Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

rope kid posted:

Fighters can knock dudes on their asses, both individually and, at higher levels, in groups. Also they can act like big sheets of burly flypaper and catch scrubs who try to rush by them. Their disengagement attacks are gnarly, they constantly regenerate Stamina, they convert a percentage of Grazes to Hits (this was modified from their earlier Confident Aim ability), they can shield nearby allies, and they get weapon specialization. The specialization damage bonus isn't as flashy as using a paladin's Flames of Devotion, but they gain the damage benefit with every hit forever. They're designed to be reliable, efficient, and nigh-indestructible. They're not the guys you pick to have a single shining moment in the sun before they explode and collapse, but I think they are great characters. Then again, I loved playing a warden in 4E, so I'm biased toward "slow burn" defender types.

Nice. I like getting in close and personal so I'll probably take a monk. Looking forward to kicking bad people in the head and punching them in the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Still can't successfully manage my pledge on the backer site. I wonder if it is still just overloaded or if something is simply broken. Logged a job with support anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sensuki posted:

Try a different browser.

Yeah I already tried that. Also different computers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kanfy posted:

I am also having the same issue.

Generic errors that tell you nothing are the worst :argh:

E:

And now it worked, proving once again that whining is the most effective way to get things done. :toot:

:hfive:

Same here. Just overloaded I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If we get a fortress with cannons I want the ability to load them with confetti and people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If we have guns as a desirable weapon to use then I demand the ability to parry bullets with nothing more than my fist as a monk.

Because meditation, secret ways, inner chi, etc.

Better yet, make the skill "bullet eater" so you can catch them with your face instead. Perhaps also make it improvable so this isn't instantly fatal?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ElrondHubbard posted:

Sterling Archer is more or less the antithesis of diplomacy

I would love to have Sterling Archer -like conversation options sprinkled throughout the game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Upmarket Mango posted:

It's a cool setting. The broken mechanics just add to the charm.

This, and because it was a single player game learning how to utterly break the mechanics and become an unstoppable death dealing magical killing machine was just part of the fun.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

verybad posted:

I'm claiming BG2 is a pretty well balanced game for a single player RPG.

:raise:

Are you certain you played BG2? Maybe confusing it with something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Death head godlike wizard is fantastic. Just feels so "right".

• Locked thread