Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I know early on a bunch of us 4e D&D nerds were asking how class balance was being handled- mainly questions on casters vs. non-casters.

I followed the link on classes in the OP and remember that a bit- but has anything more concrete been laid out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Rope Kid tell me why fighters won't suck I need this to sleep well!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

rope kid posted:

Fighters can knock dudes on their asses, both individually and, at higher levels, in groups. Also they can act like big sheets of burly flypaper and catch scrubs who try to rush by them. Their disengagement attacks are gnarly, they constantly regenerate Stamina, they convert a percentage of Grazes to Hits (this was modified from their earlier Confident Aim ability), they can shield nearby allies, and they get weapon specialization. The specialization damage bonus isn't as flashy as using a paladin's Flames of Devotion, but they gain the damage benefit with every hit forever. They're designed to be reliable, efficient, and nigh-indestructible. They're not the guys you pick to have a single shining moment in the sun before they explode and collapse, but I think they are great characters. Then again, I loved playing a warden in 4E, so I'm biased toward "slow burn" defender types.

Everyone who played 4e loved Wardens. Ok we are cool now.

*sheathes his hanzo steel*

edit- I think the important thing is having some ability to manage groups of enemies, since in my experience with ISO RPGs the fighter's real weakness is more how they don't contribute to fights with large numbers of enemies sometimes. Namaste :)

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 11, 2013

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Delta Green.

This is not getting enough love.

• Locked thread