Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Since ep1 is already out, do we really need spoilers? Sangmin as the snake was perfect, since it gave him the opportunity to sit around laughing all day and observing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad Hongchul is keeping it light, but his schtick would be a lot more annoying if he were against Jinho or Sangmin.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I don't get why Eunkyul was targeting people before the match (or at least why he'd admit it). What's the point? It's not fun and doesn't add to the game. So I'm pleased that he didn't survived the deathmatch. Yoonsun wins episode MVP for sniffing out the conspiracy, but Jinho win's Best Move by shuffling the decks and one-upping Sangmin.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

GraPar posted:

Woah, subber just tweeted "Very controversial episode this week. They had to edit some parts out to lessen the backlash." Am now unbelievably excited to watch it. (Some people in the replies seemed similarly shocked )

I asked him for a hint... the main thing I can think that would cause an actual backlash (besides physical/verbal abuse) would be a producer screwup that ends up sending someone to Death Match. And out of the cast, maybe only a true outrage if that person is Jinho.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

The producers should have realized that while what was happening wasn't a violation of the letter of the rules, the majority alliance was manipulating the game in an unpleasant way.

Luckily, there would have been a solution here: issue Doohee a new ID card but allow the stolen one to remain in play. Then it returns to a game of trust and people manipulation.

Anyway, I just hate it when individuals are targeted without a strategic reason. I hated it when Eunkyul did it, and I hated it in this episode as well. Not even just the theft which was lucky, but the deathmatch backstab is really pretty personal IF the phone call story is true.

Also, Lee "Boston Rob" Sangmin owns.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I hate Jiwon but that was 100% the right strategy in that situation. Now I just want to watch Sangmin wipe the floor with these morons while Yohwan catches on a day late and a dollar short and Yooyoung wears another frumpy sweater.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

Jinho would get slaughtered on Running Man though. Infinity Challenge on the other hand :getin:

This is not a spoiler, and we're several days past the episode availability. Can we please switch over to Netflix show spoiler rules, or the ep-by-ep equivalent where we don't spoiler things that are available? It's just getting pointless.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Sangmin winning: Check. Yooyoung wearing a frumpy sweater: Check. Yohwan not quite being able to pull something together: Check.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Is Dealer Nuna confirmed to be back for season three? This is important :ohdear:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I do not like this Deathmatch, because I don't like the ones where winning relies on getting info out of the other players. Even though in this particular case, the winner devised a superior strategy.

Hyunmin for episode MVP for remembering how the Main Match ACTUALLY ends. Almost but not quite an Extreme Ways moment.

Fuoco posted:

The love line package totally cracked me up. Totally foreshadowed Kyunghoon's incoming loss as well.

I was laughing through that whole bit.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Push was SUPER POWERFUL and Hyunmin played it perfectly... nearly always deferring and asking the targets which direction they wanted to go, etc. He really had a lot of power with the combined effects but didn't really end up looking like the bad guy. Except he got over excited when trying to manipulate that one woman over who would come in last. If he can reign in the overplaying, he'll be the front runner.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I don't get why Sujin basically volunteered for the deathmatch. Is she tired of it too? It's not great that potentially multiple players so far are basically wanting to get out.

Main Match was terrible. Really, really bad. If someone actually had switched (as the reward structure incentivized) the game would've been over immediately if everyone focus-fired. How could anyone possibly think this would be a good game.

Death Match was reasonable but I was kind of disappointed over the result. On the other hand, the "twist" rule of double betting never actually came into play, so no Extreme Ways moment.

Dongmin, Hyunmin, Ahyoung, and Mentality King are my favs right now.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Ahyoung must have brought a flask this episode. Also, MENTALITY KING IS MENTALITY KING :hellyeah:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder how many more people will fall in love with Ahyoung this season

besides me :swoon:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

How dare you insult MENTALITY KING :mad:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I don't like games where people get frozen out. I feel like a lot of games this season end up being team games with targeted losers which kind of sucks. Even the mine game where Bandage Sniffer said "this is not a team game" ended up being a team game. Where are the amazing individual wins? I NEED MY EXTREME WAYS.

That said, Dongmin is pretty funny.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I'm gonna be real sad if Ahyoung and Dongmin don't end up together outside the show :3:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Mentality King makes a Middle Race comeback, even if it was a shared victory, woohoo. Go Mentality King. What was the song that was playing while they were saying goodbye to Yoohyun?

Also

Next ep

Mutha

friggin

:master: SANGMIN :master:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Sweet thanks. Also I can't believe I forgot in my last post, but oh man Sound of Silence got a huge laugh from me, I was dying.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Loved the "final four" intro, reminded me of Survivor. Agree that while Main Match was great, the game itself was slightly flawed due to the betting situation.

Dongmin does get weirdly frustrated some times, and that's actually a lot of why I like Yeongseung. He's not really the greatest at any of these games, but he's having fun and not taking anything TOO seriously. Dongmin gets angry, Yeonjoo and Hyunmin cry, and Yeongsung is leaning back with a dopey smile. MENTALITY KING.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Mentality King nooooo. On the other hand, if the finale was anything but Hyunmin vs Dongmin, we'd always have wondered "what if".

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I liked MENTALITY KING but I don't think he should come back.... he's not aggressive enough to make a second showing worthwhile. Yoohyun might be a good option, I feel like he was constantly second fiddle strategically and tactically to the Dongmin/Hyunmin tag team, so if he came back with something to prove, I'd watch.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Can the OP change the thread title or something when there's new Genius news? I don't care about crime scene.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Disappointed no Ahyoung or Yohwan's Wife or Eunji :swoon:. Still, really good cast except for Kyunghoon, ugh I hope he's the first boot. Rooting for Kyungran.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe Sunggyu can be a guest in an episode and he and Dongmin can compete to see who can make Dealer Nuna blush first.

Which also reminds me: IS DEALER NUNA CONFIRMED???

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Can we get a new thread for the new season, and maybe focus it on only 1 show this time? This is going to get chaotic if people are trying to post crime scene and genius spoilers next to each other.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I like that people like Junseok are willing to go against potential orchestrated majorities. That was one of the down points of S2 is that Hyunmin would devise some winning strategy for all but 1 person then Dongmin would ram it through. Hopefully Sangmin's deviousness and Junseok's power plays and Yohwan's bumbling cluelessness will prevent that happening again.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Straight Shooter Captain America Justice Kyungran was in fine form this ep.

Maduo posted:

gently caress yeah, Mentality King. :black101:

Wanna empty quote this forever (but I'm still rooting for Kyungran overall)

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Elite posted:

(in comparison Yeonseung might've compromised people's trust in him)

The A-players already don't seek him out for alliances. Could be his personality or w/e, or could be that they don't think he has the chops. Being able to beat The Mins at their own strategy would be a positive development for him.

Also: Yoohyun, always a bridesmaid never a bride. This guy is saavy enough but always 1/2 step behind in the execution.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

This was a nearly impossible game for the rebels to win, even without "can't lie to save her life" Jungmoon, "symbol of justice nuna" Kyungran, or "savvy but half step behind" Yoohyun.

I believe that possibly their only viable strategy, especially with Dongmin taking control, was to make Kyungran the final king. Make it a "only Nixon can go to China" kind of thing. Have Yoohyun & Jungmoon do what they can to subtly cast doubt on Dongmin (or heck, Jungmoon is a bad liar so allow her to be discovered and then have her "out" Dongmin to the group). Then only Extremely Trustworthy Nuna could possibly be the final king. Game over.

I did think there was an outside "0.01%" chance that Dongmin could be a rebel and was doing something like this.

Sucks for Yoohuyn and I like him, but #1 Kyungran is my pony pick to win it all this season, go girl.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I like Kyungran because she's doesn't ever appear to be intimidated. She'll do her thing, maybe with some alliance, and they'll win or not, and she'll go to the deathmatch or not, and she'll smile all the way there and maybe beat you, maybe not. She's also super sharp and a ~Symbol Of Justice~.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Jungmoon gets eliminated, Junseok showdown vs Club Dongmin, Jinho betrays both sides in an ~extreme ways~ moment.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Eponymous posted:

"For example, A was Ahyoung. It was Shin Ahyoung. There was a blue symmetrical X so I imagined her in Smurfs clothes playing Pump It Up."

What's weird is I do the same thing, and I'm not even trying to think up mnemonics

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Great Main Match, really enjoyable to watch. Some mild teaming but mostly an individual affair. However I do not get why Dongmin took that high number late game. Not sure what he was planning.

Brutal Death Match. I've played Hap Gyul irl (different name, with cards) and I'm just about as good at it as Kyungran.

SO HYPE FOR NEXT WEEK

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

1- Solid main match
2- Edge of my seat deathmatch
3- Incredible extreme ways moment
4- I love dealer nuna, pageant runner up irl but winner of my heart :swoon: but that moment was 100% staged

(this show really knows it's audience, I think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I got confused like Dongmin did and also thought the numbers would only be ascending. Not sure what the rule was in that case. That DM yay, but :(