Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dav
Nov 6, 2009

bathroom sounds posted:

Maybe it's handled via AI scripts but I know in BG & BG2 the AI had a bad habit of moving to and attacking hostiles even if you tried to move them away from combat.

Yeah, I tended to play with the AI off during interesting fights for that reason. Fortunately there was a convenient button to toggle the AI right there on the main interface, so it wasn't terribly inconvenient or anything.

Edit: Oh, and clerics would stop turning undead to attack things. That was annoying too. But again, toggle-able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

User0015 posted:

Drifter posted:

I personally miss the budding romance subtext between that Hacker and SHODAN. :sigh:
That is a romance I could get behind, honestly. Something twisted and black, devoid of any real love, and instead full of jealousy and control. A Requiem for a Dream style of romance, where the romance obliterates both partners lives and livelihood, their relationship eventually disintegrating as they both hit rock bottom.

So I'm not the only one disappointed that System Shock 2 didn't end with a murder-suicide on a dying ship while the other couple got away safely in an escape pod?

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Bamf posted:

I've done some due diligence trying to find this answer before I post, but haven't been lucky - has Obsidian said anything about how experience will work for companions not currently in your party? Will they be left behind if you don't swap characters in and out?

Iirc they get a reduced amount but you can help them by giving them things to do when not in your party via the stronghold.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Heroine's Quest is probably the better of the two, as far as I've heard. Still haven't finished it though, due to OCD about missing points.

Heroine's quest is an amazing tribute to the QFG games; highly recommended if you like them.

Haven't heard good things about Quest for Infamy, but haven't tried it myself.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Alacron posted:

You've really got to wonder what exactly Avellone wrote that made the rest of the guys at Obsidian go "Okay Chris, write whatever you want. Nothing's off the tabl-:stare:"

I can't help but notice that the article switches out of quotation marks for the "too far" bit. My default assumption would be that this is just a dramatic paraphrase from the interviewer. I mean, "won’t appear in the game as originally intended" is likely to be true of pretty much everything everybody does when working on a game to one degree or another.

But hey, who knows?

• Locked thread