Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, I've been waiting for this. Z is my favourite SRW (and of many others, it seems!), despite not understanding a word of Japanese. The battle system alone made me love it, I did not need the story. But understanding the story will only make me like this masterpiece of mecha fighting even more, I'm sure.

Rand and Setsuko are awesome, having Garrod from day one in Rand's route is just as awesome (kid's on my top three of Gundam protagonists), the Gunleon is...well, it's GaoGaiGar, repair (sort of?) robot version. What more can one say? And the Virgola are nice, they just don't really compare to motherfucking Gunleon.

There's lots of things I want to say but I know I shouldn't yet, so I will just say I'll be looking forward to how this continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

There just aren't any videos for the first update because I have more technical issues to run though.
I hope you're able to fix your technical issues, because it'd just be a shame if some attacks that only appear on Setsuko's route weren't shown in their full glory (plus having to wait until several series appear on Rand's route to see their attacks). Z is just wonderful animations-wise, you can see they put real effort into it. It's beautiful, and one of the things the Z series as a whole shines at.

Now I should probably shut up because I love this game a bit too much and I'll keep gushing now about how wonderful it is in all ways, something that is better kept for succesive updates. And all of this without even knowing the story!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

Gainer has the best theme and I will brook no argument otherwise.
I dunno, I find the normal Overman Gainer theme (Can you feel my soul) better than Gainer's own. Opinions, though! This game's full of great songs either way, though some of my favourites don't appear until Z2 (along some of my favourite series...while losing the wonderful tri-attack system, sigh).

Also I can believe Adette is meant to be weird by just looking at her hair. I mean, apart from her and Bello, Overman Gainer characters seem to have pretty normal hair, but what the hell is that meant to be?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

vibratingsheep posted:

I stopped playing this game because I didn't know that you can change individual robots' music. Hearing GUN GUN LEON GUN LEON GUN GUN LEON GUN LEON incessantly for 3 hours = rage quit.
How did GUNLEON annoy you?! That's such an epic song!

Note: I played very little of Rand's route, so I have no idea how irritating it could possibly get.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sunburnedcrow posted:

In general, I think the whole of Zeta's cast has a thing or two to teach to their Destiny counterparts.

Fake Edit: I just realised Turn-A is in this game too. Someone please tell me that the Quattro and Harry Ord interactions are awesome.

You can and should make a golden squad (Hyakushiki/Gold SUMO/Akatsuki, with Quattro/Harry/Mu) whenever possible, else you're playing this wrong. Simple fact of life.

vibratingsheep posted:

Sing it, brother.

I have an extra bit of :goonsay: coming, as I am not a fan of the Spreadsheets Upon Spreadsheets that the large squad SRWs encourage you to pore over, and also because when Renton comes back with the Seven Swell, he makes half of your team irrelevant anyway with how completely map-endingly bonkers it is on its own.

I don't get the first part of this comment at all, care to explain? I've gone through Setsuko's route using nothing other than translations for stuff because I can't read Japanese, so I don't get why you'd use a spreadsheet at all. The second part is absolutely true though, but this game is easy enough to never really NEED the Seven Swell apart from getting Skill Points.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

Some people go crazy spergy over Squads even though there's really only two things you need to really worry about.
Two? The only thing I worried about was having Accel/Boost on every squad. I'm not too sure what your second is!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

On the other hand, while the Xabungle units aren't good enough to lead squads, they're really good as squadmates. Jiron having Boost basically makes him top-tier squaddie material already, add to that the Walker Gallia which isn't that bad of a machine and can substitute the squad leader if it gets too hurt/destroyed/runs out of EN, and even more, add that it has TWO pilots, both of which can learn SP Up, so they can serve as really good sub-pilots for the squad leader.

I don't quite remember about Xabungle, but I believe it can have two pilots as well, which already makes it good squad material, and Rag comes with Accel. And again, both can get SP Up.

Their main weakness is the lack of flight, and that can be fixed with parts.

Sadly the Iron Gear is totally useless, but it's not like this game needed more ships anyways.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Guarstine posted:

I found the Iron Gear to be rather useful, but then again I wanted to make it useful. It's map weapon is super useful though.

Sadly, it's Super Robot Wars Z, so the only MAP weapons you'll ever use or need are the DX's Twin Satellite Cannon and, especially, Nirvash's game-breaking Seven Swell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

I was going to say that we could cut him some slack since he's from the UC universe but then I remembered from the intro that Mazinger and Getter are present and well known...

I reckon dimensional shenanigans aren't too far off when you're dealing with magic energy sources all around.

To be fair, even in that kind of universe, dimensional jumping just isn't normal. They would know about extreme power sources, robots from the far past, mecha-dinosaurs, aliens and a few other cool things, sure, since Mazinger and Getter exist in the same universe as UC Gundam here (not gonna question it), but alternate dimensions aren't exactly a part of any of the series that compose Setsuko's universe. It's fair for Denzel to wonder if that's even possible, I'd say.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

So Z3 just got announced. Or rather Z3-1 HELL CHAPTER. This is going to be the 2-part conclusion to the Z series, and it's being released on PS3/Vita.

poo poo, I have neither console. I'll have to shell out cash for a console to continue my SRW addiction, won't I...?

Is there a trailer? I searched on Youtube but found nothing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wounded Land posted:

Sweet, Robotmas came early! ...And of course loving Endless Waltz is there. Why couldn't we have gotten G-Unit instead?

It was a given that Endless Waltz would get in, as would A Wakening of the Trailblazer. I wonder if they'll explain why the Wing units changed into their Katoki designs...

Also I was going to say "oh well, I do want to continue with Z but I don't have any of those consoles and it's not enough to make me buy them".

Then they just had to show Aquarion Evol and Chouginga Gurren Lagann. gently caress. Anyone willing to lend a bit of money to a third-world Super Robot Wars fan?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Generally a good rule to SRW is "don't worry if you don't like the series" because very rarely does SRW cling to the really stupid or unlikable poo poo in a series. There are a lot of shows I flat-out dislike which SRW handles well (or well enough) that I don't mind using their characters because they're much better in-game. SEED and Destiny are top of the list for shows that SRW has improved heavily upon.

And this is why I had slight disappointment in the Z3 trailer. No Eureka Seven AO, I was really looking forward to see Banpresto fixing that awful trainwreck and make it a proper sequel to a series as great as Eureka Seven. On the other hand, we have Aquarion Evol which I also really wanted to see, so it balances out!

Balances out to wrecking my poor wallet because I now desperately need a PS3, that is.

Also, apart from some relatively slow stages, most stages are just a blast to play, especially later on when everything's full of enemy units to blast (even more so in Z of all games!), so the amount of stages shouldn't intimidate anyone, it really does not overstay its welcome at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

And of course I miss the 70% odds...

It's not like it would've mattered, the SEED Destiny Gundams have their Variable Phase Shift armour. Even if you had hit, the damage would've been zero.

Dr Pepper posted:

Jerid and Kamille's rivalry is predicated on Jerid being a jerk, and Kamille being a hot headed teenager in response. What follows is a series of petty slights mixed with killing each others loved ones.

And remember that all of this started because Jerid thought that the name "Kamille" would belong to a girl, and Kamille, in a moment of absolute maturity, went and punched him, a military man who had done nothing to him personally (ignoring how the Titans are dicks anyways).

And man, talking about bad things in Zeta, that song. That song is really drat bad. In my current playthrough I just changed the BGM of every Zeta character to IGNITED, because that means I don't put every Zeta animation off because I don't want to hear that song.

Even if IGNITED will always be synonym in my mind to something that happened in this very stage during my last playthrough. I managed to get a rather amazing amount of continuous low percentage attacks in, and only Neo was left and weakened. Last enemy phase, he attacks Shinn, 66% chance to hit (from Shinn).

He misses, and I lose the Skill Point. Oh RNG, you are one fickle individual.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom, I just want to tell you that your explanation of the TRI system actually taught me stuff I did not know (like that the leader's barrier could spread around the others, or that Support Defend only worked in a single formation), so I thank you. I love this game, yet I see I've still got stuff to learn!

Also I really like this update from a character perspective: the older guys show their maturity, including Rand who perfectly shows that being easy-going does not make him an idiot, while Gainer shows that he's got a ways to go. Yassaba is great too, and his moments with that fortune teller girl are really nice.

All of this just makes me watch Overman King Gainer. I should do so, it looks like a really good show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I was kind of scared when you didn't point out Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice first thing. That is basically the only reason to remember these guys, apart from how easy they are.

I wish I could care about Grendizer, but I just don't. I love Mazinger, and Great Mazinger's cool in my book, but Grendizer just...exists. I tried reading the manga, it was boring and inconclusive, and the only thing of Grendizer I end up caring about is that Kouji gets demoted from main character to support for a new guy, while wearing an incredibly bad suit.

Even in my playthroughs, Grendizer ends up as a squadmate entirely because of how little I care for it.

And oh Kappei, we'll see how much of a nice guy he is soon enough (and by that I mean how much of a little jerk, for anyone judging him already, you've seen nothing yet)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

Look at all you people, growing up with dubbed Mazinger, Grendizer and whatnot...didn't have any of that in '90s Brazil, ya know!

I had to make do with Gundam Wing and Megas XLR because, at the time, both local and cable channels were all about DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-yu Hakusho, Saint Seiya and the like (I did watch those religiously, though, so what can I say...) - I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE G GUNDAM ON MY TOONAMI! :argh:

It took the release of the GBA OG games to pique my interest in mecha.

It was no different in Argentina, my South American neighbour (in both the lack of mecha and the existance of all of those series, Saint Seiya keeps being a passion of mine to this day). I know Mazinger was shown here though, but during my brother's youth, I think the only mecha anime during my own childhood was Gundam Wing, which just did not attract me (I got into Gundam, and mecha anime in general, MUCH later...and even there I didn't care much about Wing).

As a matter of fact, it was Super Robot Wars that got me into mecha anime. I watched OG playthroughs on Youtube, and then I played the game myself and found it pretty fun, then learned it was usually a crossover of mecha anime series. A person I met on the internet made me watch GaoGaiGar...and the rest, as they say, is history.

Wounded Land posted:

According to the Japanese SRW Wiki, Z actually contains audio clips of Duke and several other Mazinger-series characters shouting Mazinkaiser's attack names.

Wow, that's actually really interesting. It's sad it won't ever happen now, since the old Mazinger series were replaced with Shin Mazinger (a positive change if you ask me, but I guess I'm weird for watching Shin and then reading the full Mazinger manga).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This LP made me play through SRWZ again, and...I've totally forgotten what Setsuko could use. I gave her Attack Again and E Save, and now I have her with ~2000 PP there, waiting to learn stuff. Can anyone help me out?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

Morale Limit Break is always good for an attacker, Morale+ Dodge, Predict, SP Up are also good filler skills for her or you can just pump her Skill stat up some to let her trigger Attack Again on everything.

Also, PSA: Famitsu has reported that Z1 will be available to download via the japanese PSN at February 19th for 1500 Yen (around 15 dollars), so anyone will get a chance to play it if they make a quick JP account.

Thank you! I went with Morale Limit Break and Predict for the last two slots, though I wonder if Morale+ (Dodge) wouldn't have been a better choice than Predict, to get full use out of Limit Break. Oh well, I can just go back and change it if I feel like it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This must be really darn confusing for anyone listening without paying much attention to who's talking.

Also Dr Pepper, you mention PLANET twice during this exchange, I'm guessing you meant PLANT.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caphi posted:

Wow, passing the buck.

It's probably me. PLANET is so much easier to type.

But PLANET can never be an acronym for Productive Location Ally on Nexus Technology or People Liberation Acting Nation of Technology!

...Why is everything in the SEED verse a bad Engrishy acronym?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZAKU is the best acronym because it's a double acronym, since it's shorthand for ZAFT Armed Keeper of Unity, and ZAFT itself is an acronym, thus giving us Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty Armed Keeper of Unity!

I will never understand why or how SEED does this. Somehow, the idea of having an entire department whose purpose is to think of acronyms feels completely possible.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, is it great to see the true Eureka Seven. The Nirvash is awesome and playing Z2 only reminds you of how good the Nirvash was. Holland is one of the best non-main pilots in the game, Matthew is pretty useful as a subpilot thanks to having both Accel and a subpilot in Che Guevara, and Hilda...isn't half bad either, I guess. I don't tend to use her by the endgame, unlike the rest.

While the models of the Eureka Seven units just creep me out, their animations are just beautiful. Lots of movement.

Also, you forgot Keiji Fujiwara's latest Eureka Seven role. Then again, God knows I would like to forget all of that happened.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

I did find it but I intentionally left it out to: 1) avoid spoilers of that anime, 2) ignore that anime's existence and 3) DINOBOT!

I guessed you hadn't put that entirely because of the second reason. This is something I'll never get, Eureka Seven is a beautiful series, how come every time they try to do something else with it, they fail horribly? I seriously wish they remembered why Eureka Seven was so good.

Also since I didn't say it before, Lunar Cocoon is my favourite Turn-A BGM, and if there's one song I'll always remember from that series, it's this one. I can't really explain why, but I love it, and every scene with it just felt right.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't watched Zambot 3 but what I'm getting from this is that literally everyone in that show is a giant dick. And I thought Zeta was bad!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aquarion is a good show because it has Gen Fudou, and Fudou is the best character. If you don't agree with this, I'm sorry, you're wrong. Actually I'm not sorry at all, you should be sorry for not recognising how Fudou is the best character.

Also Aquarion is the most broken unit in the Z series and I really hope Brunom, Dr Pepper or Caphi show just how broken it is. Apollo has the highest amount of kills by far in my Z2-2 playthrough. Aquarion is Z's answer to W's Valcazard.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Z2 brings Ace Bonuses back, and somehow manages to make Aquarion even more broken thanks to this. Immediate Elements System, plus a free stat boost to every non-Apollo pilot? Why, it's not even my birthday (unless I got the Ace Bonus on my birthday, I guess).

But yeah, the main reason why Aquarion is great against Cherubim (and Fallen Angels in general) is because of Apollo's Squad Leader bonus, a flat 40% damage boost against them. Plus Aquarion is just a really, really good unit and I can't stress this enough. It doesn't look like much now, but just wait, it only gets better and better.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

"Every universe is the same," responds Camille, quietly. "People pick stupid fights even when they're in real danger."

You'd know about that, huh, Kamille?

The biggest saving point of the UC and Turn-A Gundam dudes is their ability to switch to better suits, because holy poo poo do most minor characters get absolutely horrible ones. Still, I've used Apolly, Roberto and Emma from beginning to end and never doubted it was the right thing to do, because they're some of the very few Zeta characters I don't hate with a passion. And of course, Quattro, but Quattro is awesome and you're an idiot if you don't use him in a better unit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mugen Punch, yeeessss. We're getting to peak Aquarion here, and once you get there, there's no way back. Only lacking Hit & Away and a way to start with higher Will for very early Element System, and then there's nothing more to say. Nothing.

Aquarion learns other attacks (of course), and at the very least Mugen Cross and Solar Sword, and Mugen 3D Attack in Z but not in Z2 are pretty useful, but it's Mugen Punch that makes Aquarion a beast: able to snipe from basically everywhere in the map, with guaranteed supports from itself, and for ridiculously high damage. It's basically the reason why Luna is useless too, Solar is basically the best sniper in the game bar none. Luna ends up feeling redundant, when Solar makes the one thing its meant to, better. The best thing Luna does is giving you Silvia/Reika for massive Skill for the Element System.

It doesn't have a MAP because I guess that'd just make every single unit in the game completely redundant (apart from a refueler because Aquarion's one weakness is how much EN it uses).

And Z2 makes Aquarion BETTER. I can't wait to see how EVOL plays in Z3.

In other Aquarion-related news, I'll never understand why Moonsault Attack doesn't get the "new attack" triangle thingy the rest of the moves get, even in EVOL. Especially in EVOL, even. I always thought it was kind of neat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For anyone that hasn't watched Aquarion, it should be noted that what Brunom wrote is perfectly in-character, both for Fudou and for the series itself.

Also that was amazing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sadly, Kei's Ace Bonus in Z2 is not a boost against men, but rather a x1.2 boost when adjacent to a female unit (ally or enemy, this is Kei, do you think he'd honestly care?). Since it has no weakening part, we'll never know for sure if it counts Ashura as a man or what. Probably doesn't count him as a woman, but someone can test that out, right?

Also seriously, this update. The Glory Star are awesome.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GodofDiscord posted:

And a lot of things happened but all I know is that this guy:

will get punched in the face. I don't know how but we will accomplish this. Besides, he looks really silly, in my opinion.

I think "how will he get punched" is pretty obvious at this point.

(Brunom, might I request a video of this? Or does it show ~mysterious man~'s true face and is thus spoilery now?)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just a small thing, Brunom, you referred to one of the twins (I think the brown-haired one?) as both Riea and Lia. Not like they'll ever be ever remotely important again, apart from one of them learning Accel making her a bit better than the other one (but both are basically not good units even as squadmates).

AradoBalanga posted:

I love that even Edel thinks Djibril is plain crazy.

Thinks?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If Aquarion is the ultimate sword (err...fist, I guess), Big O is the ultimate shield. Roger's Negotiator ability means you don't have to pay for units shot down as long as he's on the field. This is far more broken than it sounds, simply because The Big O will never get shot down. Extreme defense, add Blocking for even more. Oh, and it's not just defense: It's an amazing attacker as well. Its flaws, as mentioned before, can be easily fixed, and the Squad System means he can get Accel/Boost to compensate for his low range (since The Big O is mostly a physical unit, though the Chrome Breaker and eye lasers give it ranged coverage as well).

This is also helped by Roger being basically the best. I mean seriously, he's anime Batman. You can't dislike Roger Smith.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

On the topic of VAs, Bin Shimada is always an anomaly to me. A good number (read: nearly all) of his credits are comedy/comedic villain roles (Foxy and Wapol from One Piece, for example). But then you get moments where he becomes a seriously threatening villain like Scirocco here or Contagio in Second Original Generations, and you can see that the guy has some very good range. On the other side of the Pacific, Jurgens' English voice actor is a very well known person: Michael McConnohie. Who also voices Big O's Schwartzwald, hilariously enough.

The best part of this is when he's doing both in the same series, like Digimon Xros Wars, where he's doing two comedic roles (Starmon and Jijimon), alongside a serious hero (Omegamon) and a serious villain (Tactimon). All four sound completely different from each other too, with Tactimon using more or less the exact same voice as Scirocco, guy's got one hell of a voice range.

Also, Brunom, a slight mistake in your update. You wrote that Artur recognised the Virgola 3. This would be impossible, that unit was destroyed by Asakim, Setsuko's piloting the Virgola 1 now. They point out that they expected Denzel in it, too, since it was his unit originally.

Also also,

Brunom1 posted:

Quattro tells Camille to have Astonage service her Virgola and, also, to use both data from the Hyaku Shiki and the Methuss to develop a customized unit.
It’s just as a precaution but both of them need to prepare for solo combat if necessary and Camille quickly asks if Quattro distrusts Durandal in some way.

“I may admire the Chairman’s skill...but a man with that tone of voice seems like he might have an ulterior motive…”, he says.

You'd know about that, huh, Quattro?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Super Robot Wars OE does that. It's... it's a lot less fun than you'd imagine.

"It's a lot less fun than you'd imagine" can go for pretty much everything in that game, though. OE is the definition of wasted potential.

Isn't there a SRW where you can beat up enemies and take their units? I seem to remember reading something about one, though I can't really say which. I know it wasn't any of the ones I played (the OG and Z series, W, OE), and it probably wasn't as good as Z (because what is, really?), but it sounds like an interesting mechanic.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr Pepper posted:

It's pretty amusing how everyone who's stuck allied with Butcher loathes every minute of it.

In a series where the heroes and bystanders are assholes, the villain can either be the nicest person around or so evil, even other villains wouldn't want to join with him. As far as I understand (having not watched the series), Butcher is very, very definitely the latter. And Teral seems to be a nice guy despite the whole conqueror alien thing, so I can't help but pity him a bit.

Emperor Vega is a dick though, so let him suffer.

Also that missing animation with Rand is hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

Censorship was nearly nonexistent (the only example I remember were those Pokemon episodes that 4 Kids blackballed) and the dubs were actually pretty good, so I should count myself lucky that I didn't get stuff like Freeza sending Kuririn to "another dimension". :rolleyes:

Yeah, seems all of Latin America was the same on it, whether we spoke Spanish or Portuguese. Argentina was the same, at least.

Man, I wish I had watched Gundam Wing back then to tell you if they just stuck with the original opening or dubbed it. Sadly, I have no idea, I didn't get into mecha anime until years later. Mazinger was far before my time, so I can't say anything about that one, either. And apart from those two, I can't think of a single mecha anime that got here. Normally, though, anime got dubbed openings that kept the same melody and were of great quality, as were the dubs themselves (my childhood is full of beautiful memories of near-perfect dubs with no cuts at all).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wonder just how far ahead Banpresto thought when they made that Ley Buster. Z2 wasn't released until years after Z, yet they had already planned Crowe (to some extent, anyways). Not only that, but if we consider that every Ley Buster scene has something to do with Asakim, past or future (and there's absolutely no reason not to), then...wow.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have to seriously wonder why they bothered giving the ??? treatment to Olson. He was already playable in an earlier stage, we know who that guy is! In comparison to that, Athena getting the ??? treatment is a lot less silly, since at least with her we're not meant to know who she is yet (despite her unit having her name on it...)

Also this has nothing to do with the LP but thanks for uploading the Z3 tracks, Brunom! Gotta love the SRW remixes. Only makes me want Z3 even more, though. Sigh, how I wish I had the money for a Vita and Z3...maybe someday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

As someone who enjoyed Eureka Seven and thinks it's a great series and something everyone must watch, I have to say...

...Seriously, gently caress the children. They add nothing to the series and are absolutely annoying and unlikable. Renton's heroic sacrifice here for their sake was far more than they ever deserved. Renton, though, is a pretty nice kid! He keeps proving it. He's a complete dork but goddamn does he try his best. Probably too nice for his own good.

Being able to shoot down Kira is one of this game's greatest pleasures. Now, if we could only shoot down Maurice, Linck and Maeter...

• Locked thread