Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Guild Wars 2's gameplay was universally praised as a high mark of MMO design,

When did this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

gently caress Star Wars.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

rope kid posted:

Yeah I'm almost entirely ripping off/recombining various languages for our conlangs. Vailian is based on Italian, Occitan, French, and a li'l Catalan. Glanfathan is based on Cornish and Welsh with a li'l Irish. Eld Aedyran is based on Old English and a li'l Icelandic.

Will there be any audible chanting during spellcasting as in BG? :)

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Yeah throwing my hat in for interesting newgame++ stuff aside from enemy HP bloat.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

They've said they'll do something like the Icewind Dale New Game+ and that wasn't just bigger numbers but also new unique cooler items you couldn't get on the lesser difficulty.

Is that going to separate from Path of the Damned? Because I was looking forward to hating myself when I play PoD/Ironman/Expert first playthrough :spergin:

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Furism posted:

I don't know how RK deals with all these people. I don't think we are half as bad here.

Obsidian's forum is pretty tough to read. Between Lephys derailing every POE thread with massive wall of texts and Stun constantly trolling with the 'BG2 = perfection' gimmick its no wonder rope kid posts more information over here.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Drifter posted:

Thematically they're pretty similar.

Yeah, they're both wrong.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

The best part is all the :qq: that this will inevitably cause. And it will be glorious.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

So can we expect to fight like four of those steroid wolfs when we turn path of the damned on in our first beta run? :yaycloud:

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

That twitch announcer :fuckoff: Though was pretty funny when he was still clowning Adam 10 minutes into the Runemaster display.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Priest's weapons keep vanishing for some reason. Worked out great on Path of the Dammned/Ironmans :v:

But if that happens to you there is a decent staff 2nd floor tavern

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

mitochondritom posted:

Does anyone else avoid the Pillars of Eternity forum like the plague?

Imagine a forum that consisted of nothing but Bioware Social Larpers, Codexers and Goons brave enough to not-lurk.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

mitochondritom posted:

Agreed, it seems like a lot of the discussion on the forum is mainly by a few really diehard characters who have a very particular mindset about how their vision of the game should be. Consequently they have to assert this opinion aggressively. Personally, I kickstarted the game for what I consider a tiny sum, and I am quite happy to just see what it is like on release. Really I don't feel too "invested" so perhaps I just can't really understand the people who do.

:smuggo: Tim Cain who? Let me tell you how to design cRPG systems the RIGHT way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

:flashfap:

Game looks loving gorgeous (when there is no grass on the screen).

• Locked thread