Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

SpaceDrake posted:

Though the narrative complaints really only apply to the originals; Z has such a fantastic collection of series that it's hard not to enjoy it at least a little. Gainer is such a goddamn Goon, and it's the best thing. :allears: And it's worth pointing out since we're getting into the Seed Destiny stuff already: SRW Z is absolutely famous for fixing a huge number of the problems the original version of Seed Destiny had, and Kenichi Suzumura, the voice of our man Shinn, has said on record that he hugely prefers the version of Shinn in this game compared to the actual, broadcast Seed Destiny. You guys really should strap in, because even if you think you know SD, this poo poo's gonna get cray before we're done.

Considering what canon show Shinn turned out to be, I can hardly blame him for preferring the SRWZ version of Shinn, where his character arc doesn't slam into a brickwall and he becomes Durandal's Angry, Idiot Berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Onmi posted:

Also gently caress the Alliance. Seriously the earthlings of SEED are so loving comically evil... as are the spacemen. Really everyone from that universe is just a loving rear end in a top hat.

No joke man. The Alliance is definitely Stupid Evil, which is kind of hilarious because the message that SEED is /trying/ to tell is one about racial tolerance and not being a bigot, etc etc. All of which is undermined by the fact that one of the factions is so One Note as to make everyone who watches the series actively hate it's guts.

As I always ask my friends, name me five people in the Earth Alliance in the show who are A) good people and B) don't jump ship to Orb at some point. Seriously, you can't without digging deep into the side stories and manga, and even then it's hard to find people who are part of the EA who aren't irredeemable monsters.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Basically what I'm saying is that Gundam villains series-wide are total shits. The Zabis murdered several billion (with a B) people and were only stopped because a few of them were slightly less shitheady. Which of course made them murder each other in response. It almost makes the Titans look sympathetic.

A friend of mine explained it best when it comes to Gundam factions/villains, and it goes something like this:

Gundam is World War II, only /everybody/ is Imperial Japan.

• Locked thread