Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So just computer intensive PoE will be? By the looks of the gorgeous videos and pics I imagine it won't run in my old lovely laptop :v:

I pray there are lots of "TURN OFF EVERYTHING PRETTY" options in the configurations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how will Talents work in PoE again? So far I understand there are going to be ones specific to each class and then some general ones available to everyone? Do they affect the kind of weapons available in the game? Like say I create a Ranger and want to specialize or at least get more benefit out of Firearms since they're primarily ranged?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

On the other hand, the WoW Hunter owns and is very fun to play

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can ranger pets in PoE be ranged or are they melee only?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Do companions in this game leave the group if the player doesn't act like they want?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Speaking of the story... what is the trigger of it? What brings my PC to this land of adventure? Is there only one or can I choose from diverse origins?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah holy poo poo that annoyed me to no end in Baldurs Gate 2

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

The gently caress did PoE do?

I think its because of the effort by the developers for the game to not be sexist/to be actually interesting and break conventions and poo poo. Naturally shitheads in 4chan would take offense to that, they like masturbation fantasies like the Mass Effects so they can talk about their waifus or whatever.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Party stats are now up and I realize I have to tune the arquebuses down. The cipher with Soul Whip + arquebus = deathlord by a huge margin.

Well yeah they're guns :colbert:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah but most of the time in RPGs the way of getting more XP is by killing everything in sight. I think in PoE you'll get reward as much XP for finding a peaceful solution as going full murder-hobo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah I don't get that NOBLE SACRIFICE with the reactor. The Lone Wanderer can do much more good to the wasteland alive while killing bandits/mutants being the badass he/she is.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Penetration isn't connected to Perception anymore. Perception now affects Interrupt (also based on the type of attack), which is compared to the target's Concentration, which is derived from Resolve. Slower attacks tend to have higher base Interrupt. Faster attacks and AoEs tend to have lower base Interrupt. There are exceptions. Firearms have relatively low base Interrupt (and high damage). Thrust of Tattered Veils has a high base Interrupt (but does very little damage).

Will your game have a Dumb Babby mode

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What kind of weapon do Paladins use in this game? Are they shield and sword or can I go two-handed something ala Retribution from WoW

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They already got your money, they don't need to show you poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lord Lambeth posted:

Someone did a Let's Play with blasters only, I swear.

Jedi Jesus one? Think that one is in the lparchive.org

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is resetting your stats allocation something that's gonna be in this game, cuz I know I'll probably gently caress up at some point

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sensuki posted:

It's being designed so you can't gently caress them up.

I find that hard to believe

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I hope there is a babby mode where I can load my party members with guns and kill everything in the world

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wezlar posted:

They could impliment a button that auto killed all your enemies so you never actually had to play the combat and I would be fine with it because it would have absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever

There are going to be cheats for PoE right. At least a gold one. I like buying stuffff

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Ciphers are pretty good with ranged weapons. The pistol + shield thing is actually a bug. All guns are supposed to be two-handed.

That's legit disappointing

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm already picturing me not having the patience of SLOWLY SEARCHING the traps in every loving room and just speeding through without care. I'll be playing in Babby/Easy mode so hopefully that doesn't kill me a lot

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The delay will be worth it to polish stuff, so it doesn't end up like New Vegas at launch aka a buggy piece of poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I gave up on Divinity: Original Sin in the first dungeon because my greatsword broke after destroying some vases around the area :saddowns:

also too much loading times

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is this a game where I'm gonna have to constantly switch weapons to fight monsters? Is there going to be a "monster manual" in-game with their weaknesses or am I going to have to check out the wikias instead

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait so I'm reading the Skills in the gamepedia and there's only 5 skills? Was it always this low amount or did that change in development?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So if I chose to play as Fighter will I be forced to go with sword-and-shield or what

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The more I read the gamepedia on this the more I want it, please release it soon!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Are the Damage Types in the gamepedia updated? Is there special effects for each elemental? Like Corrode from that Bleak Walker one is more effective against opponents with heavy armor/chance of equipment being destroyed?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can I kill all the wizards in this game?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Yeah, you just click a button to switch to another set. Most characters have two, but one of the aumaua subraces gets an additional set and there's a Talent, so you could have up to four.

Ah so they changed the racial bonuses a bit eh? On the pedia it's like this:

"Aumaua are known for their "great strength" and gain a +2 bonus to Might.

Coastal Aumaua - Towering Physique: Coastal Aumaua gain bonuses to defend against Prone and Stun effects.
Island Aumaua - Long Stride: Island Aumaua move 5% faster in combat."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Impressive, didn't imagine the game would look so smooth, and voiced companions are welcome too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jackard posted:

Those are ligatures, a fancy font thing you can disable in the options.

Oh cool I was about to ask about those too, because they look like poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How mean can you be to your own companions? Because I hope I can make fun of that priest's crazy eyes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait no Monk companion? What happen to that kickass old dude we saw in the art before?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I never got too much far in NWN2, I think I got bored at Orc Mountains or whatever :saddowns: I'm pretty sure I also did a terrible PC because I didn't known nothing about DnD 3.5

Hopefully that'll never happen in PoE!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How viable would be a party full of Fighters or/and Paladins?

I never had much patience for fiddling with spellcasters :effort:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

evilmiera posted:

Very viable. I'd stick a cleric in there just for keeping everyone somewhat tapped up, but you'd be fine with a bunch of paladins with different buffs on them and a few fighters to hold the line with them.

You're right a Priest sounds good since looking at their spells they're mostly about buffing the rest of the group. Honestly I'm mostly worried about getting indecisive when picking Wizard/Druid spells.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a finite number of resources for these enchantments/crafting? Like do enemies respawn in the wilderness areas/dungeons?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

quote:

The "Dungeons and Dragons" phenomenon has encouraged young people to study other cultures. It is a game in which people work together to accomplish a meaningful goal. Characters even define themselves in terms of their good morals and their ethics. On one level, it simulates the spiritual warfare described in the Christian scriptures and in the Arthurian legends on which the game is based. I am proud that I was able to make a contribution.

:lol: Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fungah! posted:

Wasn't that the guy who refused to code in evil paladins because they went against his personal beliefs or something?

Aren't they just called Blackguards anyway?

• Locked thread