Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

What's the music playing when Junghyun is selecting an opponent for the deathmatch game? It plays at around 30 minutes of part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Maduo posted:

We can't start doing all-star seasons until we get at least one Running Man cast member drat it. What's Joong-Ki doing these days?

Getting someone from Running Man on this show would be great, but I doubt anyone would have time to do both shows at once for 12ish weeks.

I could definitely see KJK or Jae Suk be a guest since Haha was one from Season 1.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Super pleased with this line up. The only person I'm sad that didn't get in is Ahyoung. Oh well.

I don't know who to cheer for. Jinho? Dongmin? Yeonseung? Mr. Magoo?? So many great players.

Also, something you have to consider is how many strong players there are. In the past 3 seasons, there were a lot of "quiet" players. But now there's a lot of players that have a strong presence, and ranked high in previous seasons. Maybe this means we'll see a lot of intense games from the get go.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Stobbit posted:

Never been more excited for a new season of television than I am for this.

I almost didn't recognize Sangmin on the bottom right looking very non-super saiyan like.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Jinho dressed as Detective Conan was great

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm super behind but can I please get a screencap of this

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

I don't get why Jungmoon revealed why she knew so many digits of pi. Sure, she may have been able to earn everyone's trust, but by doing that, she gave up any chance for the rebels to make a move.

On the other hand, Dongmin played that game practically perfectly. He made sure that no one would ever split up and talk, and he correctly deduced 2 of the rebels. His intuition is impressive.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Exercu posted:

Honestly I think it was advantageous. Or would have been if the team wasn't hilariously inept. Even knowing a gajillion billion digits of pi, there's still no way for the loyalists to win before they break the third digit, and at that point the rebel team can force an end. So the downside of the loyalists being able to control the game doesn't mean anything because as long as the rebels:

-remain undiscovered
-have a turn while a number is at 3 digits

They can end it right then and there.

See, Jungmoon knowing all the digits means all loyalist strategising is done in the opening makes it so Yoohyun and Kyungran wouldn't have to sit around doing it on their notepads. Less suspicion hooray.

But instead they practically wrote on their faces "I am suspicious"

Since everyone knew exactly what digits came next, everyone had to choose exactly what number they were assigned. Because of this, there was never any suspicion over why someone chose a number. As an example, let's say someone puts a 56 into a column with a 9 in it. If the entire group didn't know the pattern was pi, they won't know if that person is a rebel, or if that person is a loyalist, had 5678, and had no choice but to put 56. Because of this, the rebels are pretty much forced to play the numbers the loyalists wanted them to or they'd immediately draw suspicion to themselves. That's partly why yoohyun put 99 in, which is why he said, "we'll never win at this rate." The entire "whodunnit" portion of the game was gone when everyone knew the next numbers.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

qbert posted:

I get what Exercu is saying now. All of the Rebels should have just played the exact numbers they were assigned to play by the Loyalists, because no matter what, one of the columns would hit 3 digits with 7 more boxes that needed to be filled. That meant that if any Rebel gets one of those last 7 turns, they could automatically play 4 digits and win for their team. They'd be outing themselves in the process, but the Loyalists would still be stuck having to figure out another Rebel to send to jail in their last-chance win, giving the Rebel team the best shot possible.

Couldn't this still be achieved if they didn't know what numbers came next? It's true that both columns fill up to 3 digits sooner or later, but you would only know this if you knew the pattern.

Also, you don't necessarily have to immediately play a 4 digit number as a rebel to win. You could play something in the 600s, and then hope that a loyalist draws something like 5678, 9956, or another high number. Not only would the game be over in a turn or two, but the loyalist would end the game and draw suspicion to themselves.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Exercu posted:

It could, but being able to simply follow the plan of the Dongmeister all the way means that you essentially get to not have any responsibility for the numbers exploding as they do. Also note that in the example I pastebinned a few posts ago, the rebel can end the game no matter where in the order he is on the final round. It might not be on his turn it'll end, but it'll end just as surely.

round 24: he can make a four-digit number.
round 25: he can turn the 62 into 976. game ends next round.
round 26: he can turn 67 into 842. Next round 860 is played, followed by 1235.
round 27: he can turn 81 into 868. Next round 1235 is played.
round 28: he can turn 86 into 532. Next round 820 is played, followed by 4667.
round 29&30: we're back into four-digit world chinguya

The public knowledge of the numbers means that there's an opportunity to realise this without any of the members having to act suspiciously by, say, scribbling away on their own at any point except for the final attack.

Wouldn't you be taking responsibility whether or not you're listening to Dongmin? It more has to do with knowing what numbers comes next.

For example, in the pastebin you linked at line 3, a rebel could have put an 8 in column A, and said something like, "Sorry, all I got was 8899," if nobody knew the pattern. But because everyone knew the next set of numbers was 3589, there's no way a rebel could lie like that. There's never any moment where a loyalist has no choice but to put down a high number, and have everyone suspect them. It's really easy to trust everyone when they know what numbers come next. I will say that in the rebel's situation this game, yes, it might have made sense to just wait until someone gets a 3 digit number, and then a rebel immediately uses a 4 digit number since they were already in trouble, but I don't think they would have had such a hard time if the loyalists knew all the numbers.

I also don't see how knowing the numbers would cause the rebels to not act suspiciously. Whether or not the loyalists knew the order, the rebels may or may not have to scribble something down or do something. In fact, despite everyone knowing what numbers came next, yoohyun was caught writing something down which made him suspicious, and dongmin noticed kyungran was reading the rules a lot.

Sorry, but I don't see how the loyalists knowing the order of the numbers benefits the rebels at all.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

It was difficult watching Madong constantly lie to each other for most of the episode. Byanku-whatever is not a good leader, either.

MJ has been very capable at all the competitions, and I would be surprised if she's not in the top 3.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

If Haesung makes it instead of Kyungryul, I'm going to be upset.

If Haesung does end up being in the top three, then I hope Madong loses because of Haesung.

Chicken shenanigans continue to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Very happy Kyungryul made it in top 3, but also kind of sad team MJ lost. MJ was definitely my favorite character.

Overall, Society Game was a fun show to watch.

Something I wanted to comment on in regards to a few episodes ago was the mood difference between Nopdong and Madong when Team MJ was winning over and over. Whenever Nopdong won, they would return to their camp joking and laughing in high spirits. Life was so awesome. Then the camera immediately switches to Madong walking back to their camp completely crushed and saddened. It was like they had just watched someone die. And it was like this for many episodes. The mood difference was so sad it was almost comical. I felt bad for them, and really wanted them to win. But they kept losing. Finally, Madong won a game, and you could tell how happy and relieved everyone in Madong was. I think that was one of the few times I empathized with Madong. I liked these kinds of moments because it was something you might not expect to happen, and the emotions everyone displayed felt real and genuine. It's these kind of surprises that made Society Game fun to watch.