Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Wow. I completely lost it at the double tie. It's sad to see a favorite go, but I find it to be a good way for him to go down. I wouldn't want to see him get taken out because of alliances, betrayals, or favoritism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Most of the season 2 cast aren't as memorable as the season 1 cast as well. I can easily recall Sunggyu, Poong, Kyungran, Jungmoon, Changyeop, Kim Gura, and simple (only name I can't remember).

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I really love how everyone is comfortable and immersed in their role. :allears:

Other than the obvious evidence pointing at Jinho, I am starting to believe that his attempts to persuade the others will continue to backfire in future episodes.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Nam Hweejong is coming back for S3. I wonder if he'll be more humble this season or take the lion's approach again :allears:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Oh this is old but I am going to reply to it anyway. As much I loved seeing this guy fall, I really would like to see him be more humble like he acted during his outro interview and kick some rear end, I am sucker for "redemption" arcs like that.

Also you two are crazy, Sangmin makes "slimy bastard" an art form. I love the guy, he is hilarious.

He's pretty much my first interest going into the third season and I'm a sucker for the story he'll make in this season whether or not he can redeem himself.

Speaking of the third season, Bumdidlyump's twitter just listed the participants of the third season. The airing date is also the first of October

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/507730163678056448

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I just missed the subbed teaser videos by Bumdidlyumptious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnIwHLshaGM

The producers really know how to make a teaser video because I really can't wait and I'm excited just by watching this one clip. Watching Hweejong dial-up his survival instincts up to eleven makes me smile :allears:

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 18, 2014

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I might be too quick to judge, but as much as I like Jang Dongmin in Abnormal Summit, it feels like he has some potential to form alliances and/or cause disruptions. That aside, I think it's better to remain neutral and open to all the new faces and find a favorite through each episode. I do wonder if one of the ladies will be a fearsome noona like Kyungran in S1.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Usually the episodes are uploaded within 2 to 3 days unless the subber is busy

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure if it's intended by the translation or if it's close to the meaning of what he's saying, but Kim Junghoon seems really arrogant about S3's cast. Compared to S1, any subsequent participants of The Genius will definitely have knowledge from prior seasons. S3's cast may be smarter, but they're not going in blind. S1 will always be the best season, in my opinion, because of how they had to develop socially, intellectually as well as having the cunning, wisdom, and/or game sense to get through each challenge. If his arrogance keeps shining through, then I might have found the guy I want to see eliminated, unless he can actually be impressive enough to back up that arrogance.

vv That might be the case. I might reading into it too much. I'll be taking another look at the video because it's been a while since I've last seen it.

edit again: Actually you're right, he was humble during the player introductions. I'm a retard

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 1, 2014

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The cast is definitely better this season. Besides Hweejong, I'm excited about the lawyer. He didn't stand out in Crime Scene, but I like how he appeared in this episode of The Genius. What I liked was how he agreed to the other alliance's proposition. He was able to grasp their situation and their offer, knew what result it would have for him, and then took it for goodwill and for a better reputation. Instead of going for the other offer, he chose to help three people that were in danger instead of helping one person making deals everywhere. It's great to see someone be able to make a sound decision without having second thoughts or looking like a buffoon.

I can't wait to see how well he does in the next game because he looked excited in the preview.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It might be the way the first episode was edited, but Hyunmin rubbed me the wrong way as well. It's likely because it looked like he is putting his hands into every jar available that may be advantageous to him. A couple more episodes might reveal his personality, but as it is now he's just Poong without the personality.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Oh man, the opposing leader hosed up big time by making a sudden decision to meet up after the vote instead of making an observation. Why do the editors have to make it sad every time someone gets eliminated :smith:

I was concerned about Dongmin at first when he was announced for Season 3, but he has grown onto me because of his active participation in the games and not being a huge goofball. I really want to see a BTS of Yongsuk having a talk with the other cast because holy poo poo.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I have the same feeling as well. On one hand, this game can be interesting if it had more skill cards than players participating in it. That would allow the last player a choice and not be restricted to a weak card. Heck, add a wild card option that has an unknown skill in the pool of cards, only to be revealed when it's chosen. It's just not very dynamic when there's a clear result already decided with no way for the losers a chance to affect the outcome. Maybe if this game was played at a later episode with the same number of cards, then it could have been played out better.

I'm still looking forward to how the next episode pans out because of the black garnets in the field now.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Ahyoung is the one of the best even though she is not the brightest. She's always having a blast while nearly everyone else is serious. Dongmin looked scary when he's really deep into thought. Dongmin owns and he should always return to every The Genius seasons.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
^^ he understands :):respek::cool:

Xoidanor posted:

The black mission was absolutely ridiculous. Memorising 12 different names and which number they tie to in 30 seconds is a pretty tall order. The only trick I could think of beyond the surname trick was assigning the numbers 1-10 to my fingers from left to right and 11 and 12 to my respective closed fists in order to keep track of which is which without getting flustered.

Quick memorization of the names seems like a bad idea.

If I was in that position, I would've visualized a town in a 3x4 or 4x3 grid and assign each card in order. It may not be for everyone, but I would find it easier to remember something as if I'm going through that location. Something like "I went for a walk down the main street and walked passed a, b, and c. Across this street was d, e, and f. Further down was g, h, and i. In the alley I saw was j, k, and l."

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 17, 2014

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
That is definitely true once you take time into account and is a flaw with my idea. One of the issues I have with the verse system (because I did it a lot as a kid and I hated 90~% accuracy of my memorization) is how easy it is to jumble up the middle positions when you begin to lose focus. Maybe memorizing the beginning portion of the words in a sequence, then removing the beginning 3 and repeat the last 9 in a sequence. If the person memorizing is confident in remembering the first 3 of the sequence, then the next 9 words can take the focus and puts less pressure on memorizing the whole 12 sequence.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Consistently the best part of every season of The Genius. Dealer nuna :allears:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I didn't pay much attention to Kyunghoon in the first episode, but the screentime he got in this episode annoyed me to no end. I never want to see him in another Genius episode ever again.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I tried looking through the whole thread and seeing all those black bars made me gave up.

Here is what I found on GIS: http://i.imgur.com/nW1e2lS.jpg

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It's not much news for now, but bumdi made a tweet saying the Genius season 4 is in the planning stages.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0003006866&oid=109

Even though there's no other information in that article, I'm still excited that season 4 is in the works!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad Dongmin, Jinho, and Jiyoon are part of the cast. It's disappointing that Hyunmoo couldn't be a part of the cast, but Dongmin is suitable and should suffice. I didn't like Hyunmoo's character at first, but he grew onto me after watching through the whole season and, of course, Abnormal Summit. The dynamic will be different, but I'm be looking out for interactions between Dongmin and Jiyoon and Jinho. :allears:

I'll be curious about Jang Jin because he is a movie director and I'm wondering what he'll bring to Crime Scene as an investigator.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Teek posted:

Per Twitter, Bumdi's currently about halfway through subbing episode 1 of Crime Scene season 2.

Oh, thanks for this. I've completely forgotten about Crime Scene being televised recently and now this will start the coming weeks of eagerly awaiting new episodes. Finally a show I can look forward to!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
This episode was a nice way to start. It was nice that they didn't throw the viewers or the cast knee-deep into a big case immediately and instead chose to get people reacquainted with the show and how it works by creating a case that was easy to understand. I loved the banter between Jiyoon, Dongmin, and Jinho :allears:

Poor Dongmin. I was expecting a high mark for him, but it was funny when he got a lower score than Jinho.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

NowonSA posted:

Please make that the episode based in America or England :pray:. Yoonji running laps around everyone else with her English skills never stops being amazing.

I was also on the fence a bit, although leaning toward the criminal, but yeah Jinho totally knew what was up. I'm looking forward to his turn as detective, it'll be fun to see him cruise right in to picking the criminal and earning $2k.

The best part was how invested they are in winning. Jinho jumping around after the announcement had me laughing, but if that did not convince anyone how serious they take these games, then I don't know what will.

I kind of wished the Director would be more playful to the act after Jinho kept calling him a nerd had me in stitches. I would've been behind the Director if he suddenly changed his persona after his past of being a criminal was revealed. Come on, act like a badass for once! It's a minor gripe, but I shouldn't be expecting amazing things from everyone.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

The best news to have come out! This is coming out a lot sooner than expected since the last one was around October if I recall correctly.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Symbolic Butt posted:

I didn't mind him at first, sure in the first episode he screwed up his ally in a questionable move, but I interpreted that as a failed attempt to play the game without considering the different atmosphere of season 3.

But then he came back as a guest and he was absolutely insufferable. He screwed up Hyunmin hard and for no reason. I wasnt the biggest fan of Hyunmin but even then I felt bad for him.

And oh yeah, he had a goony crush which was cute or creepy depending on who you ask.

This pretty much nails it for me. He wasn't playing to win when he came back as a guest instead of proving why he should have been able to be a contender in that season. He came back to intentionally to make people lose. I'm neutral when it comes to people's personality and tried to give him a chance, but he exposed himself and came off to be very insufferable.

As for Jungmoon, at least she clowned on the S2 folks when she came on as a guest. I don't mind her coming back if she can keep that going and learned from her S1 experience.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

MisterZimbu posted:

Crime Scene S2E9 is up, by the way.

I got it right. I'm surprised no one picked up on the fact that Jinho was outside pretending to listen to music so he could hear the body fall. But one thing I didn't understand was if the burner was on Jinho's balcony, wouldn't there still be rope attached to the victim?

Also, glad to see that Bumdi's on our side. #ExtremeWays

I sided with the director after his deduction about the time delay, since it seemed the most convincing and plausible. The guard's testimony really threw me off, but the timing of the criminal leaving was too suspicious.

I thought the lack of a section of rope still being attached to the belt was inconsistent, but the criminal could've tied the rope at their own balcony where it easily retrievable. If the rope was tied close to where it held the belt, then there would be the section of rope still attached to the belt.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The guests have all been great so far as well. Has there been any dud guests? I'm unable to recall anyone being a dud. Even the bald guy playing the corpse was great at his role!

If only I could remember the director's name. He deserves some commendations because I'm sure people were expecting much from him since and how unknown he was to a lot of us. I'm glad I was on the neutral ground and was open to him being on the show. After his slow start, he started to become better as time went on.

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 9, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't mind if he appears once per season because of how good he is at questioning people. He's definitely miles apart from the cast when he interrogates them and I like how he can confidently question their motives very promptly. Even as a viewer and not as a cast or one being interrogated, I felt intimidated. It's a weird experience since I never expected a show like this to make me feel that way. It might not be a good experience for some people, but I like it.

He also participated quite well for a guest. It was nice to see the perspective and the thought process of a professional compared to the cast.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

NowonSA posted:

Oh, and Jang Jin is the best dad, catch the latest BTS clip if you can.

Really cute BTS clip :allears:

If I was the kid, then I would've been smug about knowing what role Jang Jin was going to play. It must've been really surprising for him when he watches the episode live. I want to see their reactions.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad those videos gave us our daily dose of Ahyoung :allears:

I will post this image since it looks like the ID stuff doesn't bother Doohee anymore:

This image makes me miss Sunggyu.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

We'll have to be patient if you have seen Bumdi's tweet. :(

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/615013592488783872
"Crime Scene 2's last episode will be up in a few hours. The Genius' first episode will take a few days. Don't know how many."

I was going to look forward to it by at least tomorrow, but I won't mind waiting an extra day or two.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
This was posted about 14 hours ago:
https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/615866185867878401
"I think I might get episode 1 done tomorrow."

At least one more day of waiting.

If there's any twitter worth following, it's this one. In fact, this is the only twitter account I do follow and the reason why I check twitter.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Sangmin, you sly devil.

I'm glad this show is back and it was nice to get fully invested into this show again. The editing still plays me like a fiddle. Fun times to be had over this summer.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I can imagine the writers and the staff adding additional notes for newer games. One definitely being, "Is this game Dongmin-proof?" :allears:

Kyunghoon singlehandedly stopped the interest in exploiting the contents inside the game piece. If someone else discovered it and tried to think of the properties of the object inside of game piece, then they may have realized it could work with a magnet. As soon as Kyunghoon failed with it, everyone just immediately dismissed it as something revolutionary. Oh Kyunghoon, what can't you do? :allears:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

NowonSA posted:

Every game so far had the potential to earn a LOT of garnets for the overall group if everyone could get on board for it and not care about who wins and loses. In this week's match alone they could have earned 44 garnets and let the producers sort it out when everyone's tied for first place. Instead, they couldn't even get a mass garnet earning plan to go through for one round. I wouldn't worry about a "let's get garnets" strategy being effective, since it hasn't really been effective aside from a bare minimum of cooperation in the first main match.
The PDs are probably celebrating the fact that Kyunghoon is doing their work for them! There's less of a need for games to remove garnets when one player can prevent others from accumulating them in the first place. :v:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Those gimmicks are entertainment to me. It's amusing to watch people try to crack whatever the game designers are hiding and sometimes there's nothing hidden at all. They're like little kids doing weird things with the toys they are given and trying to do something cool with it.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

NeuroticLich posted:

Sunggyu was on the New Years cooking special last year on HaHa's team.

Haven't watched Running Man in awhile but I'll definitely have to watch this one.

Does anyone have the video of YJS interviewing Jinho for Infinite Challenge? I know someone subbed it but I can't remember if it was Bumdidlyump or not.

The Jinho cut for the IC episode was taken down for copyright. You can watch it from Dramafever if that is an option for you.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4337/72/Infinity_Challenge/

Jinho's interview starts about 8 minutes in.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Welp. Hold off on F5'ing for a couple days for people waiting for the next episode.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/623622734808002561
Bumdidlyumptious ‏@Bumdidlyump 14 minutes ago
"Episode 4 will be a few days late. Been doing overtime at work this week."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It's very ambiguous but I'm leaning towards Bumdi being a male because I've seen his previous profile picture used by a random person I encountered before in a Kakao game (에브리타운/Everytown) a few years ago. There were also the usual flavor text that Korean shows have in the picture. The fact that he/she has kept it ambiguous and has not revealed any personal details at all should mean they want to keep it private. I'll respect that and I won't dig past further than my own speculation.