Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Bettik posted:

Just because it's usually only the people who feel strongly about stuff that post, I just wanted to add:

I really don't give a flying gently caress about what the stats are called and such. Please just continue to make a modern-ish take on the Infinity engine games as you've been explaining endlessly you are.

This (wo)man speaks for more of us than one might think. Really, all I want is the isometric viewpoint to pretty locales and the tactical combat and the good storytelling. I don't give a toss about the game mechanics as long as they work. Honestly, if anything I wish you were given freer hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Furism posted:

People should just stop paying attention to the friggin' class names and just look at the abilities.

I'm a bit ambivalent on this. You're right, of course. But on the other hand, a class name can be a handy shorthand for a general idea of the package you're getting.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
I am geeking out about the level of detailed thought that's gone into the creation of this world SO drat HARD. I'm almost as excited for the campaign almanac as I am for the game itself!

(Upon further thought, that hut does look somewhat sturdy and laborious to build for something exactly on the shoreline though. I guess it is high tide - they wouldn't have had time to knock it up before it got swept away otherwise!)

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

MartianAgitator posted:

No, it's a deterrence strategy. You forfeit to wookiees when you play them at space chess because otherwise you get your arms ripped off. You surrender to these guys because otherwise they kill everyone you know and salt the fields behind them.

Thing is, it seems these guys don't really ACCEPT surrenders, ever. I'm not sure if that makes them more or less of a nuclear deterrence analogue.

• Locked thread