Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I can't say I ever worried about Accel, but I do always make sure that flying units are in the same squad and that my units all have the same move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Meh. I really can't get excited about Xabungle's units. I didn't watch the show, they aren't that important to the plot (their own show being over by the time the game starts), they aren't that flashy once you get past some of the sillier animations, and they get really loving difficult to use in the late game - especially as you spend more time in space or fighting big, tough, flying bosses: both situations reduce Walker Machines to hot garbage.

I can see it against flying enemies since there are better dudes to use A-adapters on but you should have at least been able to toss a Thruster (or whatever the space part is called) on them for space maps.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I wonder how many people aren't contributing to the new page right now because they don't think they can top Brunom's post...

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

thetruegentleman posted:

I don't want to go too far arguing the point, but I've never watched Orguss, so I just want to know this: is Kei supposed to be an extremely dedicated soldier for being willing to sacrifice himself using a WMD like that, or is there actually a really good reason to blow the elevator (that he would actually know about, as opposed to a spoiler)? Alternatively, is he just rage-crazy like Shinn? I don't really remember Macross outside of parts of the first series and Frontier, so I'd like to know (assuming Kei's plot is going to matter at all.)

Except the Minmay Defence. I DEFINITELY remember that...

That's the second time you've brought up Macross... you know aside from similar design the two shows have nothing to do with each other plot-wise, right? Orguss is its own beast.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

thetruegentleman posted:

Thank you, I actually didn't. the whole "Super Dimension" naming scheme confuses me to no end; all the more so since it was technically Robotech I was watching, not Macross.

In my defense though, a jet with legs that shoots missiles should be a lot more distinct than it apparently is.

Southern Cross isn't actually related to Macross either for that matter, Robotech just crammed them together.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Wounded Land posted:

The three "Super Dimension" series are related inasmuch as they were all done by Studio Nue and shared much of their staff between them. And also all feature transforming mecha, of course.

Well, of course. I just meant that none of them take place in the same universe, have any of the same characters, or are related plot-wise.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

vibratingsheep posted:

Every weapon being ground S is really hawt. It feels really sad trying to attack air targets with the big guy, though :(

You kiddin'? It's been a while since I've played so I'm not sure if the air to air attack animations are as good as I think, but the ground to air ones were metal as hell for sure.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Contagio in Second Original Generations

Is he the guy who's always screaming at me to 'die suffering' when he uses his MAP attack, or am I thinking of someone else? Because that scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it, that guy doesn't mess around.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Speaking of mistakes, this one's really minor but you refer to Chobham Armor a couple of times as 'Cobham'. It's a real thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobham_armor

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Seems like they've fixed it now, anyway.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

(It's not all hand-work, though; they've roped Tetsuya into using the Great Typhoon to finish off the drying process. He didn't like it, but he'll do it.)

Hahaha, what. Doesn't the Great Typhoon release acid? Or maybe that's only the Rust Hurricane, or am I just pulling that completely out of my rear end?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Wounded Land posted:

You labeled Meer as Meeya towards the end, so it looks like Meeya's introducing herself.

And Z is the first SRW in which the Re-GZ is actually worth using, since it actually has post-move attacks that you don't need to throw the BWS away for.

It was really good in Impact.

No, I don't care that I'm the only one that likes that game.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

Yeah, I've always felt like, I dunno, making some little cutscene-ish moments into little one-time animations using the battle engine thingy would go a long way to have those moments better realized. Like say, Lelouch's neato trap thingies in Code Geass that are done in Z2 by 'and then all the enemies explode', it would've been nicer if it was just a little thing where there's a swarm of them and then a bridge collapses under them and they all take Cutscene Full Damage.

But then there's a lot of aspects of SRW that I feel really ought to have changed like five years ago but it's a series very much entrenched in tradition so I doubt those things will ever change. It's a similar problem I have with Pokemon, come to think of it.

They do a lot of neat stuff with unique on-map animations in Z. That's one of the biggest reasons why I hate that flat, heads-only map they've been using since Z2, because there's no room for that kind of stuff.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Chiming in that I also never used Seventh Swell, or much of any SRW MAP weapons. Don't most MAP weapons give you less money/XP than killing each enemy individually? I don't think I've ever been in that much danger or rush to finish the level in any SRW game.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I like the idea of someone else getting the Nu (when I played Impact I put Seabook in it) but I have no idea what you mean by it not being suited for Amuro's Attack Again. It's got a lot of weapons with long range, so it's perfect for double-sniping from outside enemies' range.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Oh, right, I forgot that was a thing. I've been playing Z2 recently, which of course doesn't have ALL attacks and the Nu is perfectly suited for Amuro in that game.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Yeah, it's always kind of bothered me when people rag on Reccoa because it was so obvious that Scirocco put some kind of newtype mind whammy on her. I've always seen her as more of a tragic character.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Onmi posted:

Well, Reccoa is a Newtype, and they don't really get a choice who they resonate with. See also: Haman and Judau. Neither of them chose to be attracted to one another, but literally their brains mingle really well. The best example of this is Amuro and Lalah, he'd never even met her before, beyond seeing her once. Stupid Newtype powers made him form an attachment to someone he'd never even spoken to.

I don't really buy this, sorry. Scirocco didn't really seem to be interested in Reccoa for any reason other than using her, you'd think he'd be a bit more protective if he'd actually resonated with her.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I must have either missed or forgotten something because I have no idea what the Limit of Questions is.

Also, I'm confused about what this:

Brunom1 posted:

: Haha, I suppose so… Regardless, this is where we part.
: I wish you well, Asakim Dowin.
: You, too. May the primordial light illuminate both our paths…

is supposed to convey. Is there only one Charisma and he's just talking to someone else/the player? Or did Asakim put on another Charisma mask? If that's the case, you might want to have that last portrait facing the other way, to show it's a different Charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I'll go with Gundam ZZ too. Awful characters, but nothing's stopping you from putting someone better in the ZZ/Qubeleys.

• Locked thread