Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
That was my life for years. gently caress. Just thinking about poo poo like that makes me so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Sounds more like a vacuum leak to me.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Jesus. I would get irritated about stuff like changing a clutch on an s2k, a turbo on an evo x, or downpipes on a gtr, but that is a whole new level of bullshit. Although there are a surprising number of cars with the hubs outside of the rotor. Some hondas and mazdas off the top of my head.

James Woods posted:

Sadly no. We not only did a vacuum leak test with starter fluid but a month ago I also replaced every vacuum hose on the drat thing. My money is still on the MAF which I will be purchasing new shortly

What happens if you unplug the maf? The subarus I'm used to dealing with will idle well without one. On second thought that probably won't solve anything.

jamal fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 3, 2014

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Dr. Klas posted:

Care to explain this more? I mean it seems Porsche has a thing or to learn from your knowledge.

Holes creates weak spots where cracks begin due to thermal expansion. They used to do it because at high temps pads gave off so much gas that you would get fade and they wouldn't work otherwise. It still happens to a small extent but the better solution is to use some sort of a slot. I think you would be hard pressed to find an F1, WRC, or ALMS brake rotor with holes in it.

jamal fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 6, 2014

• Locked thread