Probably because it's less expensive to do that than do one episode every week, and because they have the immortality thing this time around.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Anything The Mole-ish is amazing.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Okay, I'm fully on board with this now. If the second case is a bit more polished, then the first episode of it might not be as much of a drag.

If you watched the first episode and were ambivalent about continuing, give this one a try-- it's much more interesting.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Episode 3 is subbed and up on the tumblr.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'd love to see this get picked up for an American version-- low budget, about this level of campy, two hours with ads. I could see a cable channel picking this up to fill some time.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The UK might make it work, too. It's got to be celebrity/actors who can sell their roles and also sell being the criminal.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Never the less and in spite of the evidence there is about to be a Genius in France, Genius in France, Genius in Fraaaance.

I know the odds are long, but I hope someone translates these. Gotta get my fix.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh man, you aren't kidding. I played the previews of that idiotape album and it's basically like Genius: The Soundtrack.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm just gonna listen to the idiotape album in preparation. :dance:

Seriously, it's kinda amazing how that fits the atmosphere so well-- I was legitimately surprised that the music was a preexisting album and not composed for the show.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MTV is apparently casting for a show called "Outsmart," which sounds like it'll be based around bending the rules, Genius-style, to win games.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They've really got the format down now. It seems a lot smoother and a lot more organized than the first series.

I can't help but imagine how a U.S. network would adapt this. It needs the 2 hour runtime, so cable would probably be a better fit.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So that would be a thing that a Korean viewer would be more familiar with due to history, like how Americans would be more familiar with... interrupting plays? I dunno.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Every time they have a Payday 2 track in the background I feel bad for Simon Viklund. Dude just wants his royalties.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

What's the deal with fighting, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The next episode is up now~~