Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

ragnarok match was awesome and i won't hear otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Here's our schedule for this next week:

Saturday (likely early in the day): Nitro/SatNight run
Sunday (likely later in the evening): RAW/Shotgun run
Wednesday: Polls close, new thread launches with Awards Results and Prize/Punishment, a Year in Review post from each team, and Week 1 of Season 3.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

could use some advice in WCW chat, if anyone's around

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
WWF, RAW is booked but has issues. Check them out when you can.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
:siren: WWF, our Post-Mania Raw is about to run :siren:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is some family issues going on right now so I'm going to have to take a bit of an absence with WCW. My apologies to the crew who worked their butts off.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm going to have to take a sabbatical from the actual WWF writing duties as well, myself. College just started and I need to get used to the workload as is. I'll still idle in the chatroom to bounce ideas off of people, but I don't have time to do writeups.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Nitro is almost done; we have two matches and a promo to finish.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
sorry for the delay - new thread coming sometime this week.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
jumped the gun - personal issues are going to derail this for quite some time. If someone's interested in keeping it going, PM me and I'll send the files. If not, I can make the google docs public and post the save for anyone to play their own version.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Noooooo! Someone keep this going! :smith:

Joe, I hope everything gets better. Keep in touch, let us know how you're doing man.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

well hell.

What all goes into running the show? You just enter the booking decisions into TEW and relay results / feedback to the thread? I could probably do that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm half-tempted to start a new modern-day game. I don't suppose it would work to reenact the WWE brand split and have teams assigned to each, would it? It wouldn't be a formal 2-player game, of course. I love this LP but I'm not too up on my 90's wrestling.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Basic Chunnel posted:

well hell.

What all goes into running the show? You just enter the booking decisions into TEW and relay results / feedback to the thread? I could probably do that.

Also dealings with TV and PPV providers and various other aspects that Joe does without our input. And directing the teams with special challenges etc.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 9, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'll be really sad if this ends. How good are the WWE 2k14/15 Custom Storyline features? I'm pretty sure we could make a youtube series out of this if we still have all of the results on both docs.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

According to an email I received, Happyman is taking over, but he can't receive ownership rights of the google doc so we have to port everything over to a new doc by hand. Hopefully it's as easy as cut/paste!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

According to an email I received, Happyman is taking over, but he can't receive ownership rights of the google doc so we have to port everything over to a new doc by hand. Hopefully it's as easy as cut/paste!

Just as easy. You'll have to add all your tabs again, but the information can be copy and pasted easy.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Crisis averted apparently.

Thank you for taking up the burden of running this game Happyman. I'm forever indebted to anyone who is willing to help us keep this going.

Joe, I sincerely hope you get past whatever your troubles are as unscathed as possible. You're a treasure and you've worked your rear end off for this game. You coming up with interesting ideas and facilitating our insane ideas has made this game what it is, whether it was creating custom gimmicks for wrestlers or matches or making your special events to simulate THE 90'S.

No offense to Happyman, but I don't know if anyone could hope to run this game like you and I hope that you'll be able to come back and do it again someday. And if not, there will always be a space for you in the WCW writer's room if you want to return as a player, or even just a spectator, and I'm sure WWF feels the same.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

None taken. Joe did an awesome job.

I got the save file up, just need to register new IRC channels, and for someone from WCW to transfer the booking doc. sk is still on board to post dirtsheets. Expect the new thread up this weekend.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

As just a bystander and fan, thanks to all you guys for putting this on. I know you do it for fun, but to be involved creatively so much with something definitely takes a lot of personal time and to do so just for a small little group here has to be a fun passion project and nothing more. So thanks to all the writers, bookers, Internet dirt sheets, and our gracious host JoeRules to putting all this on. It's been fun to read and I hope Happyman can keep it going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

I forgot to mention it. Here's the new thread. Mods or JR, please lock this thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664417

• Locked thread