Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to look at the website itself yet, but I have a quick question:

What's the deadline for managing pledges and adding add-on goodies? Depending on how the next couple months pan out financially, I want to add some additional things to my pledge, but I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to make a final call on how much I can spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

VanSandman posted:

I do want to know more about the reputation system. I would assume there's some sort of faction-based tracker and an attitude based one, right? This is important: Can I be a smartass to people waaaaaaay more powerful than me and dodge the consequences if I'm competent?

Are you planning on playing a wizard named Harry Dresden, by chance?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

rope kid posted:

They wind up asking for incredibly bad/not fun things because they don't really understand the genre (on PC, console, or otherwise).

Well now I'm just super curious. What random poo poo do clueless publishers ask for in RPGs?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

2house2fly posted:

I was going to make a joke like "uh do you have a lore reason why [ridiculous thing there would never be a lore reason for because who cares]" but then I remembered that once someone made a similar joke about bottlecaps as currency in New Vegas and rope kid responded with a detailed answer about how bottlecaps came to be used as currency in New Vegas. So now I genuinely can't think of a ridiculous thing to make a joke about because anything that occurs to me has probably been thought through. The two-ring limit might be Obsidian's only weak spot.

Is this explanation about caps still floating around on the internet? I'd love to read it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Get whatever narrator you want, as long as Shigeru Chiba does the Japanese version dub.

• Locked thread