Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
I'll be happy with anything that doesn't carry over the Infinity engine inventory system. Just loaded up Icewind Dale 2 for a quick fix and I forgot how tedious it was to manage your gear.

Everything else I've seen so far on PoE looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Will I have to gather my party before venturing forth?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Krowley posted:

I like that pulp fantasy book cover style.

Needs more armor spikes and anime battleposes for optimal 2014 PR campaigning though. Someone grinning in an overbearingly smug way is a plus too.

Agreed. Maybe "Dis is da new poo poo, yo"

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Since we've recently had a few pages of Wasteland 2 chat, I was wondering if there was a consensus on which would be the better buy: Wasteland 2 or Divinity Original Sin. I've got a little spare cash this month and I was hoping to pick up something fun.

?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Excellent, thanks for the replies. Leaning towards Wasteland 2 due to the setting and the fact that old-school mechanics really don't bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd say Div:OS does combat and gameplay a whole lot better, but the story is basically standard Larian fare; it doesn't take anything really seriously and just has fun with everything. Wasteland 2 is more serious, but the gameplay wasn't very well thought out.

Yeah, the Larian stuff has always been on the "cute" side of things. I'm trying to remember if I've ever actually finished one of their games. I usually drop it about 1/2 to 3/4 in. Guess that settles it.

• Locked thread