Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Has it been stated whether the results are fixed or randomized in the CYOA events?

I don't want to come across as a dumbass, but...how could the results be random? Like, you make a skill check, for example, and either you pass it or you don't.

Or do you mean like you roll dice to make skill checks, so the pass/fail or degree of pass/fail is randomized or fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So with the game now being out in the games press, does that mean the beta for backers is coming soon as well?

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Don't summon the skeletons if you have a Chanter, they make it so you can't enter/exit any screens from the one you're on -- gives the 'gather your party before venturing forth' message, since the skeletons are technically summoned as party members (complete with blank white square portraits.)

Unless you can maneuver them close enough to interact with stuff, like I did trying to rest to get rid of them (which didn't work, are the summons permanent I wonder?)

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Did DoT damage get a pass? I remember people getting weirded out at stuff like Deep Wounds or that one wizard spell that's an aoe DoT, or Soul Ignite, that Cypher thing. I think Soul Ignite got nerfed previously or something?

Really it was just the DoT damage being kind of crazy high overall.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
It's just a threshold thing, when you're in combat every X damage you take turns into 1 wound, and the wounds go away when you leave combat, since you regen all the damage you took. If you, say, get healed back to full and keep taking damage, that all still gets accounted for, since it's just an equation, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I agree; seems like the systems, animations, UI, all of the 'stuff' is finally coming together into what looks like a playable and, more importantly, sellable, game.

Monk kicks a lot of rear end if you pump might, you just atatatata your way to victory.

Do we know what classes won't have companions to fill the slot in the final game? Would be nice to figure out what my dude is gonna be, finally.

• Locked thread