Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Just finished the first episode of the new season and it seems that most of the cast know what they're doing except for Jaekyung, Junghyun and Jiwon. Hopefully in later episodes they get the chance to show us that they're not completely oblivious and not just get carried into later rounds.

Kinda bummed that the 0 card didn't come in play in the death match, but that was probably because the game was designed so that having generally unfavorable cards by the end is unlikely. But it would've made things interesting if the trusted last person they trade with gave that card to them.

But overall great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Dancing Peasant posted:

Never seen her on Running Man before.

She's been in the K-Pop scene for a long long time, like 15+ years. She recently had a video featuring a bunch of IC members (including YJS and Ha Ha) though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0wPs6TrEE

The Park Ji Yoon in Crime Scene was an announcer at KBS that is now an MC in various programs. That Park Ji Yoon in the music video is a singer/actress.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Oh my, I actually remember reading about this crime in the news back then. That's so awesome.

Finding about the medicine and then finding the prescription papers in the doctors drawers cemented the fact that he was the murderer but I still got it wrong because I thought it couldn't be that easy. The cast, until this episode, hasn't found definitive evidence in any of their previous crimes so I thought there's got to be something else that they were missing. I guess they're getting better.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Douwe posted:

Or, you know, women...

Something like 7 years ago they had a pretty popular talk show on KBS called Global Talk Show (미녀들의수다) that focused on gathering a group of foreign women and have them talk about their experiences in Korea and such. A few of the female foreigners became to be pretty popular in Korea because of their quirks and personalities. The Italian representative way of talking Korean became so popular, Korean celebrities imitate her. And this isn't the only talk show that involved foreigners either, it's just that these two, Global Talk Show and Abnormal Summit are the most popular ones.

I guess what was going on in the minds of the producers was, "Hey, there used to be a popular female foreigner talk show, so let's make a male foreigner talk show!" Who knows, they might bring in some of the Global Talk show members in as a special one time thing or as guests.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
I am so pumped up for the first episode of season 3 after I watched the 10 min video of episode 1 posted on Bumbdidlyumptious twitter. If Hweejong get's eliminated again on the first episode I am going to go crazy.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Cute n Popular posted:

Looks like at the very least Jinho and Sangmin will make an appearance in S3.

https://twitter.com/jinhoda/status/525670117145722880

Translation: "It's been awhile with Genius members!! Oooowaahh It's good to see them^^"

To me it seems like nothing but a get together of old Genius cast at Dongmin's new restaurant.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Some more information on Crime Scene 2.

They're running a lotto promotion event where people guess the cast of 6 players, one of them a guest. Pot is at ~$5,000 and increases with more participants maxing at ~$10,000 with at least 5000 participants. Starts 3/2 to 3/11 and reveals winners on 3/23.

Notable people pictured are the past members of Crime Scene 1, Jang Dong Min (Genius 3) and Sungkyu (Genius 1). The really famous people listed are probably baits like Baek Ji Young and Lee Hyori.

Silvain fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 4, 2015

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Yeah, Lawyer Kang isn't pictured, neither are Henry and Lawyer Im that Kang replaced.

Briefly looking at the comments, looks like the popular ones are Jinho, Sungkyu, and Yoo Se Yoon (Abnormal Summit). Hyunmoo is already confirmed as returning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Hani was part of a floundering girl group until some stalker uploaded a recording of her online and now they're the hottest thing in kpop. Jang jin is a fairly prominent film director/writer that also worked on SNL Korea.

Jiyoon will probably take over the MC'ing duties while Dongmin berates everyone for being stupid.