Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Hell yes, the new name is great. Now to go back into the sleeper tube until release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

I hope to never see an Obsidian game based on another company's IP ever again. Such a waste of talent.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Airfoil posted:

Nah. Even if they launch more crowd-funded projects, rejecting contract work would be a silly business decision. And there's plenty of room to shine with outside IP.

No I get it, what I'm saying is they get to that point where their own internally created IP's can carry their business for them.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

I feel awful for asking this but are there going to be romances and banter in PoE? This has probably been asked before. It's not like I get my jollies on game romances but I did like telling Aerie to eat rocks in BG2 and Viconia making fun of her getting her wings chopped off.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Sensuki posted:

Unconfirmed as of yet, perhaps rope kid will chime in about it later. They did say something about not necessarily wanting to explore romances, but different types of 'relationships' (like Friendship, Social?, Racial? stuff like that)

I think as long as some kind of banter is involved it'll be worth it, because having static no-personality NPC's is boring. BG2 had tons of personality in that regard. I just want to be an rear end in a top hat to everyone and evil NPC's backing my evil rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Male Man posted:

A videogame romance tends to be a thing where you carry a printer five miles for a girl and then she has sex with you. They're kinda weird.

She didn't have sex with him though.

• Locked thread