Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
We have the possibility of an MX LP? But that means tha-

"Hold it!"

What?

"When people learn of something wonderful happening, an overwhelming feeling takes hold. From this they become happy, and a smile adorns their faces and hearts. People call this...enjoyment."

Wh-Who are you?

"You don't deserve to know my name!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

Muge's powers only work on Super Robot villains, though.

You get Gore, Marshall of Hell, Emperor of Darkness and... was it Darius from Gaiking? I think it was.

All of them, plus the boss of Jeeg. Emperor of Hell or something, I don't know, it's been a while since Alpha 2 and 3.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Definitely for the best you don't do the Alpha series, since there is a LOT of stuff to cover with it.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Okay is it my laptop messing up or have all the tindeck files just vanished. Something happen with them?

Edit: Yeah, they're back. I see it. Cool.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 24, 2016

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while. What did Z3.2 retcon and mess up with regards to story?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

It didn't retcon anything (at least not that I remember) but they handwave a lot of things and rush to tie out loose ends... which leads to them being tied poorly.

Really? I heard there was something regarding Asakim and doing stuff with him. And what sort of things did they handwave and rush?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Caphi posted:

I'm going to say the fact that the space racism and general douchebaggery going on in Z1 is secretly orchestrated by Chronos, Blue Earth and the Titans in particular, and that the really personal hero titles were really baptismal names - Werkiel the Heat, Hamariel the Star, and to a lesser extent, Zuriel the Unbreakable - and some kind of sign of fate and another sign that the whole of Z is subject to the will of the Angels/Sol Supreme.

Okay, I just looked up about the Angels and Sol Supreme. Yeah, that was a major misstep. And how are Chronos able to manipulate both Blue Earth and the Titans into being space racists since they're originally from separate worlds? Unless...they can cross dimensions, can't they? Which begs the question of: How?

Edit:

Brunom1 posted:

You're forgetting stuff! Chrono pretty much had a hand on everything even tangentially related to humanity being space racist. Heero Yui dead? Chrono. Zeon Deikun? Chrono. Human Alliance hating Hideauze? Chrono. Laplace? Yup. And, of course, Blue Cosmos and Titans.

If I remember correctly, there's a video on Nico showcasing the moment where all of Chrono's shenanigans are exposed and the chat going all クロノ 「それも私だ。」.

The baptismal names are based on our legit birthday angels, by the by. So, it'd be Verchiel and Hamaliel. :eng101:

I agree with the chat, Chrono Gozzo. Also, the angels bit is really weird since July is mostly Cancer but it says Verchiel of July is for Leo, which is mostly August. Also also, why make two characters have names that are just straight up the Angels?

Double Edit:

AradoBalanga posted:

I think what you're referring to is the reveal that Asakim was not a real person, but some kind of corporeal entity that spawned via the Shuroga's attempt to recreate its original pilot using data from its damaged internal memory bank.

Yes that, exactly that. The whole thing. What does that have to do with the Taiji? Why is he cryptic?

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 25, 2016

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

Turns out that, when you first get to the moon, you find a DVD with the Angels going: "pull that poo poo back or we'll destroy you". The big players of that world then form a secret cabal to do so.

So, every individual parallel universe has its own Chrono and they follow the Angels' orders, which is just to keep keep human evolution in stasis and wreck anything that steps out of line. Sidereal works as the Angels' enforcers, attacking when a Chrono fails to keep their end of the "bargain".

But how do Sidereal get between the universes? Why do the Angels want humanity to not advance? And why do they let them reach the moon, build colonies in space and do all sorts of "advancements" before the Angels decide "Maybe we should stop this" when their message was on the moon and several worlds can travel into another solar system?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

1) The Angels can tap into Origin Law all willy-nilly. They can send Sidereal wherever things get out of hand.

2) Because, as the first batch of humans in all the parallel worlds, they fear competition from other species getting to their level. Of course, the excuse they actually use is that keeping the evolution of others under their thumb is the only way for folks to evolve "correctly". Anyone who doesn't comply is Ba'al.

3) Because the Angels don't like to intervene themselves - they'd much rather let a version of Chrono try to keep things under control for them. Problem is, Chrono is a band-aid trying to hold back a floodgate. Despite their interference, humanity still makes it to space and gets their Newtype, SEED, Quantum Wave powers rolling. That's why Chrono started getting more and more violent in their oppression in UCW and ADW - because they were failing and that meant the Angels would, eventually, get fed up. They do leave Crystal Godzillas seeded in every Chrono-watched world , ready to gently caress poo poo up on their signal.

1) Okay, fair enough.

2) Isn't that the argument that all holier-than-thou people use? I'd say they should've checked on that sort of thing, but they were the first batch...according to them.

3) Then what about Macross? Was drawing the Zentradi the Macross Chrono's idea? Cause that hilariously backfired. But that wouldn't make sense since it wasn't until the Zentradi got involved that humans truly went beyond the moon.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

The Protoculture were among the Angels' victims. I don't know/remember if they had a Chrono equivalent but the Angels did bring the Protodeviln over to kill everything.

They brought over the Protodeviln to kill the protoculture and then everything else? Cause that seems like "If you're not going to play by my rules, then you can't play and I'll never let you play", which I guess, based on what I've read, fits their somewhat childish nature.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

I think, in that version, it's like Doc said: a very dangerous Overman.

I'm not sure if that makes him more or less dangerous than in Z.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Machine Robo, because he is the greatest.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

I share my sentiments with everyone here. Congrats on getting through all this, and thank you for doing this. :tipshat:

• Locked thread