Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Alasyre posted:

Which I've done in games, and performed well enough to survie the fight, but not fight spectacularly. But what I mean is actually switching over to the mace mid-game and being really proficient with it. Granted, high intelligence would make that process a bit easier, but you should face some sort of penalty. I understand that this is not rope kid's vision, however.

I remember reading that instead of there being Sword Proficiency or Mace Proficiency or what ever, it's One handed Proficiency and Two handed Proficiency. Because it's honestly kinda dumb that the skills you learned from wielding a warhammer don't transfer over to when you have a mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Space Pussy posted:

gently caress Star Wars.

Looks like the people complaining about INT=Damage got their wish.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Drifter posted:

The mentioned this a long while back and I forget the answer, but the extra combat rules and models and animations would probably make them far too expensive to implement.

PLus, aside from another animation, what'd be the point?

Horse Charge. :black101:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Drifter posted:

Like Barbarian Dash?

Yes, but with war horses! :v:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Actually, I remember I could talk the super mutant into doing the final deed for me and he would do it, but he'd be like "what, you don't want to do it? I don't get why. :saddowns:"

And then the end bitches at you for not doing what needed to be done by you and basically calls you a chicken. Nothing upsets me quite as much as Ron Perlman calling me a chicken for not wanting to kill myself.

That was added in in the Broken Steel expansion I think. Before they would just say "It's your destiny to die from radiation!" :downs:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Sorry to continue this derail discussion but I can't really let this pass without comment - 'In evidence of fiction not having racist subtexts I cite noted non-racist author H.P. Lovecraft' :doh:

Wasn't H.P Lovecraft the guy that turned another guy less racist by being such a racist poo poo heel?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Eddain posted:

So you'd have to be a spellcaster (or whatever class has a Lore bonus) in order to pass that very first Lore dialogue check?

I think fighter gets a lore bonus.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yea guys, what do you mean you don't like having to move your mage around in circles after getting their first spell out because for some reason your fighter decides to let that big bulky dude in armor walk right past his face. what are you, casuals?

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 25, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

jans great once you realize all his stupid stories are just him ragging on your party members.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Can't rightly remember, but there aren't crafted weapons in this game right? It's all generated hand-placed special stuff right?

arn't there crafted weapons akin to the flail of ages? just not nwn2-like crafting where you can make a cold steel longsword or what ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the gold you get binds your word to them.

• Locked thread