Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizardryo
Jul 23, 2002

"Finally! A deep throat to call my own!"
Was there a thread for S1? Would love to see people's thoughts on that and the search on here is always hit-or-miss. The gameplay in this was up there with maybe S1 of The Mole for me, though I thought the earlier S1 games had a little more leeway in tactics and strategy whereas the later ones seemed heavily dependent on figuring out the "trick" and exploiting it. The Mole was still pretty good with making their games pretty complex even toward the end. I think what really makes this show is that the unique cultural aspects make the "alliances" on the show so fluid and dynamic. It really does make everything unpredictable.

Fast Luck posted:

Kyungran was really good at The Genius... I think she was the most complete player that season with a combination of intelligence and politics/charm.

(S1 spoilers below)

Agreed. I loved Jinho's outside-the-box strategies but thought that Kyungran played as perfect a game as she was able to and only really got screwed because of Jinho's allies during hap/gyul and that Yooram wasn't there to help out. Jinho really faltered in the games without loopholes/exploits and Kyungran still survived through them. Though she obviously didn't play up the show's comedic aspect like Sangmin and Jinho did, she did a really good job surviving in the early rounds and making strong gameplay moves in the later ones. Hope there's more people with her gameplay style in S2, since, like you said, all the other female contestants didn't do much in S1, although I get the sense that a lot of them seemed overwhelmed by the game and some of the more stronger personalities. Jungmoon basically ruined the zombie game. I'm also kinda pissed that Eunji figured out how to cheat during her death match with Yooram, since Yooram was the only other female contestant who really tried to play the game.

Suppose it's time to start on season 2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU