Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Maxwell Lord posted:

That is a hell of a good twist.

And factually accurate as well!

Really surprised that Alex Wright is the person to end Santo's reign, kinda out of left field to me at least. Excited to see where WCW goes from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

triplexpac posted:

Edge's career in this game might be my favourite part of the whole alternate universe. Poor guy haha.

Speaking of which, what's up with droz in this universe. Anything you guys give him has to be a step up

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

schweens posted:

Speaking of which, what's up with droz in this universe. Anything you guys give him has to be a step up

Droz debuts in 1998, next year, so no company can have him yet.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

And factually accurate as well!

Really surprised that Alex Wright is the person to end Santo's reign, kinda out of left field to me at least. Excited to see where WCW goes from here.

Alex Wright has been one of the surprises of this thing. He seems to never have a bad match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Great to see Hennig's reveal as the Flawless Diamond go off so perfectly! That whole story has been great thus far. I love the decision to make Alex Wright our new Cruiser Champion, he was so great during the whole Nobility he deserved the rub from Santo and I'm sure he'll have a terrific run. The fall from grace of Arn Anderson continues to be compelling and I can't wait to see how he responds to being embarrassed by Mr. Warrior like this. And the main event was really awesome, I'm assuming by the B show rating that it did not garner you guys an A, which is god drat robbery.

My only complaints are that the Simmons vs Kid Rock blowoff was kind of boring to me because I felt like that feud kind of peaked at Starrcade and it kind of felt like it was dragging itself along like it was zombified after that. The Thrillseekers vs Movie Buffs feud didn't grab me very much either. Hopefully Simmons AND Kid will get to move on to more interesting stuff now that they're done with each other and the Thrillseekers will have something more engaging than a comedy feud. I bet they're going to run rampant on the new B show.

I'm kind of shocked that Giant and Rick Steiner went over in their feuds, and Lex Luger seems to be hinting toward a heel turn! Things are starting to change from what we planned the last time I was around. Pretty exciting!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I don't know why but everything WCW does with Kid Rock makes me want to see him get pummelled to death and never seen again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
^^^ Same.

Sanguinia posted:

Great to see Hennig's reveal as the Flawless Diamond go off so perfectly! That whole story has been great thus far. I love the decision to make Alex Wright our new Cruiser Champion, he was so great during the whole Nobility he deserved the rub from Santo and I'm sure he'll have a terrific run. The fall from grace of Arn Anderson continues to be compelling and I can't wait to see how he responds to being embarrassed by Mr. Warrior like this. And the main event was really awesome, I'm assuming by the B show rating that it did not garner you guys an A, which is god drat robbery.

My only complaints are that the Simmons vs Kid Rock blowoff was kind of boring to me because I felt like that feud kind of peaked at Starrcade and it kind of felt like it was dragging itself along like it was zombified after that. The Thrillseekers vs Movie Buffs feud didn't grab me very much either. Hopefully Simmons AND Kid will get to move on to more interesting stuff now that they're done with each other and the Thrillseekers will have something more engaging than a comedy feud. I bet they're going to run rampant on the new B show.

I'm kind of shocked that Giant and Rick Steiner went over in their feuds, and Lex Luger seems to be hinting toward a heel turn! Things are starting to change from what we planned the last time I was around. Pretty exciting!

We've never had an A ever I don't think. The Thrilseekers vs. Movie Buffs were just a match we did because of writing off Tom Billington in an on screen roll. Fun thing about Giant feud is that we had monkey wrenches thrown into that story at every point. Originally was going to be Giant as just a manager with the idea that Muta "ended his career" with some sort of mist and he'd manage Harlem Heat against Muta and Meng. Well Stevie Ray was bought out before we realized it. Then when we paired up Meng and Muta to face just Giant and Booker it turned out Meng and Muta are absolute garbage as a team. So a feud that was to try and get Harlem Heat over turned into Giant getting revenge. Also Rick went over because of Scott Steiner being a liability with his drug bust.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Actually, I had planned for Rick to escape the cage to win the match, but Scott just HAD to get caught. Don't do drugs, kids.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

quote:

Go-Home Raw for In Your House 14: Saint Valentine's Day Massacre

Shawn Michaels opens Raw with a promo. "This Sunday, Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin have a match for a title shot at Wrestlemania. And I get it, Bret Hart thinks he was cheated, that he should get what he deserves. But what about me? WHAT ABOUT ME, VINCE? I was in that final 4, hell, I was inches away from winning the Rumble! What does that get me? What do I have to show for all my hard work, my effort, my dedication? NOTHING! Stone Cold stole my chance at the hat trick! Bulldog stole my chance at the title! Ever since I lost the belt, I have been stolen from every day of my life! I spent two months in some sort of fever state, and I have nothing to show for that!"

Bret Hart's music hits. "You're not the only one feeling that things are incomplete, that you need closure. La-"

Vader and the Britsh Bulldog run in, and begin beating down Bret Hart. Cornette isn't far behind. "Not to interrupt your little pity party, but my client Vader came to me earlier tonight, and he said, 'Jim, I'm feeling angry tonight. Jim, I'm feeling vicious tonight. Jim, tonight I feel like destroying someone.' And I said to him, 'Vader, how about Shawn Michaels?' He said that wasn't enough. I said, 'Vader, how about Bret Hart?' He said that wasn't enough. And then I said, 'Vader... how about both?' And my client Vader smiled at me, and he said, 'Jim... That's juuuuuuuuust right. So come up here... or my clients are going to have to come down there."

As Bulldog and Vader continue to put the boots to Bret, Shawn doesn't move. He just gets into a fighting stance, and tells them to come on. Vader and Bulldog just smirk at each other, and walk down the ramp to beat down Shawn. Heartbreak is able to hold them off, blocking strikes and avoiding slams, but eventually he can fight no more, and Vader and Bulldog beat him down. Cornette starts speaking again. "At United Karnage, we're gonna have a tag team match. My clients versus the 2 of you. See you there, guv'nah." Cornette cackles as his clients continue beating Michaels, Bret still out on the ramp.

Backstage promo by Hardcore Holly, Bart Gunn, and Marc Mero. Mero is still beat up from the last few weeks of matches, and says if they want to have the match so bad, they can go have it. Holly and Gunn mull it over for a while. "Bart, we can't call ourself Road Rage. I've given up racing, and Mero won't be providing the rage. What do you think we should call ourselves tonight?" "I'm thinking... the New Smokin' Gunns!" "No, no, no... that'll never work. How about... The New Musical Express?" "Like the magazine?" "It's better than nothing." "Well, I think I've got a name we can use tonight that's a little more fitting..." Marlena was a real star in this segment, really helped all 3 dudes out.

Kerrang!(Bob Holly and Bart Gunn) (w/Marc Mero)/The Dark Carnival, Gunn pins Doink. Holly and Gunn enter to a hard-rocking theme, and carry that ethos to the ring with them, delivering a hard-hitting style that doesn't give the Dark Carnival a lot of breathing room. Eventually, they hit Doink with a combination double-leg slam and a neckbreaker that gets the 3. Marc Mero celebrates from ringside, not even bothering to get in the ring.

Scotty Bollea cuts a promo on Ken Shamrock. "You know, Scottymaniacs, I've been hearing a lot about this Ken Shamrock dude. He says he's the Most Dangerous Man Alive, that he's a Mixed Martial Arts expert, and I think that's bona fide bullcrap, neighbor! He may have fought in Pancrase and the UFC, but the Scottster could tap his rear end out any day of the week! Did I ever tell you dudes about the time I beat the Undertaker in Strikeforce in 1975? Yeah, I Scottied up right there in the octagon, and I slapped on the Bollea Bite, and the Undertaker was just screamin' like a baby, "OH, OH, MERCY, UNCLE, I QUIT, I QUIT, NEIGHBOR, YOU'RE THE BEST, SCOTTSTER, AND KEN SHAMROCK SUCKS POOPY BABY DIAPERS" JUST LIKE I WANNA DO TO YOU, SHAMROCK NEIGHBOR JACK! SO AT THE ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE, I WANT YOU TO MEET ME IN THE RING!" Jimmy Hart and Ken Shamrock come out, and Jimmy Hart accepts Bollea's challenge. "So, who's the Scottster's opponent tonight, neighbor?" A gong rings out, and The Undertaker walks to the ring as Scotty Bollea goes pale.

Scotty Bollea vs The Undertaker went about as well for Bollea as you'd think. Undertaker completely dominated Bollea throwing him around like a ragdoll but Bollea managed to slow Undertaker with a crafty low bite. He tried to lock it in, but Undertaker powered out of it. Not playing around anymore, Undertaker uppercuts the taste out of Bollea's mouth and then Tombstones him in short order for the 1-2-3. Undertaker looked good beating the poo poo out of Bollea likely due to their in-ring chemistry.

Backstage, Stone Cold is interviewed by Mean Gene about the assault on Bret Hart earlier tonight. "Stone Cold, how do you feel about the brutal assault on Bret Hart, your opponent this Sunday night?" "Well, I got a lotta thoughts about it. On the one hand, this is gonna make it easier for me to retain my guaranteed title shot. On the other, I was kinda looking forward to whuppin' Bret's candy rear end myself. So forgive me for not bein' all that outspoken on Vader taking this into his own hands. Now if you'll excuse me, I got poo poo to do."

Taz vs Fatu. Commentary desk note that Fatu requested this match, despite Brother Love's protests. Taz submits Fatu like the rest. Zero chemistry between these two dudes.
Ted DiBiase angrily storms out with a microphone. "Alright you little poo poo, you've left me no choice. At Saint Valentine's Day Massacre, you'll be competing against a man who knows you all too well, your former tag partner King Kong Bundy." Taz tells him to bring on all comers because no matter who they are, they'll all fall to the Tazmission.

Tom Prichard and The Ultimate Warrior (w.Paul Bearer) vs The Dudleyz (w/Dirty Dutch), Buh Buh pins Prichard after Goldust distracts Warrior. Pritchard and Warrior make a good team.

After the match, Goldust took a microphone. "Ultimate Warrior, you decided to stick your nose in my business, you decided that you weren't done with the Undertaker, even if he was done with you. And you had the gall to stand up to me.

Before me, you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is in your nature to do one thing correctly: Tremble. But fear is not what you owe me. No, Warrior... you and the others — you owe me awe!

Tom Noonan, Manhunter. This Sunday, You will feel the wrath of the dragon, clothed in golden rays. And you won't be able to run fast enough to esc-"

The arena goes black. A gong rings out. The lights come back up, and Undertaker is standing behind Goldust. Taker hoists Goldust up for the Last Ride, and brings him down to the floor.

"This Sunday... you will rest... in... peeeeeace."

Dave Taylor vs. Dirty White Boy, Taylor goes over. DWB went down the same way Doink did last week, after a pop-up European Uppercut JR has taken to calling the Flying Ace.

Captain's Crew comes out after the match, accepts Taylor's challenge. "Baby, if you think you can stand up to the Captain's First Mate, Mr. Jerry Lynn, then you can go ahead and try! Even if you got Chris Jericho by your side, my Jerry will do what he does best, and retain his title!"

Skunkrocker vs Mark Henry, 17. Even though Henry isn't really built for 12-minute matches, him and Skunkrocker have dynamite chemistry, and this was a fun as hell match. Skunk attempted to get Henry up for the Stinkbomb, but Henry reversed it into the World's Strongest Slam for the 3.

Mick Foley talks to Shawn Michaels backstage. "You didn't really mean all that stuff you said, right, Shawn? I mean, yeah, you lost a few title shots, but... but you made a friend. These months I've been tag teaming with you have been the best months of my life. And isn't friendship more important than any dumb ol' title?" He pulls Shawn into a hug. Shawn replies, dispassionately, "Yeah, Mick. It sure is."

Vader promo on Hansen, saying it's all Hansen's fault he's not WWF Champion anymore. It's Hansen's fault he lost at the rumble, and at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, he wants to take his revenge in a Texas Bullrope match. He'll take as much out of Hansen as he needs to until he feels he's gotten proper repayment for his belt. Hansen accepts. Vader was a little mushmouthed off-script.

Hart Dynasty (Owen and Bret Hart) vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Vader.

Bret and Vader start off this match, trading lefts and rights as soon as the bell sounded. Given Vader's post-promo fire and Bret's bad condition from earlier in the night, Vader easily got the better of Bret, throwing the older Hart around without effort. Up in the heel's corner, Austin calls for the easy tag, which Vader pointedly ignored... for a while, until Austin started to throw Perrier bottles by Vader's feet. The two finally come face-to-face and yell at each other while Bret sneaks across the ring and hits the hot tag!

From there, Owen runs like a man on fire, dropkicking both Vader and Austin out of the ring, where they can't stop arguing about the last few weeks' developments. Their disagreement comes to blows to each other and the Harts when they try to get the heels back inside the ring. This results in a no contest ruling."
After the match, the 4 continue to brawl, with Vader working over Bret, who is weakened from the beatdown earlier. Owen and Austin are also brawling, until Owen is able to whip Austin into Vader and come to his brother's aid. Owen gets a chair from under the ring, and is able to hold Vader and Austin off until Bulldog runs in, grabs Owen's WWF title, and clocks him from behind. Bulldog stands tall with Vader to end Raw. Owen looked great in this, holding off all comers as long as he could.

This finally broke the string of B- shows, by being a solid B show!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

^^^ Same.

We've never had an A ever I don't think. The Thrilseekers vs. Movie Buffs were just a match we did because of writing off Tom Billington in an on screen roll. Fun thing about Giant feud is that we had monkey wrenches thrown into that story at every point. Originally was going to be Giant as just a manager with the idea that Muta "ended his career" with some sort of mist and he'd manage Harlem Heat against Muta and Meng. Well Stevie Ray was bought out before we realized it. Then when we paired up Meng and Muta to face just Giant and Booker it turned out Meng and Muta are absolute garbage as a team. So a feud that was to try and get Harlem Heat over turned into Giant getting revenge. Also Rick went over because of Scott Steiner being a liability with his drug bust.

We've actually had three A segments in the show's history.
1) Arn Anderson vs Ric Flair at Great American Bash
2)Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan fans bring the weapons at Hog Wild
3) Flair and Sting's promo regarding WW3 and the World Title on the go-home Nitro before World War 3

I'm sorry the Giant/Harlem Heat vs Muta/Meng storyline ended up being a headache, it was the last one I pitched before I had to take that sabbatical. I actually intended that the Heels win when I pitched it funnily enough, but either way it sucks that it turned into a hassle when I wasn't around to help run it.

Also on side note, I know how much work you've put into the write-ups since I've been gone. Just thought you should know how much I appreciate it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Forgive the double post.

That was a really great episode of Raw. The only dead bits were the throwaway tag match with the dark carnival and the fact that still I can't take anything involving Jerry Lynn seriously since he dug the IC title out of the trash. Every other segment was really enjoyable and everyone looked great.

I have to say though, the booking for this pay per view feels kind of slapdash. This is the go home show and it felt like several match set ups and feud progressions got dumped on this episode because they needed to happen for the PPV to make sense. It's not terrible or anything, the actual shows and segments are still good, and I'm guessing the game mechanics won't actually care. But the lack of flow in the storytelling is noticeable and I think it hurts the product as a reader. The Bret/Austin/Vader plot and HBK and Foley's tension is well structured and paced, but everything else feels kind of off-kilter right now. Not bad at all, just... not right.

Last complaint: Owen is still in second fiddle mode as Champion. Bumming me out man.

EDIT: Also I noticed for the first time how many managers WWF has and how they all have 3 or 4 wrestlers under their tent. It's like Game of Thrones over there.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Managers are awesome and everyone loves them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Forgive the double post.

That was a really great episode of Raw. The only dead bits were the throwaway tag match with the dark carnival and the fact that still I can't take anything involving Jerry Lynn seriously since he dug the IC title out of the trash. Every other segment was really enjoyable and everyone looked great.

I have to say though, the booking for this pay per view feels kind of slapdash. This is the go home show and it felt like several match set ups and feud progressions got dumped on this episode because they needed to happen for the PPV to make sense. It's not terrible or anything, the actual shows and segments are still good, and I'm guessing the game mechanics won't actually care. But the lack of flow in the storytelling is noticeable and I think it hurts the product as a reader. The Bret/Austin/Vader plot and HBK and Foley's tension is well structured and paced, but everything else feels kind of off-kilter right now. Not bad at all, just... not right.

Last complaint: Owen is still in second fiddle mode as Champion. Bumming me out man.

EDIT: Also I noticed for the first time how many managers WWF has and how they all have 3 or 4 wrestlers under their tent. It's like Game of Thrones over there.

There's gonna be a funny, funny story to tell once Wrestlemania is done and over with about this main event scene.

And that tag team match is necessary for one of our midcard stories going forward.

Also, a lot of our dudes are not super great at talking, and managers are a real help with that.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
:siren: WWF, IYH 14 is booking right now, so get in IRC! :siren:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It's February and love is in the air... but in the WWF, there's no love between our wrestling superstars!

WWF Presents In Your House 14: St. Valentines Day Massacre
  • An event so big, it has two main events! The excellence of execution, The Hitman Bret Hart takes on the foul-mouthed redneck Stone Cold Steve Austin after the controversial finish of the Royal Rumble match, this time there'll be no doubt a winner and a challenger to the WWF Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania! Meanwhile, The WWF Champ Owen Hart faces off against the brutish representative of Camp Cornette, the British Bulldog. With the title on the line, will Owen Hart crumble under pressure with the British Bulldog hungrier than ever?
  • In triple threat action, it's the bizarre Goldust vs the phenom The Undertaker vs the Ultimate Warrior! Warrior declined to have his picture taken, citing that it's forbidden by the Warrior gods to get your picture taken... at least that's what we gleaned from his rant as he wrecked our photo studio.
  • A rematch years in the making, Big Van Vader vs. Stan Hansen in a Texas Bullrope match! Hansen nearly took Vader's eye in their last match, will Vader look to take something from Hansen in this brutal match?
  • The WWF Tag Titles are on the line! The Brave Lions defend against the Captain's Crew (Hakushi and Bradshaw) and Money Inc (Sid and Corino). Brave Lions have been taking on all comers but will facing two teams overwhelm them?
  • The Heartbreakers, Shawn Michaels and Dude Love, face the villainous duo of Jake the Snake Roberts and the deranged Terry Funk. Will friendship prevail or will the demented offense from Roberts and Funk prove too much?
  • Dave Taylor is on a roll but now has to face the unofficial Intercontinental Champion Jerry Lynn! Can the real man's man take the IC belt from the clutches of the Captain's Crew?
  • Taz takes on his former Million Dollar Titan partner in the monstrous King Kong Bundy. Will Bundy be the one to end Taz's rampage against Money Inc or will Bundy fall to the Tazmission like all the rest?
  • Scotty Bollea claims that he can best Shamrock at his own game. Ha... yeah right.
  • And Mark Henry looks to publicly issue a challenge... but against who?

IYH14: St Valentines Day Massacre looks to be a humongous show, so order now!

Do not even ask fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 19, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Wait, when does the tag match between HBK and Bret vs Vader and Bulldog happen?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

Wait, when does the tag match between HBK and Bret vs Vader and Bulldog happen?

In a few weeks, the United Karnage mini-PPV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: The Nitros need a bit of help, so please help me write/book. :siren:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:siren::siren:WCW Nitro:siren::siren:

quote:

WCW Monday Nitro opens up with Flawless Diamonds making their way to the ring. Hennig takes the microphone first. "Last night at SuperBrawl, you saw the dawning of a new era in WCW. Or rather, and old era coming back, like cicadas lying in wait. Yes, I am the leader of Flawless Diamonds, and always have been. Page has merely been a distraction; he's one of my followers. Now that you know who we all are, you know why we took so long to reveal ourselves." He hands the microphone to DDP. "Back when I was just a manager, I had big plans for wrestling, but it was Curt that made them come to life. So I thank you, Curt, for bringing us all together in World Championship Wrestling." Hall takes the microphone. "We are the God-Kings of wrestling, with countless championships between us held. You should be glad your wrestling has been taken care of by a society like ours." Nash takes the microphone "I don't even know who is left to challenge us, but we're open to any challenge. First, the man you call Raven has a match." Raven removes his robe as the others disperse.

Raven defeats "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. Big Jim threw his weight around knocking Raven around the ring at the start. But the younger Raven eventually caught Duggan with the Evenflow DDT to pick up the victory.

Dusty Rhodes interviews the New Blue Bloods backstage. "Dusty, me and Doug here took the dissolution of the Nobility and made a positive out of it. We were baby birds kicked out of the nest of our mother, and we had to fly or die." Wright holds up the Cruiserwieght Championship. "Well, guess what, Regal? I flew." Williams grabs Rhodes' microphone. "We ended the reign of El Hijo del Santo, the Mexican legend. The New Blue Bloods are rising in the ranks of WCW, and we're the best at 100 kilos or lower! So whoever Konnan is bringing in from Mexico, be warned: we run this division now." "Weww, that's vewy nice. Now, how about yo match againsth Billy Kidman tonight?" Wright smiles, does a little dance, and says, "I promise a hell of a wictory. I promise!"

Ciclope and Psicosis defeat the Rock 'n Roll Express. The new Luchador tag team out moved the older tag team but this was a pretty high paced match from both men. Eventually Ciclope locked in his crossface like submission maneuver and made Gibson tap out.

In their dressing room, the Megabusters are sitting down, looking sullen. Anderson speaks up: "Hulk, I can't believe it. We lost both of our matches last night!" "Now listen here, dude. We didn't lose our matches...our matches lost US." "What the hell are you talking about, Hulk?" "I'm saying, we spread ourselves too thin. We weren't in each other's corner. The whole reason we joined together was to watch our backs, and we couldn't even do that! From now on, you're in my corner, and I'm in your corner." Anderson thinks about it. "You've got a point."

James Mitchell comes through a big cloud of smoke covering the stage and welcomes everyone to his dark nightmares. He says that his Wrath is still hungry for hate. Wrath slowly walks through the smoke himself as he looks around through his scraggly hair. His eyes blood red and his mouth covered with a mask. Mitchell says tonight he will unleash his Wrath on a poor soul.

Wrath defeats Rocco Rock. Wrath just straight up dominates poor Rocco Rock. Wrath hits two giant chokeslams on Rocco before pinning him with just his foot.

"Welcome to the Eric Bischoff Show! I'm your host, Elegant Eric. With me as always are Kimo and Ekmo. Tonight's topic is...well, you'll see. Now, if you want to talk to Elegant Eric and my guest, just dial 1-900-909-9900. Please refrain from calling until I reveal tonight's topic. Tonight's guest is the current WCW United States Champion, Kid Rock!" Kid Rock walks out, slapping the hands of the fans.

"Welcome to the show, Kid." "Thanks, Eric." "Now, I bet you're wondering why you're on the show tonight." "Well..." "I'm glad you asked! You see, I've been working on a new match type. Now, it's still in the beta phase, so it's not going to be ready for Uncensored. Either way, you weren't scheduled to be in it. Now that we know it's delayed, though, we need a test match. That's why tonight's topic is your match at Uncensored: a four-man elimination match!" Kid Rock looks on is disbelief. "What? Who made you Commissioner of WCW? You've got no power over me, Eric!"

Rick Rude appears on the TurnerTron. "No, but I do. Having found Elegant Eric's match idea interesting, and you needing an opponent, I've made a elimination match between you and three other men to be determined for the United States Championship. Hopefully, this will whet the appetite of the fans for Elegant Eric's match." Kid Rock sits in disbelief. Bischoff shouts "Let's take a call! Line 1, you're on the air!" Dead air. "Line 1, talk to me!" A toilet flush is heard. Bischoff hangs up. "Grab a life saver! You're drowning in urine!" Kimo and Ekmo laugh. "Next caller!" "Hey Eric, are you going to be at Spring Break-Out?" "Why yes I am. I'm going to have a show that night!" "drat, I was hoping you were cancelled." Bischoff hangs up. "Ha, ha, ha. Next caller!" "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY." Bischoff hangs up. "Yes, you're a homosexual. We know that." Kid Rock starts stifling laughter. "What are you laughing at?" shouts Bischoff. Kid Rock replies "Nothing." "That's what I thought. Next caller!" The other line plays a soundboard of Eric Bischoff's dialogue mashed up to make him say "Rump my hump." Bischoff hangs up. "Alright then." Tinny music plays, and Bischoff collects himself. "Well, that's it for the Eric Bischoff Show. Next time: is Bill Clinton a reptilian, or is it his wife? So long!"

Eddy Guerrero defeats Diamond Dallas Page to win the WCW Television Championship. This match was pretty back and forth and DDP seemed to be caught off guard by how much Eddy was taking it too him. DDP tried hitting a Diamond Cutter at one point but Eddy reversed it into a big back body drop. Eddy tries hitting multiple suplexes in a row, but only hit two before Page reverses the third into a roll up, that only gets two. At this point Madusa, another member of the Flawless Diamonds comes to ringside to make sure DDP has the match under control. She jumps onto the ring apron and starts getting in Eddy's face so DDP tries to take advantage and bum rush Eddy. However Eddy moved at the last second and DDP collides with Madusa! With DDP dazed Eddy rolls up Page from behind, and might have had some tights, to pick up the victory and become the new TV Champion.

Almost as soon as the referee raises Eddy's hand in victory, DDP attacks Eddy. Raven, Hall, and Nash all run out and continue the beatdown on Eddy. Just as Scott Hall is about to hit the Outsider's Edge on Eddy, Sting, Lex Luger, and Barry Windham run out and chase away Flawless Diamonds.

WCW Commissioner Rick Rude comes out, shouting "Enough! I'm taking control of this situation! As much as I admire your abilities, Flawless Diamonds, now is neither the place or the time. You're just going to draw out the Four Horsemen for every match if you keep this up! I tell you what I'm going to do: at Clash of the Champions, the five men of Flawless Diamonds take on the Four Horsemen and a fifth man of their choosing. And you know that main event I had planned? GONE! I'm now booking a Champion vs. Champion match! Ric Flair vs. Curt Hennig! That happens TONIGHT!"

The Thrillseekers defeat the Freedom Towers. Big Bubba and One Man Gang were no match for the high energy and fast paced moves of the Thrillseekers. Cage and Storm hit a double superkick on Big Bubba allowing Cage to get a pinfall victory.
After the match the Thrillseekers are handed microphones by their new manager Kimberly. Cage and Storm pat eachother on the back and both men say they want tag team title matches. Kimberly was hanging all over both men during this promo.

Rick Steiner comes out to the ring with a dog collar wrapped around his neck barking and growling at fans who are eating it up. Rick gets in the ring and cuts a promo about how the Dog Faced Gremlin proved that he was better and stronger than his brother. He barks and snarls and runs around the ring like a savage dog. Suddenly Bam Bam Bigelow and Bobby Heenan interrupt. Heenan runs down Rick as a freak and not the good kind like Freakzilla Scott Steiner. Heenan says while on the subject of Scott he can't believe Rick made a fool out of Scott and him last night. Heenan says Scott is the future and while Rick may have been impressive last night he didn't get the Heenan Family off his back. Bam Bam says that he's hunting for the Dog Face Gremlin and that he better watch his back everywhere he goes from now on.

Alex Wright defeats Billy Kidman. Kidman gets in a little offense, but this is pretty much all Wright. Wright pins Kidman with a German Suplex to retain his Cruiserweight Championship. After the match the New Blue Bloods beat down Kidman and drape the flag of Europe over him.

The Movie Buffs review 'The Crow: City of Angels'. Shark and Morrus hated this movie. They laughed about the idea of a wrestler dressing up like the character from this movie and how the crowd would laugh them out of the building. Morrus laughs as both men give it two thumbs down.

Lex Luger defeats Brutus Briefcase. Briefcase never got out of the gate as Luger was a house of fire from the start to the end of the match. Luger made Briefcase tap out easily to the Torture Rack.

Bobby Eaton is outside with his hotdog cart handing out wieners as Wallstreet Enterprises showed up with their own cart. Both Wallstreet and Kanyon trade insults with Eaton who shouts back. Eventually Wallstreet slams his cart into Eaton's. Eaton begins running away with his cart but both men from Wallstreet were hot on his heels with their cart. Both men started slamming their carts together in some sort of Hotdog Cart Death Race before both groups were off screen.

Before the main event, Rick Rude appears on the entrance ramp. "Before we get to our main event of the evening, I have an announcement to make: Clash of the Champions will be a Number One Contender's tournament for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. All the stars will come out, from the Giant to Arn Anderson, so make sure to tune in!"

Curt Hennig defeats Ric Flair via DQ. Ric Flair and the Flawless Diamond himself show off a similar mirror match when they faced off here. Flair tried working the leg like normal, but Hennig seemed to have a counter to everything. Hennig eventually hits a HennigPlex but luckily for Flair he was near the ropes after the suplex and Hennig had to let go of the pin. Hennig argues with the referee saying this is revenge from Rude trying to screw him out of a victory, but there is one thing you should know it is to never turn your back on the Dirtiest Player in the Game! As Hennig argues with the ref, Ric Flair hits him with a blatant low blow getting himself DQed! The other Flawless Diamonds run to ring to attack Flair, but he's already long gone in the crowd Woooing at the Diamonds.

B-

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 34!

Good evening marks! This week's issue has a bit of an extreme theme. Take a look:

Ratings Update: RAW way up to a 3.53 (+0.27!), Nitro down to a 3.41 (-0.06).

A Model Wrestler: Rick Martel appears to be joining HWA in hopes that his skills will rub off a bit on the roster. Unconfirmed reports say that Jushin Liger was the original choice, but after WWF spoke with Liger all parties decided against it.

Legion of Woop Woop: The next Ultimate Warrior may not be the family-friendly, (allegedly) coked-up nut that we all know and love. Animal, who has taken up the Warrior name in WWF, has been seen training ICP's Violent J as a protege.

Drug Blessing: Lots of news recently has been about the negative impact of drugs and drug testing on pro wrestling, but there is a silver lining. Some sources have pointed out that several WWF workers aren't complaining, but are rather using the situation to legitimately get clean. It seems that the drug testing has had a bigger impact than WWF authorities may have first thought.

Arrested, Development: Scott Steiner, the source of the recent drug frenzy, appears to be done with WCW for now. The company was about to renegotiate his deal, but the arrest turned them off from any business with him for the time being. Steiner is said to have contacted WWF but was turned down by them as well. It appears right now that Steiner will be signing with All Japan Pro Wrestling, perhaps in an attempt to clean up his act and become attractive to American promotions once more.

Fear and Loathing in Atlanta: The atmosphere backstage at WCW is as low as ever before, despite the company's doling out of wins and bonuses to keep everyone content. Some are saying that the company needs to make cuts to keep the roster at a reasonable size; many workers appear to be worried for their spots because there are so many replacements in the wings right now.

----------

Check in every Tuesday (or so) for the biggest news in the Monday Night War!

S.K.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

sk posted:

Some are saying that the company needs to make cuts to keep the roster at a reasonable size; many workers appear to be worried for their spots because there are so many replacements in the wings right now.

Maybe they should be.

Terry.

:colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Maybe they should be.

Terry.

:colbert:

What spot? His bald spot?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Eric Bischoff Show consistently gets a chuckle from me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Writing the Eric Bischoff Show is the funnest and hardest part of doing the write-ups. They have to advance a storyline, but you also have to reinvent the wheel every time Bischoff takes calls. We'd do them every week, but since I'm the guy who thought the whole concept up of Elegant Eric, I'm in charge of keeping the show going and I can't keep up the demand of writing new and exciting ways of pranking Bischoff.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
Nitro was okay this week. Just some critiques:

• Miss the formatting to display matches. Helped a lot with readability, but I'm sure this Nitro was very rushed out due to time.

• ...Eddy winning the TV title with no build, just like DDP did? At least with DDP you had the excuse of wanting to set up Guerrero/Regal with a few days away, but I think that this could have used some more time. Same thing with Hennig/Flair, considering that they are the holders of the two most important titles in WCW and the leaders of the two biggest stables in WCW.

• Glad that the Thrillseekers are getting more airtime, even considering Billington's release (probably due to drugs, I'm guessing).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Billington has been shifted to Road Agent. He was made the Thrillseekers' manager to help them get over, and now that that's done, he has more important things to do.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Nitro should be running in the next hour or two. RAW isn't slated to run until tomorrow, but IYH still needs work to be posted, and from the looks of things, then RAW needs a lot of work as well.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mikeawesome Usenet Report posted:

Dark: Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy vs. Buh-Buh Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley, Buh-Buh pins Matt. Matt and Jeff are a good team, being brothers and all.
Dark: Kane and URSUS vs Rhino and Dirty White Boy, Kane pins Rhino. Rhino and DWB are a terrible team.
Dark: Brian Pillman vs Tatanka, Pillman goes over
Dark: Chris Candido and Skunkrocker vs. Kal Kirby and Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs Stevie Ray and Ahmed Johnston, Candido pins Kirby
Dark: Godfather, Mr. Godwinn, Bart Gunn, and Hardcore Holly vs. ICP and the Dark Carnival, Godfather pins Shaggy 2 Dope. Godwinn was off his game.
Dark: Bob Backlund promo where he eventually puts Gene Okerlund in the Crossface Chickenwing

We see Captain Lou Albano backstage with Hakushi, Bradshaw, and Jerry Lynn. "Now, you know you can do this, I know you can do this, EVERYBODY knows you can do this deep down inside, so go out there, and get those tag team titles! The Captain's Crew will have almost all the gold, and it won't be too long until we get that heavyweight title, and go out for frosty chocolate milkshakes as WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPS!"

Taz vs. King Kong Bundy, Taz goes over. This is just a slaughter, as Taz hefts Bundy up like so much discarded cardboard for suplex after suplex after suplex, before sinking in the Tazmission for the submission victory.

After the match, Taz takes the mic. "Ted DiBiase, you know who I want! And I'm not gonna stop til I get to him!"

Ken Shamrock vs Scotty Bollea, Shamrock submits Bollea. From the beginning, Shamrock has Bollea's number, wrenching his arms and working his legs, as well as working him over with strikes. However, somewhere in the end of the match, Bollea just stands up, eyes wide, and stops reacting to Shamrock's strikes, before pointing in his face and yelling "YOU!" Scotty cinches in the Bollea Bite, a devastating abdominal claw, and Shamrock begins to writhe around in agony! Bollea yells "YES, GIVE UP TO THE ONE TRUE MASTER OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, NEIGHBOR! GIVE YOURSELF UP TO SCOTTYMANIA!" Shamrock stops convulsing and is even... laughing? The Bollea Bite has no effect on Shamrock! Bollea, realizing that his submission maneuver isn't working, lets go and tries for a big strike but Shamrock just responds with a takedown, and puts Bollea in the ankle lock for the submission victory.

After the match, Jimmy Hart takes the mic. "Now, baby, you've seen what Shamrock and Sato can do as a team, and today you saw the technical power of the World's Most Dangerous Man. Whoever wins the tag team title match tonight, they're gonna have to deal with the Legion Of Violence somewhere down the line!"

St. Valentines Day Massacre Intro video: We open on a massive party, full of pink, flowers and hearts. Ted DiBiase is the first person we see. "It's that time of year again. Love is in the air!"
As he speaks, we see fights breaking out in the background. Stone Cold dumps punch on Bret Hart. "Yes, the birds are singing." Owen Hart cracks British Bulldog accross the face with a tray of hors d'oeuvres. "The grass is turning green." All of the tag title competitors are brandishing silverware at each other. "It's the season where the milk of human kindness is at its sell by date. Yes, this is truly the best ti-" DiBiase's monologue is interrupted by Goldust, Taker, and Warrior barreling through the foreground with chairs, locked in combat. As the fight rages, a message appears on the screen.
THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION CORDIALLY INVITES YOU TO IN YOUR HOUSE 14: THE SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE!

Our opening match of the night is the Heartbreakers against Jake Roberts and Terry Funk. Match starts off hot with Foley and Funk just going at it. They brawl all around the ring but Funk soon gets the upper hand and wrenches Foley's arm to drag him over to his corner. Funk tags in Roberts, who puts Foley in a headlock as Michaels dispassionately tries to rile the crowd on Foley's side. Foley powers out, hiptosses Roberts and makes the tag to HBK. Michaels hits Roberts with number of chops and hits him with an Atomic Drop. Michaels stomps to signal for Sweet Chin Music as Robert staggers around, but Roberts snaps out of it and makes the diving tag to Funk. Michaels still goes for SCM, but Funk ducks out of the way and puts Michaels into the Sleeper hold. Michaels fades away and it looks like the match is about to go to Funk and Roberts until Foley makes the save with Sweet Shin Music to Funk. Funk releases the hold and hobbles over to make the tag with Roberts. Roberts throws Foley out of the ring and but when he turns his attention, Michaels is up and hits Sweet Chin Music on him! Michaels covers...

1... 2... 2.9! Terry Funk makes the save by breaking the pin up. Foley intervenes and hits a diving clothesline on Funk sending both to the outside of the ring. As both Foley and Funk brawl outside the ring, Michaels furiously stomps on Roberts. Roberts recovers and whips Michaels into the ropes but Michaels comes back with a flying clothesline. As Michaels kips up, Foley gains the upper hand in his brawl with Funk and whips Funk into the steel steps. Michaels tags in Foley and they hit Sweet Oblivion on Roberts. Foley covers but Funk slides into the ring with a baseball bat. Funk bring it down over Foley's back and the ref ends the match. Heartbreakers win by DQ.

Dude Love and Funk continue brawling, until they are both laid out. Michaels watches the brawl from the ring and shakes his head in disgust. He notices Jake Roberts coming to and delivers Sweet Chin Music to him and walks to the back shaking his head.

Next up was the Texas Bullrope Match between Vader and Stan Hansen, with the rules of the match being that winner is the one who scores a pinfall or submission - thank god. Stan Hansen comes out first looking really determined and then Vader came out followed by Jim Cornette, Vader staring daggers at Hansen. The moment Vader gets into the ring, he yells at Cornette to go the back, which a frightened Cornette obliges in an instant. The referee ties both competitors to the bullrope and the moment the ref finishes tying Vader's wrist, Vader immediately lays into Hansen with a big lariat. Hansen gets to his feet quickly but Vader is back on him with a flurry of clubbing blows. Vader backs Hansen into a corner and out of desperation, Hansen goes to thumb Vader in the eye, but Vader recoils away in response, giving Hansen some room to breathe. Hansen bolts out of the corner with a lariat with his free arm, but Vader ducks out of the way and loops a length of rope around Hansen's arm. With both of Hansen's arms tied up, Vader uses his strength and the rope to jerk Hansen towards him and catches Hansen into a side suplex. As Hansen tries to untangle his arm free of the rope, Vader begins viciously whipping the downed Hansen with the rope. Hansen rolls around Vader, in what looks like an unsuccessful attempted to avoid Vader's rope whips, but as it soon becomes clear, Hansen is looping rope around Vader's legs! With a quick tug at the rope from Hansen, it becomes taught around Vader's legs and the behemoth tumbles to the canvas! Hansen covers...

1... 2... Vader pushes Hansen off! As Vader tries kicking his legs to get the rope around them to loosen, Hansen pays Vader back for earlier by whipping him with the rope. Vader finally gets the ropes around his legs off and tries getting back up to his feet, but as soon as he does Hansen leaps onto his back and begins choking him with the rope! Vader frantically tries to shake Hansen off his back, but Hansen stays on, tightening the rope around Vader's throat! Soon Vader slumps to his knees and ultimately collapses, Hansen still keeping the rope tight around Vader's neck. The ref checks if Vader's fallen unconscious by lifting Vader's massive arm and letting it drop. It drops once... twice... thr- no! Vader was playing possum because as soon as the ref drops his arm a third time, Vader pushes off the ground and dives backwards, knocking the air out of Hansen.

As Hansen writhes around on the ground trying to breathe, Vader slowly gets back to his feet. Vader drags Hansen with the rope to the corner and climbs up to the second rope for a Vader Bomb! Hansen with a second wind, rolls out of the way, gets to his feet and rebounds off the ropes as Vader returns to his feet. Hansen hits a hellacious lariat that sends Vader tumbling over the ring ropes to the outside and soon Hansen is pulled outside too by the rope around his wrist. Both men are out as the ref begins to count.

1... 2... 3... Hansen begins to stir... 4... 5... Hansen gets to his feet and tries to haul Vader back into the ring... 6... 7... 8... 9... Hansen gets Vader in the ring and rolls inside just before the ref counts to 10. Hansen covers Vader... 1... 2... Vader kicks out at 2.9!

Hansen can't believe it! He asks the ref if it was three but the ref insists Vader kicked out before he hit the mat for the 3-count. Hansen wearily tries to get back to his feet but Vader hits a chopblock to Hansen's legs. Vader uses the rope to tie Hansen's legs and when done drags Hansen to the corner. Vader rolls to the outside and ties the rope to the ring post and rolls back in. After a couple stomps to the gut of a struggling Hansen, Vader hits the Vader Bomb on Hansen but doesn't cover. Vader hits Vader Bomb after Vader Bomb on the prone Hansen and after what may have been the tenth Vader Bomb, finally covers Hansen for the pinfall victory. Vader wasn't at his best in this match.

Video package for Goldust/Taker/Warrior.

A SHATTERED DREAMS PRODUCTION

We open on Goldust, in a dark room lit only by one golden spotlight.

"'Yes, this is Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California. It’s about five o’clock in the morning. That’s the Homicide Squad, complete with detectives and newspapermen. A murder has been reported from one of those great big houses in the ten thousand block. You’ll read about it in the late editions, I’m sure. You’ll get it over your radio and see it on television because an old-time star is involved; one of the biggest. But before you hear it all distorted and blown out of proportion, before those Hollywood columnists get their hands on it, maybe you’d like to hear the facts, the whole truth. If so, you’ve come to the right party. You see, the body of a young man was found floating in the pool of her mansion with two shots in his back and one in his stomach. Nobody important, really. Just a movie writer with a couple of ‘B’ pictures to his credit. The poor dope! He always wanted a pool. Well, in the end, he got himself a pool, only the price turned out to be a little high.'

William Holden. Sunset Boulevard. For 6 long years, Undertaker has been one of the top talents of the World Wrestling Federation, almost larger than life. But his time has passed, and his star is fading. When I took his urn, and bent him to my will, I rescued him. I gave him a real icon to cling to, a real box office draw to keep him afloat. But what did he do? He betrayed me. He took away my chance to win the Royal Rumble... and with that, he spelt his demise.

He may think he's doing this for vengeance, but we all know that all he and that understudy in the facepaint are motivated by is jealousy, plain and simple. They're still big, all right. But the pictures are bigger than ever before, and they just can't measure up."

Ultimate Warrior vs Goldust vs The Undertaker

Warrior and Goldust started out almost double teaming Taker, beating him down with jabs and body shots, but just as they had Taker to his knees, they made eye contact, and started beating on each other instead. After an exchange of jabs, Goldust whipped Warrior to the ropes. Warrior came back with a shoulderblock, but Goldust dropped down, and slapped him across the face as he flew onto the Undertaker, sending them both into the ropes. Warrior attempted to Irish whip Taker as Goldust ran the ropes, but when Goldust and Taker attempted to leapfrog, Goldust used the ducking Undertaker as a sort of springboard for a missile dropkick into the Warrior, knocking him to the floor! Goldust doesn't have a lot of room to gloat, as Taker is still running the ropes, and hits a flying clothesline, sending them both over the ropes onto the Warrior! As all 3 men start to get up at ringside, Goldust staggers away and grabs a chair from ringside. He slams Warrior in the side, before hitting an atomic drop, further aggravating Warrior's hips and pelvis. He whangs Taker with a quick chairshot before rolling Warrior into the ring, and going for a quick pin, hooking the leg and wrenching it to further hurt the Warrior.

1...2...2.9, as Taker sits up from the chairshot and pulls Goldust to the outside before punishing him with a series of jabs before he sets up for the Last Ride Powerbomb, but before he can hoist Goldust up, Warrior has rolled to the outside, and is picking Taker up for a crucifix powerbomb of his own. Warrior is still injured, though, and his leg gives out, so it's less of a powerbomb, and more of a crucifix backbreaker. Goldust backs up, gets a running start, and hits a massive double stomp into the face of the still ensnared Undertaker, sending him and Warrior to the floor! Goldust quickly pulls Warrior up, hits the Director's Cut on the outside, and rolls him back into the ring. He takes a second to lay into the downed Undertaker with chairshots, hitting him again every time he starts to pop back up. Finally, he rolls back into the ring, and goes for the pin on Warrior.

1...2...2.9, Warrior kicks out. Frustrated, Goldust whistles to the back, and who else but Buh Buh and D-Von run in. Goldust whips the Warrior to them, and as Warrior rebounds, D-Von hoists him up on his distressed leg, and Buh Buh plants him with a cutter, delivering the devastating 3D to the Warrior as Taker begins to sit back up, a bit slower this time. Taker starts to get to his feet and back into the ring as Goldust goes for the cover.

1...2...3. Goldust wins.

Right after that three-way ended, the Tag Team title match started. First out was Captain Lou Albano, escorting Hakushi and Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw to the ring, still drinking their chocolate shakes from before. Next out was Ted DiBiase bringing out Sycho Sid and Steve Corino as well, with all three looking out for the possible appearance of Taz. Finally, the tag team champions Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper appeared, accompanied by no one except their tag titles.

Piper and Hakushi started out this match with a lot of attempted sleeper holds that both men were immune to. A dazed Hakushi got the upper hand and accidentally tagged in Steve Corino, who continued the chain of sleeper holds which ended up with all three men laying on the ground, partially unconsious. Corino got up first and tagged in Sid, while Hakushi tagged in Bradshaw. While the ref started to count Piper out for being an illegal man inside the ring, Taz appeared out of nowhere and started yelling at Sid! Sid ran over to smack Taz off the apron, but Chris Jericho made the blind tag and ran wild on Bradshaw. The comeback was cut short by Bradshaw irish whipping Jericho to set up the Clothesline From Hell, but Jericho hit the Codebreaker first! The Brave Lions get the pin and retain the tag team titles.

Mark Henry promo running Pillman down for keeping his title by underhanded means, and calling him out. Pillman refuses, but says HHH is perfectly willing to show Mark Henry who holds the power in the WWF.

Mark Henry vs HHH

This was a slugfest from the get-go. HHH did his best to beat Henry at his own game, focusing on strikes to wear him down. But Henry was too resilient for HHH, and took him down with a strong left hook. After scrambling out of the ring and taking a breather, HHH changed his tactics, and went for technical wrestling instead. At the finish, he had Henry in a double chickenwing, and was telling Pillman to hit Henry with a Perrier bottle, as the ref had been knocked out earlier due to a missed shoulderblock from Henry. Pillman swung, but Henry slipped out of the way, and the bottle collided with HHH's face, giving Henry the opportunity to hit the World's Strongest Slam for the 3.

We then got a video package for the Owen/Bulldog match. It went over their shared history in the Hart Dungeon, their time in Cornette's Camp, Owen's eventual defection, their match from Mayhem In Madchester, Owen winning the title, and finished with Bulldog winning the #1 contender match.

British Bulldog vs Owen Hart(c)
WWF Championship

Before the action started, Owen offered a handshake, a show of mutual respect. Bulldog at first seemed wary, inching towards Owen, but then he accepted the handshake, giving a little smile as he shook his brother-in-law and former partner's hand. This smile quickly turned to a smirk as he whipped Owen to the ropes for a back body drop. Owen popped through the ropes, and hit a springboard splash onto Davey's back instead, driving Davey to the mat. Owen then applied a Dragon Sleeper, trying to wear Bulldog down, but Bulldog powered out of it, almost reversing it into a running powerslam before Owen reversed that into a DDT! Owen went for a quick cover, hooking Bulldog's leg.

1...2, Bulldog reverses into a cradle.
1...2, Owen reverses into a cradle.
1...2, Bulldog reverses into a schoolboy.
1...2, Owen reverses into a La Magistral.
1...2, Bulldog kicks out, and rolls away as Owen gets to his feet. Bulldog runs at Owen, looking for a clothesline, but gets reversed into a crucifix pin.
1...2, Bulldog powers to his feet, still in the crucifix. He is able to maneuver Owen's head under his arm, hooks his leg, and goes for what looks like a modified version of Finlay's Irish Cross, before going for the cover.

1...2...2.9, Owen kicks out. Owen gets back to his feet, and slips around Bulldog's back going for a German suplex, but Bulldog has it scouted, and slips behind Owen's back, hoisting him up for a German suplex. Bulldog pauses in midair, back tensed to keep Owen in his precarious position, before dropping him to the canvas in a bridge.

1...2...2.9, Owen kicks out, much less sprightly than at the beginning of the match, and staggers to the turnbuckle, obviously trying to scout a haggard Bulldog. He hops from the mat to the second rope to the turnbuckle, and hits a glorious no-hands moonsault right into the arms of a waiting Bulldog, who now has him primed for the running Powerslam. He runs, but Owen is able to reverse the powerslam into another DDT! Bulldog flips head over heels, almost through the ropes! Owen capitalizes. He drags Bulldog to his feet, and sets up for what looks like a Tombstone, but instead of falling onto his knees, he sits out! JR is flabbergasted! "THE K DRILLER! THE K DRILLER! OWEN HART HAS PLANTED DAVEY BOY SMITH WITH A K DRILLER! OH MY GOD!" Owen then slaps on the dragon sleeper, and Bulldog has no choice but to submit.

Owen then drags Bulldog to his feet, and offers another handshake. Bulldog looks at him a second, sneers, and slaps his hand away before walking to the back with Cornette.

IC Title Match: Jerry Lynn(w/Lou Albano) vs. Dave Taylor(w/Chris Jericho)

Chris Jericho does his best to keep Hakushi and Bradshaw from interfering with the match, and does a good job of it for the most part. The match is mostly fair, though Jerry Lynn does sneak in a few cheap shots while Albano is talking with the ref. Eventually, Dave Taylor hits a spinning European Uppercut from the turnbuckle, but the Captain's Crew runs in, evading Jericho, and puts the boots to him, causing him to win by DQ.

We got a video package before the main event, recapping the story leading up to this. It went from the Bret and Owen matches to Owen turning face, to Owen winning the title and Austin winning the Royal Rumble, as well as the brawl that ended this week's Raw. It also covered the growth of the Power Trip, from the Tag Titles to Austin holding both the tag belts and the IC belt, to now.

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart
For a title shot at Wrestlemania 13

Before the match even starts, Austin is hurling abuse at Bret, including some language I'd rather not repeat. Once the bell rings, Bret immediately gets into position for a lockup, and Austin looks at him almost in contempt before going into the lockup. Bret seems to have the advantage at first, getting Austin into an armwringer, but Austin reverses into a hammerlock, shouting right into Bret's ear as he works the arm. Bret shuts him up with a headbutt, and reverses the hammerlock into an irish whip, going for an atomic drop off the rebound. Austin scouts this, and leaps into a Thesz Press off the rebound before laying into Bret with punches, before hitting the ropes, and going for the diving middle fingers before Bret rolls out of the way. Bret takes the advantage, turning the downed Austin over, lifting his legs, and hitting his signature gut stomp. Bret then goes to the second rope, and hits a diving axehandle before setting Austin up for the Sharpshooter.

As it's still early in the match, Austin is able to get to the ropes quickly, and stalls for time in the ropes. When Austin eventually leaves the ropes, he drops the technical stuff and gets right to brawling, delivering lefts and rights to Bret, who is able to keep up at first, but is eventually overwhelmed. Austin squats for a bit, scouting, before hitting the kick to the gut and getting into position for the Stunner. However, Bret is able to counter this into a German suplex!

1...2...2.9, Austin kicks out, but Bret keeps the waistlock applied and tries to hoist Austin up for another suplex, but Austin is able to roll through and reverse into a inverted Boston Crab. Austin keeps the pressure applied, and grabs Bret's arms, suspending Bret in the air and working both his legs and back.

Bret is able to survive, and after a while Austin can't keep the hold on anymore, so he releases the Crab, and hoists Bret into position for a German suplex. Bret reverses, and whips Austin into the ropes before dropkicking him to the outside. As Austin staggers to his feet, Bret starts scouting him. Austin flips the double bird to Bret from the outside, and a livid Bret hits the ropes and leaps into a plancha! Austin is able to catch him in the perfect position for a vertical suplex, however, and Bret goes through the commentary table! The ref begins counting them both out.

1...2...3...4... Austin begins to get to his feet, and staggers back into the ring. 5...6... Bret stirs, and tries to get to his feet. 7...8... Bret is obviously struggling to stay up. 9...Bret gets back in at 9.9, and Austin toys with him, mocking him and the crowd as he drags Bret to his feet, kicks, and Stuns him before going for the cover.

1...2...2.9, Bret gets his foot on the ropes. Austin is flabbergasted, and pulls Bret to his feet, and is about to hit the kick when-

IT'S TIME
IT'S TIME
IT'S
VADER
TIME

Vader runs in, and begins to beat down both Bret and Austin, hitting Austin first for the DQ win.

After beating them both down, Vader grabbed a mic and started to speak. "In case you people in the audience AND you people in the locker room forgot, I still haven't got my rightful rematch for this championship that Owen fought to keep tonight. Nothing against the bodies of Steve Austin or Bret Hart here, but an eye for an eye, right boys? And if an eye is what it takes to get my revenge, then an eye is what it'll take." With one last look towards the two wrestlers lying in the ring, Vader turned and left to close In Your House 14.

This was an incredibly consistent card, with at least 3 good to great matches, but I'll still have to give it a B-. Probably should've ended the show with Owen/Bulldog, WWF.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

wcwwrestling.com posted:

FROM THE PEN OF EDDY GUERRERO

Bet you never thought I would beat DDP, huh? Well, I won, ese! Now I'm the Television Champion! And I'm not gonna duck the heavy hitters. I'm defending this title against the best that WCW has to offer. There's a lot of good wrestlers out there, and I want to beat them all. But DDP? You're not at the top of the list. Better luck next time!

-Eddy

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm kind of surprised by the number of screwy finishes on this show. I know Mania is coming up but almost every match had some kind of interference or DQ. Still, it was a pretty stacked card and most of the matches seemed solid. Loved Shamrock's comedy match, sad that Tazz is stuck on Heat since he's one of my favorite bits on your show, kind of confused why the Dudleys are still hanging out with Goldust but his Promo was baller, depressed that Triple H is the Jinder of your Three Man Band at this point.

Vader vs Hansen was my match of the night from the writeup, intense as hell and Austin/Hitman and Owen/Bulldog didn't jump off the page the same way (especially since Austin/Hitman was a screwjob finish).

Owen better have a cool finisher name for that K-Driller. Seemed kind of redundant to have him tap Bulldog out after premiering a crazy Japanese-style finisher like that. Oh, and speaking of that: Why does Owen know the Dragon Sleeper? IRL Dan Severn taught him that move as part of his feud with Shamrock. I'm outraged by the violation of the space-time continuum involving one of our talents. :colbert:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

I'm kind of surprised by the number of screwy finishes on this show. I know Mania is coming up but almost every match had some kind of interference or DQ. Still, it was a pretty stacked card and most of the matches seemed solid. Loved Shamrock's comedy match, sad that Tazz is stuck on Heat since he's one of my favorite bits on your show, kind of confused why the Dudleys are still hanging out with Goldust but his Promo was baller, depressed that Triple H is the Jinder of your Three Man Band at this point.

Vader vs Hansen was my match of the night from the writeup, intense as hell and Austin/Hitman and Owen/Bulldog didn't jump off the page the same way (especially since Austin/Hitman was a screwjob finish).

Owen better have a cool finisher name for that K-Driller. Seemed kind of redundant to have him tap Bulldog out after premiering a crazy Japanese-style finisher like that. Oh, and speaking of that: Why does Owen know the Dragon Sleeper? IRL Dan Severn taught him that move as part of his feud with Shamrock. I'm outraged by the violation of the space-time continuum involving one of our talents. :colbert:

Triple H isn't quite Jinder, we do have plans for him soon enough.

Heat isn't a punishment at all, just a creative way to get viewers to tune into the pay-per-view. Like HHH, Taz will have his moment pretty soon.

And Owen knows the Dragon Sleeper in this timeline because of his work in Japan. IRL Owen also wasn't cool enough to hold the WWF Title, so it's a bad comparison :colbert:

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Sanguinia posted:

I'm outraged by the violation of the space-time continuum involving one of our talents. :colbert:

says the guy who wrote Days of Future Past

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

wergeck.net posted:

Results from GCW Darkness Falls 1997

Lexie Fyfe defeats Chaparita Asari to retain the GCW Women's Championship

Lenny Lane defeats James Storm

Mariko Yoshida and Molly McShane defeat Malia Hosaka and Brandi Alexander

J.J. Dillon and Boo Brady do a skit

Shannon Moore and Blitzkrieg defeat Doc Dean and Lodi to retain the GCW Tag Team Championship

Lt. James Earl defeats Prince Iaukea

Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker defeats Texas Hangman Killer to retain the GCW World Heavyweight Championship

D show.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

JoeRules posted:

says the guy who wrote Days of Future Past

Now that I think about it, I do recall the disruptions to causality being so powerful during that story that they reached all the way to Raw from our product and left Triple H rattling off his future nicknames.

I am satisfied that I am personally responsible for all incongruities in past and/or future history involving our videogame wresslemen.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Taz is on Heat to provide an exciting, suplex-filled opener for our show.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

quote:

Results from HWA Welcome to the Jungle:

Dave Bautista beats Nick Dinsmore and Super Dragon, E-

Skit involving Afa and Dave Finlay, D

Perro Aguyao Jr. beat Mr. Aquila, E

Rick Martel and Shane Douglas brawled, C-

Jody Fleisch beat Matt Bloom, E+

Stevie Richards beat Doug Basham for the vacated HWA IC title, D-

Charlie Hass beat Glen Ruth for the HWA title, D

Tajiri, Chaz Warrington, and Shane Douglas beat Rick Martel, Dave Finlay, and Reckless Youth, C

SHOW RATING: C-

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tL9yyAky-iXc-a3jwkL6vYXkRBVdgXxunU4NvJb0aFk/viewform?usp=send_form

Wrestlemania, at the end of March, represents the end of Season 2, nearly 1 full year of this sim. We'll take a 1-week-ish break at that point for a public poll and for our yearly awards. However, we need some nominations for those awards first. Check out the form above to nominate things. If you fill it out now, feel free to come back and add things that happen in the coming weeks or that you forgot about.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Sanguinia posted:

depressed that Triple H is the Jinder of your Three Man Band at this point.

That's what everyone thought about Rollins when he was taking all the pins for The Shield. Don't worry about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

depressed that Triple H is the Jinder of your Three Man Band at this point.

He's the fun one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Submitted my nominations for the end of year poll. I put in four or five options for both companies in every category except best writer, and tried to minimize crossover between the nominations for each category, though there was some. With three weeks left it'd take something pretty incredible at Mania or Uncensored to change my votes because I think I really picked the pinnacles of best and worst.

Just remember not to Hinder the Hunter

• Locked thread