Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Season 1 was some of the best TV I've watched all year and that's saying something. What's the policy regarding spoilers? Will it be constant black bars then a week after an episode it's free to talk about?

Season 2 is off to a great start, they made a smart choice bringing Sangmin and Jinho back as it just adds another layer to this amazing game. Also the person I thought was going out in the first round ended up actually going, was so good to watch.

Yoonsun and Hongchul are my faves already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The opening music is great aswell. You get a slow build with various pieces being put in place and alliances for the episode developing then BOOM. It's a really effective way to get people pumped up for the show, works for me every time.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

That was an amazing deathmatch.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Gonna be really interesting to see if Ahyoung will get her revenge after being so blatantly betrayed. I don't know what Kyunghoon was thinking. Sure, he won the round but he's screwed long-term with that hanging over him.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Extreme Ways is NOTHING without several repeated reaction shots from various different angles with slo mo and a saturated camera filter. You gotta go all out or go home :colbert:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

SebastianK posted:

Haven't been the biggest fan of mr Dong so far but this clip is pretty fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZmXA7RvUE

Clip of the series right there.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

One-time comedy option: The people on Gogglebox.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

At this point I want Ahyoung to take the title. Wouldn't even be mad.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

BurningDance posted:

I didn't pay much attention to Kyunghoon in the first episode, but the screentime he got in this episode annoyed me to no end. I never want to see him in another Genius episode ever again.

Yeah, this episode reminded me why I'm glad he went so early.

I love how Ahyoung was just having a ton of fun while the other guests were getting mad/upset.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdQBW6erD4

I really can't wait for this season to start.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

:siren::siren::siren::siren: IT BEGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS:siren::siren::siren::siren:

e: This opening is rad.

e2: (very early on) EXTREME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS :toot:

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 1, 2015

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

NowonSA posted:

So gooood. Thoughts on the first episode and preview of the second episode (major spoilers, don't read if you haven't seen the episode!):

Pretty ballsy of Sangmin to betray almost the entire field in the first episode, but it's Sangmin so he'll somehow not be targeted ever for it. My current hatred is fueled toward Junseok, since he spazzed out and started making off with the trading card and didn't really have a good reason to make himself a target by doing so (Sangmin at least felt guilty and knew he would secure first place this round), although the main alliance really should have realized that they just had to do one or two semi-risky trades to get back on track much faster. Sangmin's betrayal still would have probably worked, but they may have had more time to figure something out, AKA swap the card back to Tittygod because he's a moron. And yeah, I expected to hate Tittygod, and I still do a fair amount for his sheer incompetence, but I'm getting a sick thrill out of watching him be used by everyone, sit around helplessly, never stick to an alliance, and be unable to follow even the simplest instructions. Overall an impressive amount of behind the scenes chicanery considering Hyunmin had cracked two separate (extreme) ways for most of the players to get loads of points.

Next week should be fun, it looks like Dongmin's in peril, Tittygod is still worthless, and a garnet match already.

I get far more enjoyment from people on the show bemoaning every dumb, incomprehensibly bad move Junseok makes than actually watching the guy himself. Dude is a chore on the senses but it's worth it for everyone else's reaction to his stupidity. I love to hate him so loving much.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I think the UK could pull it off it was a lower budget version on BBC 4 or something. Get Victoria Coren, David Mitchell (for the husband/wife combo), Rachael Riley, Stephen Fry, Rob Brydon, some Uni professors and an open casting call for the rest and I'd watch the hell out of that.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Suspicious Dish posted:

can we please stop writing celebrity fanfiction and making our One True Genius Pairings tia

Let me dream until the next episode comes out.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

BSam posted:

No seriously the amount of times we've had this conversation is tiring.

Apologies then. I can't remember the thread having this conversation, at least not for a very long time. Haven't been reading it too closely though so I'm probably very much mistaken.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Episode 2 is up: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2x7vr2

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Loved how Yoonsun went "None of you want to work with me? gently caress you guys then I'll just play you off against each other with no way of you knowing so that I can just cruise through all this poo poo undetected and unharmed."

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Dongmin loving calling out Jongmoon like a boss, dude is on the ball always. That was definitely a highlight for me.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Episode's up.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I can't believe Haesung has been leader for this long, I know editing plays a part but he's displayed basically no leadership qualities whatsoever. Him being at the top through sheer politics has really done a number on that team.

MJ is simply doing what most leaders do, consolidating power and eliminating threats. So far it's been working incredibly well and now she gets to purely focus on Pharoh with his leader card thing. Even if she's eventually toppled as leader, she's proven to be too valuable to eliminate and will make basically everyone's Top 3. But hey, it's 2016, anything can happen.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Episode 8 is up.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I love how Haesung is scared shitless of Kyungrul because Haesung is basically second fiddle to him. Pushing conspiracies and throwing everything but the kitchen sink to try to get Kyungrul eliminated was both hilarious and sad. Kyungrul did make a mistake of having literally anything to do with Byungkwan though. Stay away Kyungrul, only bad poo poo awaits there you fool. Should have just stayed quiet and coasted into the top 3 since he's clearly the best mental player on that team with enough dexterity to get by.

Also as usual MJ continues to blow everyone out of the water in every possible metric. She doesn't even need to be leader anymore, just have Macho as a more-than-willing puppet to take the heat and she's golden. Hell, she even got an extra 7-8000 Koreabucks for the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Episode 12 is up! https://openload.co/embed/EuFnAdRbk5w