Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

AXE COP posted:

g_swordrealisticcombat 1 please

Man, it'll never come back and I'm so bummed. We won't even get 1313.

There's only so many times a guy can play through Jedi Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Really part of what made the game fun was figuring out what buttered up / pissed off specific NPCs and acting according to your whims thereafter.

It's arguably the whole point of Alpha Protocol: Thornton is a master manipulator.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Selane posted:

The life of a monk. Always getting to the fight ten minutes before everyone else and getting gang-raped because of it.

It's not because they got there first.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's kind of the point though. You didn't feel like it was a loss even though it strictly is. The Nameless One is damned for all eternity.

It's Planescape. If you think an Epic level character like him ever has to just take stuff like that, well, there are ways out of the Blood War.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Goddammit I have a budget stop showing me footage

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Look at Codespells for your Ars Magica/freeform magic stuff.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

"Unnecessary" would be better, but I agree with him. Epic fantasy doesn't lend itself to ammo-counting like post-apocalypse does.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

As long as a Perception build can make me say "my build is great because look at all these crits" and a Might build can make me say "my build is great because look at all this damage", then the system seems fine.

How does Perception work with friendly targeting? If Might increases healing, does Perception do anything?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

FRINGE posted:

Wait shes not in it?

No longer a companion, still an NPC.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Traxis posted:

How does Envenomed Strike work? The description seems kind of vague:

Does it have fixed damage or does it scale with my characters damage? What, exactly, is 'Raw' damage? I tried it in game and on an attack that did 4.3 damage (after 10 DR) Envenomed Strike did 43.9 damage over 11 seconds. How does poison damage scale with Int duration bonus? If I had base Int would it do the same damage but over 9 seconds? Or would it do ~35 over 9?

This is the sort of thing that the game needs to enumerate very thoroughly, or it will frustrate a lot of players.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Furism posted:

Why the gently caress would you do this as a developer? Just so people end up discovering it? This is a genuine question. I literally don't understand why somebody would code that logic into a game.

When a game consists of a series of pretty hallways, you need to stretch it any way you can.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

If they'd just said "we are requiring everyone to use Bnet because piracy" then they would have been keelhauled less. It still would have been loving stupid, just less shameful.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Fuligin posted:

I love that Dagoth Ur calls you out for being a stupid dick if you declare that you are to him.

But you are though. You can wear the ring, you fulfilled the prophecies. By a literally magically objective measure and the word of Azura, you are Nerevar Reborn. You just also happen to be some orphan convict with a talent for flexible problem solving and a specific birthday.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The titular Scrolls are specifically objective, and shift to reflect the possible future. Once they have become fixed by the prophecy occurring they are an indestructible and unimpeachable record of historical Truth, which is why they can be used to break certain divine curses (like in Oblivion.) Many fall, but one remains: you are Nerevar reborn, but you were not always.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

First person view is great for about 5 minutes before you just want to zoom out.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Hulk Smash! posted:

Kinda, maybe..?

Chanter feels the best so far so I'll likely go with that. Finally, a non-suck option for the bard-like class!

Yeah, custom parties can be fun.

See if you can spot the influence.

How could you post this and not do a Fell's Five party.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Do The Evolution posted:

Good, gently caress magic. The 1% of magic-users keep the 99% of us fighters down, keep fighting for us Rope Kid. I just want to swing a sword and not be instantly immolated.

Nonsense, no one needs a fancy dire ivy league wizard college education to be successful! You just need to pull yourself up by your scroll-straps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I don't even know what kind of computer game you could make from Ars Magica that would do it justice. So much of it is using your magic in new ways to do new things, all of which have to be worked out by the group. Then there's the political angle.

• Locked thread