Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I think the main thing to me regarding party members is that we get as many of them available from early on before you get caught in a Jaheira-Minsc-Imoen situation where you don't want to ditch your pals for the new guys coming into the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

For better or for worse I've submitted my NPC. I don't know how Ropekid and co. can do this stuff. But I think I got the most important detail right though:

quote:

Just give me one of those sweet feathered hats with the brims.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Ultima 7 part 2. Each of the cities in it had a different currency as well as generic gold coins.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Seems to me that trying to take that egg from the nest would be a foolish thing to do. Best to unpack your cooking gear and hard boil that egg right there.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

How do you feel about action points (Fallout/Divinity Original Sin) vs the two actions per turn system used in the new X-Com?

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 23, 2014

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

So if you are at a higher tier that has multiple copies of the final game included do you get multiple copies of the beta?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

A_Spec posted:

For those that need some distraction until the beta is out there's a presentation of it on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Xqei2ZSbY

gently caress You: Suck My Dick: Chris Saywer's Personal Dream RPG Experience.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Ha. After the fight with the elder wolf and it's pack my Cipher started swinging non-stop at the air in front of her. It went on for about half a minute until hitting the screenshot key reset her. My combat log has a bunch of entries where she flanks and grazes the BB gang and finally where she actually flanked herself and grazed for 0.0 damage.

Menu options such as auto-pause are not saving for me between game restarts.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

:raise:

Missing String is probably the name of the monster. But still my combat and travel times are exactly the same.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

So pressing Tilde brings up a console prompt for me. I don't know if it's enabled by default but I'm running the game with the -popupmenu option for borderless windowed mode.

I tried typing a few things like help, god and ropekid but nothing seems to happen except a no command or script error in the dialog window.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

BB Wizard just loves to strip naked any time I go to Dryford. He's already lost three different pieces of armour.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

If like me you get hit with the bug where the Dyrford map fails to load with a black screen after killing Medreth then just press the space bar to unpause the game instead of replaying an hour's worth of content just to get the same bug again.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Diomedes posted:

I'm a little confused by this character's accuracy score. Dex gives him +19 accuracy, but his total accuracy is listed as 16. Is the character suffering a penalty for fatigue?

He was knocked out in an earlier fight so yes he was suffering a fatigue penalty.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

If anyone is interested in the nuts and bolts of the game then the save game files can just be opened up and extracted as a zip file. Character data appears to be stored in the extracted MobileObjects.save file.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

If the game strings are in an as open a format as we are led to believe then everyone can just rename it whatever they want.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hreinhold posted:

Is there plans for a 1600x1200 resolution? Playing in 1400x900 windowed now, but would prefer a borderless windowed version of 1600x1200.

-popupwindow is the launch option for borderless windowed.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

How do I split stacks of items? I've tried ctrl, shift, alt and double clicking.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

If you want to mess with commands for the in-game console (tilde to open) then you can use the find command to search for console commands. Usage is to type find <substring for searching>

Eg find heal will tell you that HealParty is the code to heal everyone (duh).

Edit: findObject <substring> seems to list objects in the area.

So I was stuck in the tanners with no way to open the door. I was able to use 'findObject door' to get a list of doors and then use 'open <name of door> true' to open the door that was blocking me.

ToggleCursorDebug allows you to see the name of the item/character under your mouse.

HelmetVisibility true/false hides your helmets.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 21, 2014

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hopper posted:

Hmm, when I pick up plants, it tells me that my party gained an item: XYZ (e.g. golden celery) but these never show up in my inventory. Bug shells, spider venom etc. do.

Have you had the same happen?

They automatically go into an ingredients section of the inventory. There should be a button in the party inventory for viewing ingredients.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Bug where summoned skeletons become permanent parts of your party = cool.
Bug where summoned skeletons freeze up after combat and prevent you from changing maps = not cool.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Just kill the skeletons yourself, it might take a while but at least you aren't map-locked.

I quit after that but is there a key to force friendly fire? I did hit them with a fireball but I did not have enough spells available to me to get rid of them and I couldn't click the rest button due to the skeleton portraits covering the button.

Edit: A for force attack.

I reloaded and they were gone. I went into a dungeon and the first time I cast that spell again I summoned 6 skeletons instead of 3. My game then crashed.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 22, 2014

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

If anyone is interesting in the challenge running a solo character then you can enable the party management screen as follows.
Open the console. Press ¬. You should get a prompt in the top left hand corner saying press enter to input a command. You have to do this for each command.
Enter EnablePartyManager.
Enter ManageParty

Output from commands appears in the combat log. You can search for commands by typing find. No much appears to work though. Typing Rest lets you rest without using up a camping supply and in any location.

Scorchy posted:

There's only 31 portraits in there right now covering both sexes. I imagine there'll be plenty of portrait packs from day one, maybe if there's Steam workshop support it would handle that easily.

And all of them are white (and blue) people. No ocean folk at all.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 23, 2014

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Doing that set of commands gets you past the frozen character bug without risking saving and reloading a bugged game file as well.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I would like to see a bit of text or an icon in combat over or under the portraits that just shows what action the character is doing. Just to show whether it's attacking, casting, moving or idle.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Have Obsidian released their GOG keys yet for Wasteland?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Munin posted:

I got mine already.

Just tried generating and it just gave me a steam key which I didn't want.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Munin posted:

Oh, sorry misread that. I got a steam key.

It's all good. Apparently I had another key from my original WL2 pledge that I could use. First world problems.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Go the Ultima VII route and make throwing baby nappies the ultimate combat manoeuvre.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Has the backer beta added any new locations or quests in the past two months?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

FRINGE posted:

What is this/those?

A bunch of ex-Looking Glass people are doing a not-Ultima Underworld kick starter in February.
http://othersideentertainment.com/

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Is there anyway to tell at a glance if a character is idle during combat apart from the animation stance? I'm terrible at micromanagement and I keep forgetting to tell characters to do anything after they use abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I can't believe no-one has yet suggested "gently caress you: suck my dick—Josh Sawyer's Personal Dream RPG Experience"

• Locked thread