Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Then I guess Chanters are just hobos with sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

rope kid posted:

We're trying to avoid going nuts with special ammo types but we haven't designed them yet.

The first DLC: Glanfathan Gun Runner's Arsenal.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Are town/city maps going to be filled in / have labels by default? I think I remember Planescape doing this, but I don't know if I'm remembering right.

I'm asking because I tried playing Fallout 2 recently (not IE, but similar) and it didn't have markers or prefilled city maps, and you pretty much have to interact with every inch of every town/city before you can have a general idea of where to go for things.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

It either resets your tries or eliminates an incorrect option. More often it does the latter.

This is really neat and I'm sad I never noticed it.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Do any weapons deviate from the normal 4:1 ratio of stamina damage to health damage?

Pretty sure weapons only damage stamina, and health just goes down as a result of stamina loss.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Munin posted:

No, they are going to have a laserlike focus on the future of gaming: free to play, match three, mobile games.

What else did you think the Endless Paths was going to be?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Raygereio posted:

The RPS guy is banging the old "OMG Obsidian games are the buggiest games evar!1!"-drum.

I went back to look, and the RPS review of New Vegas is kinda surreal. Apparently it was worse than Fallout 3 because they didn't fill the wasteland with Interesting Stuff, like inexplicably-50's cannibal family and the Republic of Dave.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

To be fair, with Mass Effect you could avoid the choice bug by holding the control stick to the left, so at worst you select an info dump...until ME3 where that could deny you a certain outcome to the final confrontation with Martin Sheen.

Heads up, if you don't ask about the walls when you first enter Defiance Bay, you're locked out of speech checks on the final boss.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Is there a list of all the character creation/intro previews from a week ago? I vaguely remember seeing that Godlike couldn't have Slave as a background, but I've checked two of the previews so far and think I might have imagined it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

How much are Chanters' phrases supposed to overlap? I don't have the beta, but it looks like you can have two active at once?

Also, because I'm terrible, I'm going through videos trying to guesstimate what the highest non-novelty Attribute checks will be. Seems like it's about 16 for "pretty remarkable" things, has anybody found one that's higher?

• Locked thread