Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Yoshimo posted:

What a splendid idea!

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Every update I see makes me glad I backed this :allears:

I really like the way they are doing the dialogues with descriptions of some details and not only of what the characters are saying (kinda like reading a book). Those 'choose your own adventure' screens are great and they can create some really nice situations that wouldn't translate well to the isometric perspective but could add a lot to the narrative and the experience of playing.

Congrats to Rope Kid for his design decisions and for taking some time to answer or questions.

Pillars and Witcher 3 are definitely my most anticipated games, maybe Bloodborne would be on the list but I think it's PS4 only :(

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

pun pundit posted:

Yeah the disappearing item bug is pretty annoying, especially if you fully explore the town. Half my party had one or two items missing by the time I engaged my first combat, including the wizard's grimoire, i.e. all his spells.

Most of my party had no items during the 1st fight, only my Cipher and the Rogue were attacking. Cleric with no weapons at least had her spells, the mage with no wand or grimoire couldn't do anything and the fighter with the shield just stood there taking damage.

As someone said before it is kinda hard to click on the right enemy when you have many units close.

The rest looks great though.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

StashAugustine posted:

I have been having issues with character hitboxes, it feels like fights are too chaotic ot get a grip on right now.

Maybe they should try to set a bigger minimum distance between units or something like holding tab to get some little boxes above all the enemies with their names and when you put your mouse over the other boxes disappear/get semitransparent and the chosen enemy is highlighted

I'd like a better visual feedback on the status effects on the enemies too, my Cypher causes some and I don't even know what they actually do

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Might, Dexterity and Intellect are definitely the "best stats" (any build you make would use these well, maybe if you're doing a buff-only-never-click-on-the-enemy build you could probably drop Dex).

Perception, Resolve and Constitution are more circumstantial.

Con is always nice but I don't think that ranged characters wouldn't need much if your positioning is good and you have good tanks.

Resolve and Perception I still need to play more battles to know how useful they really are but only from what they do...

Perception if you attack fast to interrupt the enemy spells and Resolve if you have abilities with long cast time and you're normally a target for enemies (unless the enemy AI is programmed to try to interrupt casters on the back with ranged attacks I would only get this on close range builds).

In the end they don't seem to matter like in D&D (they are more role related than class related), don't stress over the numbers just think how you want your character to be.

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 22, 2014

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
What if they knew people would dig into the files so they made some fake npcs :tinfoil:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

rope kid posted:

I actually don't know what "S" is. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._(Dorst_novel)

It's kinda like House of Leaves by Danielewski or Pale Fire by Nabokov, different narrators interacting on the same text, the story has... different levels of narrative? I don't know the the correct term, if you google image it and look at one page you'll see

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'll have some free time on the end of march :toot:

I got the Digital Fun Pack plus a few addons, does anyone know if the "Digital Campaign Almanac" is the same as the "Digital Download of World Almanac" ?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
People on the stream chat asking for a UI like the old IE games, why :psyduck:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 15, 2015

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
To solo the game you will probably have to stealth almost every fight, probably only fight mandatory enemies. You will definitely need Stealth and Mechanics might be good too.

For classes... I only played with a Cipher on the backer and I think he would be a good contender for soloing.

- Skill bonus both in Mechanics and Stealth
- Abilities are fueled by Focus, that's generated in battle so your abilities are not limited by rest
- You have a lot of disables (Single target and AoE)
- Dominate (Removes one enemy and get an ally)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I think this was more about the unconscious dungeons, maybe they thought they didn't have the time or it would make them too different from others companions.

I like games with fewer party members because they can be more fleshed out like this, fewer variety but a denser experience.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

UrbicaMortis posted:

I'm not sure I agree that execution isn't a punishment in PoE like says. I mean, sure, your soul gets released back to get reincarnated but, as I understand it, it's not like you can remember your past lives so death is still basically death.

He's just saying that there a lot of worst things to suffer, nobody wants to die even knowing that their soul will still go on but for something like our death sentence kind of punishment they need to do something like "Oh, and after killing you we're going to bind your soul to this stone and keep it locked so you will never reincarnate"

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Doesn't need to be pirate but a naval based expansion/new game where you go to visit various islands and distant lands would be pretty cool.

Boat with stronghold mechanics :dance:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

SmellOfPetroleum posted:

Haven't been following development much, but does that article say the digital version is an either or gog/steam code, not both? Now I'm conflicted.

When in doubt between the two I usually go for GoG unless it is a game that get's constantly updated or uses a lot of multiplayer, I don't think PoE will be that kind of game

The Almanac and Collector's Book looks so good, they're everything I missed about those old big manuals :allears:

I paid this so long ago that it's almost like a present from my past self (It helps that my birthday is on march, 2 weeks earlier than the release but still counts)

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 12, 2015

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

rope kid posted:

Weapons/shields are just weapons and shields. All of these bonuses stack.

Will Two-Handed weapons have higher enchant stats ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Make the random loot be generated at the start of the game so the spergs will have to restart to be optimal

• Locked thread