Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Xerzes posted:

3. Bad News Regal? Really?

It was just a tongue in cheek reference, nothing to stay haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

It was just a tongue in cheek reference, nothing to stay haha.

I kinda got that impression.

Anyways, good PPV WCW. A bit too long for me, but I'll take it. Notes:

• No Hogan match? Kinda a bummer, keeping a top star off a PPV (not like WWF isn't guilty of that). And no Cruiserweight action either?

• Some matches to me were kinda thrown around just for the sake of having it (Sting/Luger vs. Heenan Family, Savage/Muta, US Four-Way [should've just been Rock/Raven]).

• Nice establishing Regal more as a singles guy, without his Nobility to help.

• YESSS BENOIT FACE TURN YAY! Honestly, I apologize for constantly bugging you guys about it all this time, especially when you probably had this in place for a long time and couldn't exactly spoil it! Very hyped to see how this all plays out on Nitro.

Most importantly, repost from last page:

JoeRules posted:

:siren: WWF, since RAW is 95% done, I'm going to announce that we'll book WrestleMania tomorrow (Wed) night at 7 EST. That time may fluctuate just a bit, so check the IRC channel topic for any updates. :siren:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

zorademask@aol.com posted:

RAW this week is in good old Calgary. 3MPT promo opens the show. They vow that Wrestlemania is going to be their PPV, as they're going to walk out with all the singles belts that night.

Jerry Lynn and Chris Candido vs American Pride, Lynn pins Prichard. Prichard showing more fire than usual against the IC champ and his fellow Captain's Crew member, Prichard manages to almost get the win when he hits the Piledriver on Candido but gets his pinfall broken up by Lynn. American Pride look to have the match won until Candido thumbs Prichard in the eye and tags in Lynn who hits the Tornado DDT on Prichard for the win.

We got a hype video for Goldust/Taker, going over Goldust's history of using interference. Taker at MITB, the Dudleyz at St. Valentine's Day Massacre, etc. "Goldust, at Wrestlemania, you will have no assistance, you will have no cronies, and you will have no chance at escape. Once we're locked in that cage, you will have nowhere to run, and I will finally lay you to rest."

Lou Albano promo, talking up his clients. Lynn is retaining in the ladder match, and whoever wins the tag titles, Bradshaw and Hakushi will be on their trail, lickety split!

Bradshaw and Hakushi/Hardyz, Hakushi pins Jeff after a Clothesline From Hell/Koya Otoshi combination. Bradshaw and Hakushi are a dynamite pairing, always knowing what the other one is thinking. The Hardyz, being brothers, are also quite coordinated, but just not enough.

Hype Video, showing clips from the Owen/Vader Royal Rumble match. Intercut with the match are clips from Vader and Owen's matches against Bret, as Owen's voiceover states:
“Enough is enough! I am sick and tired of everything being about YOU!”

Then, cut to Vader, after the match, looking angry.
“If I don't get my Wrestlemania match, none of you will be able to stop me!”

Cut to the end of the Rumble, showing Austin viciously beating Bret with a chair. Austin then has a voiceover.
“Steve Austin is going to Wrestlemania!”

Cut to Bret, beaten and bruised, outside the ring.
“I want what you Hooligans took from me!”

Finally, we have a series of beatdowns between the four of them, as various quotes playing between them, ending on Owen holding the title up. “At Wrestlemania XIII, I'll eliminate the three of you myself!”

Texas Rangers vs Headshrinkers, Henry pins Samu. Pillman on commentary runs down Henry with distasteful remarks and hypes up his match at WM. "That big lummox doesn't stand a chance at Wrestlemania! And he calls himself an Olympian like that means something! Weightlifting won't get him anywhere against Brian Pillman!"

"We then got a Cornette promo, with Bulldog and Skunkrocker at his side.
"Roddy Piper, Chris Jericho, at Wrestlemania, my guys are taking those titles, and you may be changing the questions, but they'll still have the answers, because they've got Jim Cornette on their side!"
"RODDY PIPAH, YOU MAY BE ROWDY, BUT THE BRITISH BULLDOG... IS BIZZAH!"
"I'll be there too, and I won't mess it up this time, I promise!"

After that promo, a hype package played recapping Taz's war with Ted DiBiase's Money Inc., focusing on the battles with King Kong Bundy and Sycho Sid.

LoV and Kerrang! vs Dudleyz and Dark Carnival, goes to a schmozz finish and brawling to the back after Dudleyz and DC try ganging up on Sato, causing Shamrock, and then Kerrang!, to intervene.

The camera pans backstage after the match, where Ted DiBiase and Vince McMahon are talking and signing papers in a room. "Done, done... and done. Is that all the papers, Vince?" Vince sighs and takes a breath, and begins to talk. "Listen Ted, I'm really doing you a solid here. Four new guys - with an extra man HBO sent down, so make that FIVE new guys- in your money-lined circus, and you still have a job here. At WrestleMania 13: The Unlucky Number, one of your team members is having a match. Call that payment." "Hahaha! Finally, the world will see the might of The Fucktrain!" "No, he hasn't arrived yet." "Even better! King Kong Bundy will draw those Brits out of the woodworks to make me richer! Thanks-" "Not Bundy either, Ted." DiBiase's smile fades as he realizes who's left. "You mean... Corino? Well, he'll make me very proud with the Million Dollar Dream! But what to do with Taz..." "Taz won't be a problem at all for you. Trust me." "How? No matter what happens, the midget always shows up!" "Well, in this case, he has to show up for this match." Ted looks dumbfounded for a moment as Vince speaks again. "DiBiase, let me spell it out for you. At WrestleMania 13, your protege Steve Corino will be facing the submission master Taz in a Submission match. Just sign this paper to confirm -" McMahon doesn't finish his sentence when a beet-red Ted DiBiase lunges at him! "Vince! I'll get you back! You might have the company, but I have the money!" he yells while being taken by security.

Terry Funk promo from backstage, next. "Cactus, you say you're taking the fight to me. I like that just fine. Because that gives me time..." At this point, Funk produced a garbage can full or objects from under the ring apron. "...to get ready. Now, I'd like to say a few words to Mick. If Cactus could relay them, all the better. Mick, you've got a lovely wife, Colette. And you've got two adorable children, Dewey and Noelle. Do me a favor, tell them you love them, tell them now. Because after Wrestlemania, you may not have the opportunity."

Cactus Jack and the Brave Lions vs Terry Funk, Skunk, and Bulldog, Cactus pins Skunk after Piper reverses Terry Funk's attempt to hit him with a Stop sign, knocking him out.

Goldust promo next. "Yes, at Wrestlemania, we will be locked together behind walls of steel, with no assistance from outside. But what you don't seem to understand is that I won't be the one locked in there with you. You'll be locked in with me. I can be a brutal, brutal man when I need to be, and what better place for Grand Guignol than Wrestlemania? Now, I know it's impossible to kill a dead man... but that doesn't mean I won't try my hardest."

Goldust vs The Ultimate Warrior is next. As the bell rings, the announce team talks about the history between these two men. The two lock up, and Warrior shoves Goldust to the ground. Warrior beckons him back to his feet, and the two tie up again. This time, Goldust throws a big right, but Warrior ducks under and delivers an atomic drop. Goldust takes a few steps in pain, and Warrior charges at him, but Goldust is able to pull down the top rope and send Warrior crashing to the floor. Goldust quickly takes advantage by heading outside and stomping on Warrior's back, all while yelling at him. Goldust stands him up and delivers an inverse atomic drop, then charges forward, ramming Warrior's back into the guard railing. The ref comes out to try and get Goldust to bring the action back in the ring, but runs back to safety after Goldust angrily walked towards him. Now slowly getting back to his feet, Warrior tries to deliver a big axehandle, but eats a kick to the midsection. Goldust walks him over to the ringpost and looks to ram Warrior's back into the ringpost just as he did the railing,but Warrior gets out of the way and Goldust runs face first into the post! He's seeing stars as Warrior gathers his senses enough to lift up Goldust for a BIG bodyslam to the floor. Warrior catches his breath and plays to the crowd for a moment, then gathers up Goldust to head back into the ring. Warrior tosses Goldust into the corner and hits him with several chops, then whips him into the opposite turnbuckle for a big running splash. Warrior, now in full control, is barking his brand of madness at Goldust. He yells to the crowd that he's going to finish it, and sets up Goldust for a powerbomb. He again pumps the crowd as he goes to lift up Goldust, but Goldust manages to poke Warrior's eyes from atop the powerbomb, and comes crashing down on top of Warrior! Goldust gathers his wits as Warrior grabs at his back in pain. Goldust delivers a sharp knee into Warrior's lower back and Warrior screams out. Goldust takes a few steps back, then comes forward, leaping and bringing down both knees into Warrior's back. Goldust stands up, takes a bow to his audience, and then plants Warrior with the Final Cut to score the pinfall.

Finally, we got the contract signing for the WWF Title match at Wrestlemania. Vader, Austin, Bret, and Owen entered one by one, with Austin having Pillman and HHH by his side. They each sat down and looked over the terms of the contract, with HHH advising Austin. Owen was the first to sign, barely skimming the details before putting his John Hancock to the paper. Vader was similarly impatient, almost damaging some of the pages as he flipped through. Bret took his time, but he too eventually signed. Finally, Austin was the only one left who hadn't signed, but after a heated discussion with HHH, he signed.

After all the signed contracts were collected, all 4 competitors stood up and stared each other down before Pillman and HHH jumped Bret and Owen respectively, with Austin going for Vader. This brawl continued until referees and employees from the back ran out and had to restrain them as Raw came to a close.

C+ in all.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
:siren: Team WWF, WrestleMania is booking RIGHT NOW, so :getin: IRC! :siren:

And also:

quote:

Vic Venom introduces Shotgun by conducting an interview with Jimmy Hart, where Hart hypes up his clients in the tag title contenders match. Dirty Dutch interrupts, and insults Hart.

Candido and Jerry Lynn vs the Hardyz, Candido pins Matt with the Blonde Bombshell.

Owen/Austin hype video

Kal Kirby & Tracy Smothers vs. Dirty White Boy & Scotty Bollea, DWB pins Kirby.

Henry/Pillman hype video

URSUS meets Godfather in a hallway and looks very confused while Godfather makes his pitch.

Pre-tape: Mick Foley hypes up his Wrestlemania match and the viciousness of Cactus Jack

ICP interview Marlena backstage.

Steve Corino vs. Cuddly Chris Daniels, Corino goes over with the Million Dollar Dream.

Taz promo against Steve Corino, saying that the Million Dollar Dream has no chance against the Tazmission.

Goldust/URSUS, Goldust wins after a Final Cut.

D-Von Dudley vs. Ken Shamrock, Shamrock wins by DQ when Road Dogg Dudley gives D-Von a chair.

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 14, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fucktrain Jethro now canon.

Although I'll be honest as much as I love the Taz/DiBiase storyline, Taz vs Steve Corino for Wrestlemania? You blew your load early with Taz/Sid WWF.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Fucktrain Jethro now canon.

Although I'll be honest as much as I love the Taz/DiBiase storyline, Taz vs Steve Corino for Wrestlemania? You blew your load early with Taz/Sid WWF.

Don't worry about this storyline. It gets better, and doing Taz/Corino this early was necessary.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wergeck.net posted:

Live results from March Week 4, 1997 Nitro.

We open Monday Nitro with Eric Bischoff and WCW Commissioner Rick Rude in the ring with a covered object on top of a podium. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to WCW Monday Nitro. I'm here with Eric Bischoff to announce a special match that will debut at our next event, Spring Stampede. Now, Elegant Eric, would you do the honors?" Bischoff smiles. "Thanks, Rick. Now, last night at Uncensored, Kid Rock successfully defended the United States Championship against three other opponents in an elimination match. It was a real exciting match, which is why me and Rick made it. It also serves as a precursor to the match I've been developing in my spare time. What if Kid Rock had defended his title in an elimination match, but against five men instead of three? What if the combatants came in at timed intervals? What if it wasn't Kid Rock, but Ric Flair defending the WCW World Heavyweight Championship? And what if the entire match took place within the confines of ten tons of steel? I give to you, to the thousands in attendance, to the millions watching around the globe, and especially to one certain Connecticut resident....THE ELIMINATION CHAMBER!"

Bischoff rips the covering off the object, revealing a miniature round cage with a curved roof. Bischoff laughs maniacally as Rick Rude just applauds the reveal before speaking. "Tonight we will have qualifying matches for the Elimination Chamber. Obviously Ric Flair is in this match, but who will he defend against? Will it be, Great Muta and Road Warrior Hawk? Maybe the Shark or Lex Luger...how about Meng and Sting? Don't touch that dial, wrestling fans, because tonight is the dawn of history!" Rude looked good, but he ran circles around poor Eric, who looked lost.

The Thrillseekers and Rey Misterio, Jr. defeat the Navigators and La Parka. Rey got the pin on DJ Gorgeous with a West Coast Pop. Thrillseekers and Rey's styles are very similar so they were fun to watch coming up with triple team moves. La Parka and the Navigators seemed to have a communication problem, probably because one is a skeleton and the other are robots.

Dusty Rhodes interviews Ric Flair backstage. Dusty welcomes Flair as the champion and shakes his hand. Flair thanks Dusty again for what he said last night, because he brought out the old vicious side that he's had from back in the older Four Horsemen days. Dusty laughs and says its good for him to come back, just as long as they don't target him again. Flair says he's safe, but changes the subject saying that he's glad that Anderson's finally out of his hair. He's said he's done with Anderson for good after beating him three different times. Flair says that now that the nastier side of him has come back out that he doesn't mind the Elimination Chamber. Dusty wishes him luck in the match.

Eddy Guerrero defeats Bam Bam Bigelow to defend his Television Title. As the match started Bigelow over powered Eddy, but the Latino fire in Eddy willed him on. Every time Eddy tried to get some offense in Bam Bam would shrug it off. Eddy some how pulled off a suplex on Bigelow and only got a 2 count. Bam Bam went and dropped Eddy with a belly to belly suplex and climb to the top for a giant moonsault. However Eddy rolled out of the way and climbed to the top to hit a Jacknife Splash to retain his title. These two don't really click.

James Mitchell is sitting in a throne in the middle of the ring, which is filling with fog as the Great Muta is crouched beside him. "Well it seems that Mister Savage was able to out preform me and my Muta at Uncensored. But that's in the past. You see I've heard great news, Muta has a chance to enter the Elimination Chamber. A match so devious that not even I could think it up. So much Wrath will be unleashed in that chamber. My Wrath still has a thorn in its side though. One Mister Glacier keeps sticking his frostbitten nose in on my creatures of the nights activities. But soon...soon Muta and Wrath will take control. Now I could be wrong....but I doubt it."

Elimination Chamber qualifier number 1: The Great Muta defeats Road Warrior Hawk. Hawk over powered the smaller Japanese wrestler. Hawk at one point tried to gorilla press slam Muta, but Muta turned that into a tornado DDT. Muta attempted a diving moonsault, but Hawk had his knees up into Muta's gut. Hawk attempts a flying clothesline but gets sprayed with green mist in mid-air. As Hawk recovered Muta nailed him with a Shining Wizard for the pin. Muta was really off his game.

A Video package for the Nation of Domination plays. Teddy Long is narrating over old Civil Rights footage. He talks about how the struggle is still real and there needs to be force to change it. That force is the Nation of Domination.

Elimination Chamber qualifier number 2: Lex Luger defeats the Shark. The announcers discuss the Tornado Tag Match from last night, and how Lex Luger showed incredible strength in getting the massive Shark up for the Torture Rack. Schiavone notes that Bobby Heenan is wisely keeping his distance from Luger, making sure to stay outside the ring. As the bell rings, Luger motions to the crowd that he's going to put Shark in the Rack again tonight. As the two lock up, Shark gains the upper hand. Shark whips him to the ropes for a back body drop, but Luger instead hits Shark with a knee, and then charges with a forearm to knock him down. Luger wastes no time in standing up Shark and trying to put him in the Rack, but Shark backs himself into the turnbuckle to try and stay grounded. Luger gives Shark room to come out of the corner, and they go to lock up, when Luger slips behind him and immediately throws Shark into the Torture Rack to get the submission finish.

Chris Benoit and Woman come out to the ring, sporting a new theme song with plenty of cowbell. He grabs a microphone. "Ever since last night, my phone's been ringing off the hook. People want to know: why did I turn my back on Arn Anderson? I think it's fairly obvious. When I turned my back on Ric Flair, I was promised by Arn that he'd lead me to main event status. It's been 10 months, and I'm still in the shadows while those guys he hired are now tag team champions. Arn's not fit to lead a Waffle House, let alone a group of wrestlers. So I did the Arn what I did to Ric. If he's got a problem with that, maybe he should stop listening to Hulk Hogan and come to his senses. You threw me by the wayside, but I've come back, because I am FOR REAL." Both looked good.

The New Blue Bloods defeat Heavy Metal and Ultimo Dragon. Ultimo Dragon and Heavy Metal were out representing Konnan's crew of luchadores. Before the match the New Blue Bloods talked trash about the lucha libre style how its not a pure wrestling style, just like how the people of Mexico are as dirty as they are. Before the New Blue Bloods can get in the ring Metal and Dragon dived out onto them. Metal and Dragon riled up the crowd with their high flying moves, but the New Blue Bloods distracted the referee a few times to get an advantage on Ultimo Dragon, singling him out. Alex Wright hit a bridging German suplex to pick up the win for his team. Alex Wright looked good.

The video cuts to a dark room backstage where Flawless Diamonds stand around the pickaxe symbol. They chant 'Adamas Acentetus'. Hennig breaks the chant. "Page. Raven. Where are the United States and Television Championships?" Raven looks more sullen than he usually does. "I couldn't...Kid Rock is a tougher foe than I had anticipated. I focused so much on eliminating Windham I didn't think about Kid Rock." Page adds: "Eddy Guerrero refuses to face me. There's nothing I can do to convince him to challenge me." "Enough!" shouts Hennig. Silence. "I'm switching your targets. Raven, you will now be going after Eddy Guerrero's Television Championship. Page, you will now seek out Kid Rock's United States Championship." "I second," says Nash, "and I volunteer to represent Flawless Diamonds in the Elimination Chamber." The others look on in shock. Hennig asks "Are you sure?" "Yes. I want to prove I still can win a match by myself, with no offense to Hall. If I don't enter now, I'll never have another chance." The others nod. "I see," says Hennig. "It is confirmed. Diamond Dallas Page shall be the next WCW United States Champion, Raven shall be the next WCW Television Champion, and Kevin Nash shall be the next WCW World Heavyweight Champion." Hennig struggled, but Page and Raven looked good.

Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Sting are seen watching on a monitor in the Four Horsemen dressing room. "This doesn't look good," says Luger. "These people are trying to get their hands on all the gold in WCW! What happens then?" Sting consoles the Total Package: "Come on now, Lex, that's not going to happen. Ric Flair's not losing his title any time soon, right Ric?" "That's right. But if I do lose it, I want the championship in the hands of a Horseman. Luger? I know we're friends, and I'll need your help to keep the title out of Flawless Diamonds' hands, but when it's down to just us, I won't go easy on you." Luger nods in understanding. Flair continues: "And the same goes for Barry. If he gets in the Elimination Chamber, he's getting the full Space Mountain treatment. Woo!" Sting was good, but Luger wasn't.

Elimination Chamber qualifier number 3: Meng defeats Barry Windham. Windham tried to use his Cowboy strength on Meng, but Meng's raw power takes most his offense and keeps getting back up. At one point Windham hit a big western lariat on Meng that didn't even move the islander. Windham tried hitting a second lariat only to be met with a big thrust kick to the jaw. Meng wasn't done and tossed him up in the air just to catch him and drop him with a Samoan drop. Meng then grabbed Windham by the throat and made him submit to the Tongan Death Grip.

A video cuts to the same desert temple the camera's been at the last three times. However the camera is lying on its side in the sand. One or two people run by screaming as pink and green smoke starts covering the camera lens. Someone is heard screaming "He's alive, the Yummy Mummy is alive! We've awaken the delicious curse of the Yummy Mummy. Everyone run the Yummy Mummy has escaped!" A large figure starts lurching through the smoke, but before its image is clear the camera cuts to static.

King Steven Regal appears on the entrance ramp. "Hello, our loyal subjects. It is us, King Steven Regal. Having vanquished the Ultimate Lawyer, we now will have an extended work visa that will last us many more years to come. As for Warrior? Well, let's just say he's going to be busy the next few months. There is one issue we'd like to address. Why aren't we in the Elimination Chamber qualifiers? We've worked hard this past year, beating opponent after opponent, and for what? A pat on the back, a thank you card? No, we deserve more. We deserve the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. If Rick Rude won't give it to us, we'll find a way to change his mind. Now, if you'll excuse us, we're late for our meeting with Mr. Major at 10 Downing. Good evening."

Elimination Chamber qualifier number 4: "Macho Man" Randy Savage defeats V.K. Wallstreet. Savage kind of blew past VK Wallstreet. Wallstreet seemed to have a chance to a light set under him from beating Eaton last night, but facing Savage was a whole different beast. Wallstreet tried getting Savage up for an airplane spin, but Savage kept elbowing VK in the head to get out of the hold. Savage grabbed Wallstreet from behind and bulldog guillotined him on the top rope. Savage then climbed to the top and it his diving elbow drop on Wallstreet to gain his spot in the Chamber. Savage was off his game.

Bobby Heenan is backstage in the Heenan Family locker room. He shouts at Morrus and Bigelow to leave him so he can talk to the two men that were in Qualifying matches tonight. Heenan begins to praise Meng, who doesn't seem to care one way or another as he just stares off into space intensely. Heenan then changes his tone of voice when he gets to Shark. He calls him a fat blubber idiot who came off as more of a guppy than a Shark these last few matches. He wonders if the Shark has gotten too soft hanging out with Morrus before telling Shark to get out of his sight.

Also backstage, "Champagne" Chris Kanyon is tending to V.K. Wallstreet. "Come on, cheer up Vinny! Sure, you're not the the Elimination Chamber, but so what? There will be other times to get the World title." "It's not that, Chris. It's...those wieners. I don't own those wieners. Even though I showed the world I was better than Bobby Eaton, I still don't own his dogs. I don't have to own all of them; 51% will do. If I owned those hot dogs, by golly I'd have so much vim I'd run roughshod over WCW, and the World Championship would be mine! Bobby Eaton MUST sell his company to me!"

Elimination Chamber qualifier number 5: Kevin Nash defeats the Giant. The Giant and Kevin Nash start the match with a stare-down, with both men talking a lot of trash. Neither Scott Hall or Booker T are ringside, Nash does tries whip Giant into the ropes, but Giant refuses to budge. Giant instead twists Nash's wrists as Nash freaks out before kicking Giant off. Nash throws and elbow at Giant that gets him right in the shoulder and then follows up with a knee to the gut. Giant shoves Nash almost across the ring and comes charging in, only to crash into the referee who was pulled into Nash's place. When Giant realizes this it is too late because Nash nails him with the WCW Tag Team Title. Nash wakes the referee up and then covers Giant to steal his spot in the Chamber match and to end Nitro. Lack of selling in the match, though.

B- show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

quote:

Perry Saturn defeats Rob Van Dam with a Rings of Saturn.

Psicosis was cutting in-ring promo, but got interrupted by Rey Misterio, Jr.

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. defeats Norman Smiley with a Gory Bomb.

Bobby Heenan cuts a pre-tape promo about Rick Steiner.

Bobby Eaton defeats Mark Starr with a Wiener Jam.

Glacier runs into Shinya Hashimoto backstage. Glacier puts Hashimoto over.

Glacier defeats El Dandy with a Cryon-Bomb.

Another Teddy Long promo about the Nation of Domination.

The Nation of Domination defeat the American Males and Disco Inferno when Simmons hits Riggs with snap scoop powerslam pin.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
COMING UP THIS SUNDAY, PRESENTED BY THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION, IT'S

quote:

THE HARDCORE LEGEND VS. THE HARDCORE LEGEND, WHEN FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk

THE STAFF CAPTAIN OF ALBANO'S FLEET DEFENDS HIS INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE CANADIAN ROCK STAR AND THE CONNECTICUT BLUEBLOOD IN A LADDER MATCH

Jerry Lynn (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

THE DECEPTIVE POWER TRIP MEMBER SQUARES OFF AGAINST THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN WITH THE PAN-AMERICAN BELT ON THE LINE

Brian Pillman (c) vs. Mark Henry

FOUR TAG TEAMS FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO BE THE #1 CONTENDER

Legion of Violence (Ken Shamrock and Shigeki Sato, with Jimmy Hart) vs. The Dudleyz (Buh-Buh Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley, with Dirty Dutch Dudley) vs. Kerrang! (Hardcore Holly and Bart Gunn, with Marlena) vs. The Dark Carnival (Doink the Clown and Vampiro, with Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J)

CHRIS JERICHO TEAMS UP WITH RODDY PIPER TO DEFEND THEIR TAG TITLES AGAINST THE BRITISH BULLDOG and Skunkrocker

The Brave Lions (c) (Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper) vs. The British Bulldog and Skunkrocker with Jim Cornette

THE DEMON FROM DEATH VALLEY CAPTURES HIS GREATEST FOE YET INSIDE A HELLISH CELL

The Undertaker vs. Goldust

TWO SUBMISSION MASTERS CAUGHT IN A WAR

Taz vs. Steve Corino

FOUR OF THE WWF'S GREATEST, ALL ON DIFFERENT PATHS, MEET TOGETHER ON THE GRANDEST STAGE FOR THE GREATEST HONOR IN WRESTLING TODAY - WITH NO RULES

Owen Hart (c) vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart vs. Vader

CALL YOUR LOCAL PAY-PER-VIEW PROVIDER TODAY!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Completely baseless predictions:

Cactus Jack
Jerry Lynn
Mark Henry
The Dudleyz
The Brave Lions
The Undertaker
Taz
Owen Hart, then Goldust

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
Predictions are 100% encouraged and allowed, by the way. Forgot to mention that.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

THE HARDCORE LEGEND VS. THE HARDCORE LEGEND, WHEN FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk vs Skunkrocker

THE STAFF CAPTAIN OF ALBANO'S FLEET DEFENDS HIS INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE CANADIAN ROCK STAR AND THE CONNECTICUT BLUEBLOOD IN A LADDER MATCH

Jerry Lynn (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Skunkrocker

THE DECEPTIVE POWER TRIP MEMBER SQUARES OFF AGAINST THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN WITH THE PAN-AMERICAN BELT ON THE LINE

Brian Pillman (c) vs. Mark Henry vs Skunkrocker

FOUR TAG TEAMS FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO BE THE #1 CONTENDER

Legion of Violence (Ken Shamrock and Shigeki Sato, with Jimmy Hart) vs. The Dudleyz (Buh-Buh Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley, with Dirty Dutch Dudley) vs. Kerrang! (Hardcore Holly and Bart Gunn, with Marlena) vs. The Dark Carnival (Doink the Clown and Vampiro, with Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J) vs Skunkrocker

CHRIS JERICHO TEAMS UP WITH RODDY PIPER TO DEFEND THEIR TAG TITLES AGAINST THE BRITISH BULLDOG and Skunkrocker

The Brave Lions (c) (Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper) vs. The British Bulldog and Skunkrocker with Jim Cornette

THE DEMON FROM DEATH VALLEY CAPTURES HIS GREATEST FOE YET INSIDE A HELLISH CELL

The Undertaker vs. Goldust vs Skunkrocker

TWO SUBMISSION MASTERS CAUGHT IN A WAR

Taz vs. Steve Corino vs Skunkrocker

FOUR OF THE WWF'S GREATEST, ALL ON DIFFERENT PATHS, MEET TOGETHER ON THE GRANDEST STAGE FOR THE GREATEST HONOR IN WRESTLING TODAY - WITH NO RULES

Owen Hart (c) vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart vs. Vader vs Skunkrocker

CALL YOUR LOCAL PAY-PER-VIEW PROVIDER TODAY!

I win at everything.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Legion of Violence (Ken Shamrock and Shigeki Sato, with Jimmy Hart) vs. The Dudleyz (Buh-Buh Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley, with Dirty Dutch Dudley) vs. Kerrang! (Hardcore Holly and Bart Gunn, with Marlena) vs. The Dark Carnival (Doink the Clown and Vampiro, with Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J)

Taz vs. Steve Corino

Xerzes posted:

they're going to walk out with all the singles belts that night.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's freaking weird to think that we're only at Wrestlemania 13.

Most people consider the Attitude Era to have started with Austin's win over HBK with Tyson at Mania 14, and WCW's peak period started with Sting's win over Hogan and the NWO at Starrcade '97. Austin 3:16 at King of the Ring and Hogan's betrayal at Bash at the Beach were huge moments in wrestling history, but they were only the tip of the iceberg.

The whole game so far has only been the prelude.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Skunkrocker posted:

I win at everything.

Replace Skunkrocker with Yummy Mummy and that's my post.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Brave Lions (c) (Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper) vs. The British Bulldog and Some Jobber with Jim Cornette

Taz vs. Steve Corino

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Brave Lions (c) (Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper) vs. The British Bulldog and A true hero of the people with Jim Cornette

(MY CLIENT etc.)

Taz vs. Steve Corino

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

wcwwrestling.com posted:

FROM THE PEN OF THE SHARK

OK, so I've been through a rough patch recently. Things have not been going my way, nor Carlito's Way. Well, I'll do something that Bam Bam Bigelow couldn't do, and that's beat Rick Steiner! THEN people will see me as the true star of the Heenan Family! Take notice, Rick, because you're going to see The Revenge.

-The Shark

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
WWF, let's try to get Wrestlemania posted today.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JoeRules posted:

WWF, let's try to get Wrestlemania posted today.

I'm gonna be a little busy watching Summerslam. I can get promos and video packages written up, but matches'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DiBiase, LLC posted:

Greetings and welcome to another edition of the Million Dollar Blog, where EVERYBODY'S got a post.

Now normally, I'd be putting the odds for our upcoming Pay-Per-View right here, but today, I have a special treat for my readers, straight from the man himself.

The following message does not reflect the views or opinions of WWF as an entity or any WWF staff

FROM THE FUCKTRAIN, YA DANGUS! posted:

WELL I HEARD A LOTTA PEOPLE KNOW THE FUCKTRAIN'S COMIN'! COMIN' ALL DAY, COMIN' ALL NIGHT, COMIN' ALL OVER THE PLACE, BABY! SO LEMME MAKE SOMETHING REAL FUCKIN' CLEAR! I KNOW THE PEOPLE OVER AT SKY ARE A LITTLE NAMBY PAMBY ABOUT THE TYPE OF STUFF THE FUCKTRAIN LIKES TO DO, SO I JUST WANNA SAY I DON'T CARE, AND I AIN'T SCARED! FINE ME! I CAN GET MONEY IF I NEED IT!

TO ALL YOU BIBLE-THUMPIN', PURSE-CLUTCHIN', MONOCLE-POPPIN' CENSORS: YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YOUR PSALMS, YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YOUR JOHN 3:16, BUT FUCKTRAIN 69 SAYS I JUST LICKED YOUR rear end!

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Looks like Wrestlemania will be up in the next 24 hours, so let me make one more push for nominations for our awards in the first year of the game: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tL9yyAky-iXc-a3jwkL6vYXkRBVdgXxunU4NvJb0aFk/viewform?usp=send_form

Everyone is welcome to fill it out - current writers, former writers, everyone - and you can fill out as much or as little as you like. You can also come back later and add matches from WrestleMania if you submit before it's posted.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I've been sitting in front of my TV waiting forever now but wrestlemania won't come on. gonna call my cable provider soon

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sk posted:

I've been sitting in front of my TV waiting forever now but wrestlemania won't come on. gonna call my cable provider soon

Sorry, the ppv was preempted by the Westminster dog show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Clearly the monday night wars are in full effect and WWE stole the WCW writers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CountingBlueCars - Usenet posted:

I'm still working on the Wrestlemania writeup, but for now I can give you the dark matches.

Dark: Liger vs. Mero vs. Bollea

Dark: Tatanka and Tom Prichard vs. Backlund and Bossman

Dark: Backlund and HBK promo. Backlund struggled offscript.

Dark: The Fucktrain won a 30-man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal celebrating the 10th anniversary of Wrestlemania 3 by finally eliminating Kane. Stevie Ray, Dave Taylor, and Rocky Maivia were also finalists, and Kane got the most eliminations.

Dark: Ted DiBiase celebrates with Fucktrain until Warrior comes out and runs them out.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bracing for Fucktrain to be buried for the next 6 months.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
WRESTLEMANIA IS CANCELLED. NO REFUNDS.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

We are doing our best to give you a writeup worthy of Wrestlemania, and that might take a little more time. Please be patient.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

We are doing our best to give you a writeup worthy of Wrestlemania, and that might take a little more time. Please be patient.

Just remember how many times you guys busted my chops for lengthy write-ups taking long periods of time and I'll wait till the cows come home.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Just remember how many times you guys busted my chops for lengthy write-ups taking long periods of time and I'll wait till the cows come home.

Sorry, especially since the main event looks like it'll be a behemoth.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

Card subject to change.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
:siren: WWF has 24 hours to post WrestleMania, or else they will forfeit the public poll that's set to happen. :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

JoeRules posted:

:siren: WWF has 24 hours to post WrestleMania, or else they will forfeit the public poll that's set to happen. :siren:

:drat:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JoeRules posted:

We're almost done, we just have one match to finish up.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

We're almost done, we just have one match to finish up.

He's trying to figure out how many more ways he can bury Marty before season 2 ends.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

heymanhustle@aol.com posted:

Dark: Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Marc Mero vs. Scotty Bollea, Mero pins Bollea with the Shooting Star Press
Dark: Tatanka and Tom Prichard vs. Bob Backlund and Box Office Bossman, Backlund submits Tom Prichard with the Crossface Chickenwing
Dark: Bob Backlund and HBK promo
Dark: The Fucktrain won a 30-man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal celebrating the 10th anniversary of Wrestlemania 3 by finally eliminating Kane. Stevie Ray, Dave Taylor, and Rocky Maivia were also finalists, and Kane got the most eliminations.
Dark: Ted DiBiase celebrates with Fucktrain until Warrior comes out and runs them out.

WrestleMania 13: The Unlucky Number began with a video package, with Vince McMahon providing voice-over over a montage of Wrestlemania moments (Warrior beating Hogan, Savage winning the title, Steamboat pinning Savage, Michaels/Razor, THE BOYHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE, Hulk Hogan headbutting the Soviet flag)

"THEY CALL IT THE GRANDEST STAGE! THE GRANDDADDY OF THEM ALL! THE SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS! WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESTLLLLLLEEEMAAAAAAAAANIAAAAA!

Tonight we see amazing brutality, as Cactus Jack and Terry Funk go one on one in a no rules Falls Count Anywhere match! We see amazing action in the Intercontinental Championship ladder match between Chris Jericho, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and unofficial champion Jerry Lynn! Goldust will face the Undertaker 1 on 1 in a cage like you have never seen before! And in the main event, WWF Champion Owen Hart defends against his own brother Bret, the Mastodon Vader, and the 1997 Royal Rumble winner STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!"

We then saw a video package for Cactus Jack vs. Terry Funk, going over Cactus' history of violence, including a few clips from the King Of The Deathmatch finals in Japan. It also went over Funk's attempts to bring the monster out of Mick, and their confrontations prior to this match.

Terry Funk makes his entrance by storming in with a running chainsaw, running it against the guard rails so a hail of sparks goes off, and generally freaking out the crowd.

Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk, Falls Count Anywhere

As soon as the bell rang, Cactus and Funk went at it, just brutalizing each other with strikes. Eventually, Cactus goes for a headbutt, which staggers Funk, allowing Cactus to hit a Cactus Clothesline over the ropes, leaving both men outside. The two brawl for a bit outside, and eventually go backstage into the concession stands, smashing each other with food objects like popcorn machines and hot dog tongs.

Funk and Foley, both bleeding and dog-tired, tried several unsuccessful covers during this time, and eventually made their way to the crowd in the upper decks. Terry goes for a chain shot to knock out Foley, but missed! Leaning against the railing, Funk plans his next shot when Mick Foley out of nowhere clatters him with a chair, and knocks him over the railing with a clothesline! After the fall to the ring floor, and to the tune of "HE'S HARDCORE" chants, Foley stands on the railing, takes one look at what's he's about to do, and hits the Flying Cactus Elbow straight onto Terry Funk! That got a huge pop from the fans, indeed! One academic Double-Arm DDT later, and Mick Foley wins!

While the ring was being cleaned, the TitanTron showed Triple H's mansion, which contained Steve Austin hunched over with gallons upon gallons of milk. "I'm sick of those goddamn Harts! First that balloon-looking lush Neidhart banned my **** because he's too goddamned stupid to drive in a straight line, and now those pieces of trash are the only thing standing between me and the WWF title! And when I Stunner the hell out of that little nugget of poo poo, I can't even celebrate with a Steve******! If that ain't some bullshit, I don't know what is! So I'm gonna take all this anger out on Owen, his goddamn brother Bret, and that fat piece of trash Vader just for good measure! And that's the bottom line, 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!" Austin then bashes 2 cartons of milk together and guzzles them as the camera cut back to the arena for the Intercontinential Title ladder match.

The camera pans to Howard Finkel announcing the next match. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, is the ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship! Introducing first, one-half of the Tag Team Champions, and a real Canadian rock-and-roller, Chris Jericho!" Jericho enters first without the help of Piper. The commentators mention that Jericho requested that his tag partner not accompany him to the ring today, in part because of McMahon's orders that only managers appear at ringside, and Jericho's drive to prove himself. "Introducing second, he is a former Tag Team champion, one-third of the Three Man Power Trip, and the Connecticut Blueblood, Hunter Hearst Helmsley!" Hunter enters via carriage for this match to a huge hometown pop, scowling at the loss of Brian Pillman's championship reign. "And finally, the current reigning Intercontinental Champion, and the Staff Captain of Captain Lou Albano's Captain's Crew, Jerry Lynn!" Lynn appears with his fake Intercontinental Championship, using it as a plate for his and Albano's hamburgers.

The match starts with all three men looking at each other, wondering what to do in a triple threat ladder match. Jericho and HHH start throwing fists at each other as Jerry Lynn sneakily runs out of the ring to create a ladder. When Lynn throws it into the ring, Jericho and HHH notice and they baseball slide the ladder into both Albano and Lynn. Focusing his attention back to Jericho, Hunter attempts to get back into the fight, but instead runs to the announcers table and takes two mics, throwing one to a quizzical Chris Jericho.

"Well, that's nice of you, Hunter. Change of heart?" Jericho puts his hand up. "It doesn't matter, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, TAKE MY INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE AWAY EVER AG-"

"Just shut up, Chris! Use that maple syrup addled head for a moment!"

"Use it for what, YOU WORTHLESS, HAIR-DYED-" Chris Jericho never finished the sentence, as Jerry Lynn snuck up from behind and hit him with the fake Intercontinential Championship.

All three heels take turns beating on Chris Jericho in the corner, until HHH turns on Jerry Lynn and starts beating on him instead. Captain Lou Albano seperates the two, providing a distraction for Jerry Lynn to knock HHH with the title!

Jerry Lynn is climbing the ladder... getting higher and higher... fingertips away... when glass shatters! Not Stone Cold, but the sound of Chris Jericho throwing Perrier bottles at Jerry Lynn's feet! The surprise causes Lynn to fall from the ladder onto Albano's arms, leading Jericho into a clear path towards the title.

On the other side, a recovering Hunter is also climbing the ladder, at the same time as Jericho. They both get close, both fingertips away... until Triple H gets the Pedigree in position at the top rung! He goes for the jump, but Jericho keeps his feet in position on the ladder! He back body drops Hunter off of the ladder, onto both Albano and Lynn. No one is left standing, so Chris Jericho climbs the last few steps... and unhooks the title! Chris Jericho is the new Intercontinental Champion, as JR screams from the headsets about this being a "CARRER-DEFINING MOMENT" for the young Canadian.

After the match, Piper celebrates with Jericho, who walks to the back holding the IC belt high. Jericho gets in the cameraman's face and says to the viewers at home that the IC title now belongs to one bad mamma-jamma.

The next match of the night is Brian Pillman against Mark Henry for the Pan-American Title! Henry came out slowly, without Stan Hansen by his side, dressed in an all-black singlet. Pillman also came out alone, splashing four bottles of Perrier all over his face and jittered down to the ring with a bug-eyed pair of eyes.

When the bell rings, Brian Pillman sprints out of the ring and goes to ringside searching for something to hold that can be used as a weapon while being chased by Mark Henry. Pillman causes a diversion by tossing his bottles of Perrier on the ground before gut-checking Henry with his Pan-American title. He smashes the title over Henry's face several times while the refferee is driving away the shards of glass, until Mark Henry fights back and throws Brian Pillman into the ringside pole. Henry then stands on the outside of the apron, lays Pillman down on the ground, grabs his ankles... and slingshots him over the ropes and into the ring!

From there, Mark Henry dominates, ragdolling the high-flyer around with shoulder checks and clubbing blows until Pillman can no longer stand. The ending comes when, with the last of his energy, Brian Pillman hits a springboard flying forearm, knocking the giant down! He then goes for a top-rope corkscrew crossbody, but Mark Henry catches him and gives the World's Strongest Slam! 1, 2, 3! As the silver number 22 pops up on the titantron as Mark Henry is recognized as the new Pan-American champion!

As Pillman is hauled to the back by Austin, screaming "THIS ISN'T OVER YET" so loud that the nosebleeds could hear it, Mark Henry grabs a microphone. "Hey, sucka, remember one thing about this day, your first WrestleMania: I just inducted you into the Hall of Pain." Pillman's face flushes pale as those words ring in his head, then shines bright red as he carves a path towards the ring where Henry stands, waiting. The moment he enters, Mark Henry lifts him up and delivers one last World's Strongest Slam. The lights go dark as the last image from the match is Mark Henry, arms folded standing over a shaking Brian Pillman.

The tag #1 contenders' match is up next. Finkel explains that the contest is scheduled for one fall, there will be one team in each corner with two legal men in the ring, and no disqualifications.

Legion of Violence (Shamrock & Shigeki) vs. The Dudleys (Bubba Ray & D-Von) vs. Kerrang! (Bob Holly & Bart Gunn) vs. The Dark Carnival (Doink & Vampiro)

Bart Gunn and Vampiro start off. Bart gets the upper hand quickly, pummeling Vampiro with strikes, tagging in Bob Holly and hitting a double clothesline. He goes for the cover after a vertical suplex, but Bubba Ray makes the blind tag on Bob and goes for the cover, but Vampiro kicks out and fights back into it. He whips Bubba into the ropes, where Shigeki tags him! Vampiro powerslams Bubba on the rebound, but doesn't realize Sato was tagged in until he takes a big roundhouse kick. A few hard kicks and a bridging suplex get a 2 because Doink and Bob Holly run in to break it up.

Vampiro's in bad shape at this point and reaches for the tag to Doink, but D-Von tags himself in. Doink gets angry and goes in anyway to double-team D-Von with Vampiro, and things start breaking down as Bubba re-enters to help out his brother. Bubba whips Sato into the corner and goes for a clothesline, but Ken Shamrock tags in on Sato and here comes Shamrock! Back elbow drops Bubba Ray, who rolls out, reaches under the ring and gets a table! He sets it up on the outside and motions for D-Von, but Bob Holly comes up from behind and hits a massive Alabama Slam on Bubba through his own table! This distracts D-Von, which allows Shamrock to get the double leg takedown and apply the Ankle Lock! Vampiro sees what's going on and runs in to break it up, but D-Von can't see him and taps out!

As Sato and Shamrock celebrate in the ring, Jimmy Hart cuts a promo. "Well, baby, whoever holds the tag team gold at the end of tonight's tag title match better watch out, because there's a target right in the middle of their back," at this point turning around to show the hard cam that on the back of his jacket for is an airbrushing of the WWF Tag Team Titles with crosshairs on them, "and come In Your House 15, the Legion Of Violence will have you in their sights!"

“Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest is a tag team match scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WWF Tag Team Championship! Introducing first, accompanied by Jim Cornette, at a combined weight of 486 pounds, The British Bulldog and Skunkrocker Marty Jannetty, Camp Cornette!”

Bulldog's music hits and he and Skunk come out, Cornette in tow. The three of them look more serious than they ever have. Cornette sits down at the announce table, almost shoving Piper out of his seat, yelling at him to get ready for his match.

“And their opponents, at a combined weight of 457 Pounds, they are the WWF Tag Team Champions, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Chris Jericho, the Brave Lions!”

Piper is standing in the ring, shaking his head as Jericho comes down, showboating. He plays around with the two titles, and when he gets into the ring, he tries to hold Piper's arm up, celebrating as if they already won, but Piper just pulls his hand away.

Ding Ding Ding! The match starts. Jericho and Skunk start it off. Jericho tries to go for a quick pin by hitting a Codebreaker on Skunk early. He plays to the crowd a little, confident that Skunkrocker would be unable to get up even after 10 seconds. Finally, after Piper yells at him, he goes for the cover.

1...2... NO! Skunk kicks out, and Jericho can't believe it! Jericho attempts to go for another Codebreaker, but by the time he turns back to Skunk, he's tagged out, and Bulldog is there, and easily deflects the attempt. He follows this up by beating down Jericho. Punch after punch lands, as Jericho is starting to struggle to stay on his feet. Piper is riling up the audience as he tries his hardest to get Jericho to tag him in. Skunk is in his corner, cheering Bulldog on, and distinctly NOT trying to get tagged in.

Jericho eventually manages to get Bulldog down for a second after Bulldog attempts a clothesline that Jericho ducks, and whips him into Skunkrocker. As Camp Cornette is down, Jericho finally makes the tag to Piper!

Piper comes in, knocks down Bulldog with a lariat, hits Skunkrocker with a punch that sends him sprawling down onto the apron, and immediately locks on a Sleeper onto a woozy Bulldog. “See? Simple but effective! Not showy like your stuff,” he yells at Jericho. Bulldog takes advantage of this distraction to make a jump at the ropes, which he gets to! The ref counts to five, and Piper lets go at 4.

Not giving him any time to catch his breath, Piper is on Bulldog again, hitting him with jab after jab. Bulldog tries to get out of the ring to catch his breath, but Jericho blocks his path, and Piper starts corralling him to the center of the ring. Just as he's about down for the count, Bulldog ducks a jab, and slams him onto the ground.

At this point, Bulldog goes on a full offensive. Kicking Piper in the head, he goes for a clothesline that Piper counters into a whip. Bulldog is sent barreling into Jericho's corner, where Jericho is distracted trying to pump up the crowd. Piper is concerned for Jericho, and snaps himself out...

...right into a powerslam from Bulldog. 1...2...3! The British Bulldog and Skunkrocker are the new WWF Tag Team Champions! Skunk can barely contain his joy as he's handed the title!

After the match, Jericho picks Piper up after taking the pin. While Piper tries to awkwardly stand and balance on Jericho's shoulder, Jericho slaps Piper and walks away.

The lights went dark, and the Titantron began to play a video package for the Goldust/Undertaker match, although it could more accurately be called a trailer.

A SHATTERED DREAMS PRODUCTION

"In a world swept in chaos, one man has the power..." footage of Goldust raising the urn and controlling the Undertaker after plays.

"...to make a stand, to grasp the most valuable prize imaginable..." Undertaker chokeslams the (first) Ultimate Warrior off the ladder in the first ever Money In The Bank match, allowing Goldust to grab the briefcase.

"...and to prevail against the toughest forces." Undertaker and Kane brawl as the final two of the Hollywood Undead/Bearer's Bonds Survivor Series match.

"But after a chilling betrayal..." Undertaker destroys the urn and eliminates Goldust from the Royal Rumble.

"...former partners will be forced to wage war..." Goldust raining chairshots onto the Undertaker at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

"...in what may be the most important war the WWF has ever been witness to. The Silver Screen Sensation meets the Deadman... and may God have mercy on his soul."

The screen turns to static and a dark cloaked individual can be seen in the static. In a booming voice, he intones "Goldust, your cowardice has served you well so far, but tonight there'll be no escape from the clutches... of hell."

AND NOW YOUR FEATURE PRESENTATION

An old Western horse-drawn hearse is driven down the ramp, and morticians carry a casket out and place it in the ring. Undertaker rises from it, but he is immideately interrupted by...

Goldust singing "That's Entertainment" on his way to the ring, backed up by dancers and a band.

As the final strains of That's Entertainment played, an ominous tune faded in, as we were informed by the ring announcer that this is "A cage unlike any other, the most frightening and disturbing enclosure ever devised by modern man. It is, in so few words... Hell in a Cell." The cage was lowered into the arena as Goldust seemed to panic, and if I didn't know better, I'd say the Undertaker also seemed a little afraid.

As the match began, Goldust ran around the cage avoiding the Undertaker, and looking almost desperately at the roof of the cage. Eventually, Taker caught up to him, and they proceeded to brawl, with Undertaker taking every opportunity to mar Goldust's face paint by putting his face to the unforgiving steel. Goldust turned the tables after a low blow, using the cage wall to add even more punishing force to chair strikes. He wore down Undertaker's body, and once Taker seemed down for the count Goldust began to climb the wall of the cage. Once he reached the top, Undertaker sat up. As Goldust tried to pry through the joint between the roof and wall of the cell, Undertaker pulled him down into position for a Last Ride Powerbomb, but Goldust reversed it into a DDT before rolling Taker into the ring.

1...2, Taker kicked out, and Goldust went back onto offense with a chair, trying to keep Taker down. As he did this, he looked around the cell. Eventually, his eyes lit up, and he delivered one massive chairshot to the Undertaker before clambering up the wall of the cell, towards a camera. A hole had been cut into the side of the cell to allow the camera to film the match, and Goldust climbed, Winnie The Pooh-esque, through the opening before tumbling out to the floor. Piper, Gene, and JR all expressed confusion as Goldust started to celebrate, even doing a victory lap before he noticed that he had not been declared the winner. Goldust did not notice Undertaker sitting back up, his face beginning to bleed after some of the particularly brutal chairshots earlier had busted him open. The ref informed the irate Goldust that in this match, there is no victory for escaping the cage. Goldust began to argue, but he was stopped mid-sentence by the sound of crashing metal, as Undertaker ripped a panel off the cage, stared at Goldust, and rolled his eyes back in his head while dragging his thumb across his throat. poo poo had just gotten real.

Goldust and Undertaker exchanged blows on the outside, but the Undertaker seemed to be unaffected by Goldust's strikes, wearing him down before Irish Whipping him into the cage and to the ring through the hole left by the panel Taker ripped off. As Goldust's back hit the hard metal apron, Taker wound up for a running clothesline, but Goldust rolled back into the ring. Goldust caught his breath for a precious few seconds as Taker lumbered forebodingly to the ring, his head down. Taker stopped in front of the ring, and lifted his face up, staring daggers at Goldust as his face was covered in blood. As Taker got back in the ring, Goldust tried to head him off with cheap shots, but Taker saw it coming, and hit him with a chokeslam, before going for the cover.

1...2...2.9, Goldust kiceds out, and immediately began to get back on offense, dragging Taker up and hitting the Curtain Call. As Goldust took a moment to play to the crowd, taking a bow, Taker began to sit up, though much less swiftly than usual, and Goldust tried to beat him back down. This time, Taker's eyes rolled back into his head, and he didn't register Goldust's strikes, eventually catching one and reversing it into the Tombstone Piledriver. He hit it, but he couldn't stay up for the usual pin, just collapsing onto Goldust.

1...2...3. Undertaker won.

Backstage, Skunkrocker, Bulldog, and Cornette are celebrating with grape soda. Skunk: "YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT! YOU WON US THE TAG TEAM TITLES! AND I MANAGED NOT TO SCREW IT UP! HOORAY!" Cornette: "Skunk, you better keep a close eye on these tag titles, because if they find their way to some other team... you might be finding your way to another manager."

After the huge Hell in a Cell Goldust vs Undertaker match, we were at the dead spot of the show. Poor Taz and Steve Corino came out for their match and to their credit they put on a hell of a match given the circumstances. The moment the bell rings, Steve Corino immediately slides out of the ring and Taz gives chase around the ring. Corino slides back into the ring and as Taz follows, tries to ambush Taz as he enters the ring with a couple of kicks. However, Taz sees it coming, catching Corino's foot, throwing it back down and hitting a big overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Corino scatters outside the ring again to regroup and talk strategy with Ted DiBiase, who had gotten a section of the front row seats cordoned off for himself. Taz interrupts their pow-wow with several stiff uppercuts to Corino's jaw that send Corino on his back, but before Taz can capitalize, DiBiase starts pulling on Taz's singlet. Taz throws a wild haymaker at Ted, hitting nothing but air, but DiBiase's distraction has given Corino enough time to collect himself and put Taz into the Million Dollar Dream! Taz futilely flails and struggles, but Corino has it locked in tight! As Taz's consciousness fades, Corino releases the hold and rolls Taz into the ring along with himself before the referee can make the 10-count.

Corino targets Taz's neck and head while he's down with several vicious Garvin Stomps and then turns to Ted DiBiase for approval, who gives a standing round of applause for Corino. With Corino's attention off him for a moment, Taz springs to action with release german suplex but Corino is aware enough to land on his feet. Corino tries to boot Taz in the face but Taz again catches Corino's foot. Before Taz can react, Corino hits an enzuigiri but Taz is still standing and holding Corino by the foot as Corino hits the mat. Corino tries to scramble to the ropes but Taz puts his full weight on Corino's back and cinches in the Tazmission! Corino is completely helpless in the hold and as the ref checks on the competitors, DiBiase hops over the barricade and starts untying one of the top turnbuckle pads. As Corino raises his hand to tap out, DiBiase pulls at the ref's shirt and starts yelling at him. DiBiase leads the referee to the other side of the ring and as the referee ejects DiBiase from the arena to cheers. As the crowd cheers, Corino starts tapping out but the ref is still occupied with seeing DiBiase out. Mistakenly thinking he's won, Taz releases the Tazmission on Corino and walks over to the ref to have his hand raised in victory.

The ref tells a confused Taz that the match is still going on since he neither heard or saw any tap out and as Taz turns back to Corino, he eats a superkick from the Million Dollar Prodigy. Corino takes the dazed Taz over to the exposed turnbuckle and begins repeatedly bashing Taz's head into it before Taz hits a desperation elbow into Corino's nose. As Taz staggers backwards out of the corner, a bloody nosed Corino is already on Taz and tries to lock in the Million Dollar Dream. Taz tries to block it but a couple knee strikes to the back of Taz's spine allows Corino to cinch it in. Taz struggles for a while, trying to get near the ropes but eventually his strength begins to sap from him as he's fingertips away from the ropes. In a last ditch effort, Taz drops to his knees and throws his weight forward which proves successful as Corino's skull crashes into the exposed turnbuckle. As a small trickle of blood runs down Corino's forehead, he tries an enzuigiri again but Taz counters it with a Dragon Screw. Corino barely has enough time to get his bearings as Taz comes barrelling down and hits the Angry Man's Clothesline. Taz puts the downed Corino in the Tazmission and before Corino taps out, the Million Dollar Prodigy begins to weep like a baby. Despite being in the death spot of the card, the crowd got decently heated for this match, which is testament to the wrestlers involved.

Howard Finkel announced an intermission right before the main event to give us time to take a piss break (or, in my case, write these results). Main event coming soon.

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 23, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

During the break, here's an unused logo for this Wrestlemania.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We at the WWF would like to thank the viewing audience for their patience in working out these technical difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

heymanhustle@aol.com posted:

After that intermission, we got a video package for our main event, running down everything that led us to this Fearsome Foursome for the WWF title: Shawn Michaels running the Camp Cornette gauntlet and falling to Vader at SummerSlam, Owen Hart turning his back on Jim Cornette and defeating Vader for the title at the Royal Rumble, Steve Austin winning the Royal Rumble amid contreversy with Bret Hart, and Vader's desire for a proper world title rematch.

Vader special entrance: As the PA began to blare "IT'S TIME! IT'S TIME! IT'S! VADER! TIME!", Vader walked out in a massive metal piece of headgear, almost resembling an elephant if designed by HR Giger. As he turned to face the ring, a hard camera somewhere behind commentary crash-zoomed right up onto his face, and the mask began to belch steam as Vader marched to the ring, Cornette by his side.

Bret Hart special entrance: As a highlight reel of his accomplishments plays(holding the tag titles, the IC title, the WWF title), Bret Hart enters with Stu and Helen Hart by his side. He holds the ropes open for them, and as they all hug in the ring, pink pyro hits from the turnbuckles.

Austin special entrance: Austin rides through a pane of glass in the entranceway on a Harley, serving as the breaking glass stinger of his theme song. He poses on the turnbuckle, flipping off Vader, Bret, and the audience.

Owen Hart special entrance: In a previously darkened part of the stage, a spotlight shines on a gleaming metallic pyramid. The top of the pyramid opens, revealing French House superstars Daft Punk. They begin to play a mix of Owen Hart's theme and Around The World from their recently released album Homework (mashup credited to flatluigi). Owen is in there with them, holding the handle to a zipline. He rolls it back and forth a few times, but instead decides to slide down the side of the pyramid, title in his hands, gleeful as a kid on a playground. He nails the dismount, and gets a round of applause from the crowd.

Owen walks to the ring with a spring in his step and a funky little shuffle in his gait, obviously pumped to be defending his title on the grandest stage of them all, and quickly hugs Stu and Helen at ringside before entering the ring and holding his belt high, pyro shooting from Daft Punk's pyramid as he does so.

With all the competitors in the ring, Howard Finkel begins "Ladies and gentlemen of all ages, it's time for our main event! The following match is a Fearsome Foursome elimination match for the WWF World Heavyweight Title! In this match there are no time limits, no countouts and no disqualifications. The winner of the match will be determined when all of his opponents have been eliminated by pinfall, submission or knockout. Introducing first the challengers: hailing from the Rocky Mountains, weighing in at over 400 pounds, The Man They Call Vader!" Vader stomps his way to the middle of the ring and raises both arms in a the air making V signs with his hands as the crowd loudly boos him.
"Next coming from Victoria, Texas and weighing in at around 250 pounds, Stone Cold Steve Austin!" Austin refuses to take center stage, instead opting to lounge in his corner instead and flip everyone the bird to boos not quite as loud as Vader's.
"And rounding off the challengers, this man hails from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and weighed in at two and a quarter hundred pounds, he is the Excellence of Execution, the Best There Is, the Best There Was and the Best There Ever Will Be, the Pink and Black Attack, Bret The Hitman Hart!" Bret exits the ring and gives a small child in the front row of the crowd his shades and receives a hearty round of applause and cheers.
"Finally, the WWF Heavyweight Champion of the Woooooooorld! He is also a native of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and weighing in at just under 225 pounds, he is the 1996 King of the Ring, the Rocket, Owen Hart!" Owen raises his title in the air, garnering an equal amount of cheers that Bret earned, and Owen lets out a "Wooooo!" eliciting Finkel to joke "Hey, that's copyrighted by another company," nabbing a couple laughs from the crowd and a grin from Owen. Finkel exits the ring as Owen hands the WWF title over to referee to hold up to show the prize that all four competitors are fighting for. The bell rings and we're finally off!

Steve Austin has barely anytime to react to the bell being rung to get out of his corner as Bret Hart is immediately onto Austin with quick strikes and shoulders to his midsection. Austin tugs on Bret's hair, then pokes the Hart in the eyes and Austin slips through the ropes to the outside to get out Bret's reach. Vader goads Owen into accepting a test of strength which Vader clearly dominates in and Vader takes every opportunity to relish in Owen struggling against Vader's immense strength and mass. Vader manages to overwhelm Owen so much that Owen's shoulders are nearly touching the mat, which Owen stops by bridging with his head but Vader kicks Owen to the gut breaking the bridge. Vader hooks the leg but the ref isn't able to even count to one before Owen kicks out.

Outside the ring, Bret has given chase to Austin but suddenly turns around and Bret runs into a discus punch from Austin that leaves Bret struggling to stand up. Austin tries to irish whip Bret into the steel steps around the ring, but Bret counters with an irish whip of his own! Austin jumps over the steps and begins pointing to his head in boast but soon turns around to find Bret taking a running leap over the steps with a flying clothesline! Bret gets Austin up for the Atomic Drop but instead decides to crotch Austin on the barricade. As Austin slumps over, eventually falling into the crowdside seats, Vader pulls Owen up to his feet by his head and irish whips him into the ropes. Vader goes for a lariat but Owen ducks under it and tries to german suplex Vader. Vader laughs at Owen's attempt before hitting him with an elbow to the skull and lifting Owen up by the throat for a two-handed chokeslam. Owen wriggles out of Vader's grasp, sliding between Vader's legs as he lands, and grabs one of Vader's legs, tripping Vader. As Vader hits the mat, Owen works over Vader's legs with stomps and knee drops, but Vader is back to his feet with little effort and hits Owen with a spinning backfist. Vader winds his arm up for a lariat but is turned around by Bret Hart who socks him with a blow to the jaw. Almost as if they were telepathic, both Hart leap into action and try to suplex the Mastodon, but Vader's strength is too immense and he double suplexes both Harts. Vader covers Owen, but only gets a two count, and then covers Bret who kicks out at two as well.

Vader pounds the ringmat in frustration, yelling at the referee to count faster or else, before turning his attention back to Owen Hart. Vader hoists Owen up for a Powerbomb but a well-placed dropkick to the knee from Bret causes Vader to fall on his face, effectively Powerbombing Owen in the process. Bret looks at both fallen opponents, conflicted over whether he should pin his brother, the more battered of the two, or go for Vader. Bret puts his family over his legacy as he attempts to put Vader in the Sharpshooter, but Vader's legs kick Bret down as he tries to lift them up in the submission hold. Vader gets to his feet and puts the boots to Bret's skull before dragging him to the corner. Vader climbs up to the second rope of the turnbuckle and begins bouncing up and down on the ropes telegraphing the massive Vaderbomb Bret is about to endure but Owen Hart springs into action jumping onto the second rope behind Vader, clasping his arms around Vader's mass and german suplexing the giant past Bret's form. Owen covers Vader, but Vader powers out of the pin at one.

Vader lets out a low growl as he returns to his feet to face the two Harts. He charges at the two brothers and attempts a double clothesline, but both Harts duck under Vader's arms and the two give Vader a clothesline of their own that sends Vader over the ropes. Vader lands on his feet on the outside and looks over the barricade to see an uncomfortable Austin trying to swat away fans patting him on the back, shoulder, whatever their hands can touch of his. Vader howls with laughter at Austin's misfortune, to which the redneck replies with a smack across Vader's face and asks "WHAT THE GODDAMN HELL YOU LAUGHING AT YOU FAT S-" Before Austin can finish cussing at Vader, the enraged monster grabs Austin and pulls him over the barricade back to the ringside area. Vader uppercuts the taste out of Austin's mouth but Stone Cold comes back with a strong left hand of his own and soon the two are trading blows in an all out war! In the ring, both Harts are leaning against the ropes trying to catch their breath but soon their eyes meet and they get into a test of strength with each other! Neither gives an inch to their other half, both Harts refusing to budge from where they stand, there's times where it looks like neither is budging even a muscle, it's almost statue-esque in a sense. Bret breaks the test of strength and tosses Owen with an armdrag transitioning into a full nelson hold. It soon becomes clear what Bret is doing as he forces Owen face-down to the mat and breaks out his father's own Sugar Hold on Owen! Owen lets out a horrifying scream of pain as he's stuck in the hold, he tries using his feet to push himself towards the ropes. Slowly but surely, Owen inches his way to the ropes but as soon as Owen is nearly touching the ring ropes, Bret takes his knees off Owen's back and wrenching back even further with the full nelson hold, stands on Owen's ankles to stop Owen from getting any closer to the ropes. Owen wriggles with all his might to get to those ropes, but then Owen slumps his head forward, as if admitting defeat... but the ref then tells Bret to break the hold. Keen eyed viewers at home might've saw why the break was called, but for everyone in the crowd a close up replay was shown on the titantron showing that Owen was touching the ropes with the very tip of his nose! Bret releases Owen from the full nelson and the exhausted champ rolls out of the ring for a breather.

Meanwhile, Vader and Austin continue brawling outside the ring, with Vader gaining the upperhand using his brute strength. Vader bullies Austin towards the commentary desk as Jim Ross, Gene Okerlund and Roddy Piper jolt up from their seats in dismay of what might happen, but ease back into their seats as Vader hits Austin with a lariat that sends him into the timekeeper's zone. With Austin disposed of at the moment, Vader takes his time to catch his breath by hovering over the commentator desk, yelling at each commentator especially making sure to rub salt in Piper's wounds over his loss tonight. As Vader continues harassing the commentary desk, Austin slowly rises from the timekeeper's area with a steel chair and brings down along Vader's back. Vader turns around slowly to look Austin in the eye, but Austin without hesitation belts Vader over the head with the chair... but it has no effect Vader merely laughs it off and hits Austin with a stiff right hand that knocks Stone Cold on his rear end. Vader kicks Austin in the jaw and begins wildly stomping on the redneck's chest, knocking the wind out of Stone Cold's lungs. Vader keeps stomping and stomping until Austin, still clutching the steel chair, makes a big swing for Vader's legs and ends up hitting Vader's right knee. Vader stops his assault for a moment and gingerly hops back on his left leg, allowing Steve Austin to seize the opportunity by getting up and drive the tip of steel chair into Vader's kneecap. Vader lets out a howl of pain and tries to climb onto the ring apron, but Austin continues hounding the Mastodon with chairstrikes against Vader's legs until Vader can take no more and he retaliates with a wild lariat. Austin ducks it but Vader throws another one with his other arm that catches Austin offguard and Stone Cold is nearly turned inside out with it. Vader finally climbs the ring apron and is about to go through the ropes to enter the ring but then looks back at the prone form of Austin with pure malice... Vader jumps backwards off the ring apron and hits a moonsault on Austin! It comes at a price though as Vader clutches his right knee in agony and writhes on the ground outside the ring.

Bret follows Owen Hart to the outside of the ring, giving Owen no time to breathe, and rolls him back into the ring with Owen too drained to fight back. Bret hits a bridging german suplex on Owen, but only gets a two as Owen lifts his shoulder to break the count. Owen shows some life when he lights up Bret's chest with a knife edge chop and tries to follow it up with a hurricanrana but Bret counters by holding on to Owen's legs. It looks like Bret is going to piledrive Owen, but then he stepped over Owen's arms and planted Owen down with a strange kind of facebuster that Piper called the "Hart Clash". Bret flips Owen over and covers... 1... 2... 2.9! Owen puts his leg on the ropes for a ropebreak. Bret Hart starting to show frustration, hits the signature gut stomp on Owen and drags him to the middle of the ring to apply the Sharpshooter. Owen kicks him off into the ropes, kips up, and as Bret rebounds off the ropes, hits a nice bridging northern lights suplex but Bret kicks out right before the ref counts to three.

Owen limps over to the turnbuckle and starts climbing but gets stopped by a clubbing blow to the back from Bret. Bret lifts Owen off the ropes into a backbreaker and climbs up to the second rope for a diving axe-handle elbow. It connects and Bret hooks both legs, but Owen gets the shoulder up at two. Bret lifts Owen up to the top turnbuckle and tries a german superplex, but a couple elbows from Owen sends Bret crashing to the mat. Owen hits a picture perfect top rope moonsault on Bret and hooks the leg. One... two... th- no, kickout! Owen climbs back up to the top turnbuckle and tries another moonsault, but this time Bret get the knees up and both Harts are down as the ref starts counting. By the count of three Bret gets to his feet and bends over Owen to pick him up, but Owen grabs Bret and rolls him up in a small package. Bret kicks out at two and both Harts are standing, trading knife edge chops! Soon both Harts are using each other to keep themselves standing until Bret shoves Owen off and yells at him to give him everything he's got. Owen goes for a roaring elbow, but Bret ducks and goes behind with a release german suplex. Owen lands on his feet and as Bret turns around, hits the superkick leaving Bret out on his feet. Owen gets Bret up for the K-Driller and hits it. Cover. 1... 2... 3. Bret Hart has been eliminated.

After the ref counts to 3, Owen hugs his brother, tears in his eyes. Bret whispers something to Owen and then leaves the ring to take the long walk to the back. Just as he reaches the top of the entrance ramp, Bret turns around for a moment to look at his brother in the ring and... he looks proud, without regret even. As Bret goes through the entranceway to the back, Vader is back to his feet on the outside. Owen is already is motion as he hits the the ropes running and hits a dive through the ropes into Vader that sends Vader's back into commentary desk. As Vader winces in pain, Owen is already back in the ring for another dive through the ropes, but Vader sees it coming this time and throws a stiff right hand to Owen's jaw as he goes through the ropes. Vader finally re-enters the ring and props the dazed Owen into the corner, beginning his barrage of elbows, uppercuts and kicks. As Owen slumps down to seated position against the turnbuckle, Vader moves to the opposite corner for a running start and crashes into Owen with a running hip attack. Vader pulls Owen out of the corner and covers. 1... 2... kickout!

Vader gets Owen to his feet and hits a massive lariat but before Vader can pin Owen, Austin jumps on Vader's back and puts him in the sleeper hold! Vader backs off into the corner and slams Austin into the turnbuckle causing Austin to release the hold. Vader hits Austin with a scoop powerslam and bounces off the ropes presumably to put Austin down with a big splash but is interrupted by Owen hitting a dropkick to Vader's knees. Owen tries to get Vader up for a piledriver but Vader's sheer size is too much and Vader gets Owen off his feet. Vader bends over to pick Owen up but a running knee to Vader's skull from Austin sends the Mastodon back down on the ringmat. Working together, Austin and Owen are able to get the giant up and hit him with a spike piledriver. Owen goes to cover but Austin shoves him out of the way to try to take the pinfall for himself. 1... 2... Vader kicks out but then Austin puts Vader in the Figure-Four leg lock! Vader wails out in pain as he tries to reverse the pressure of the hold and eventually he does as he rolls over himself and Austin. With the pressure of the figure-four reversed, Austin breaks the hold immediately, but Owen is on Vader in an instant with a kneebar! Vader frantically kicks with his free leg, eventually his kicking meets with Owen's back and soon Owen can take no more abuse to his back and releases the hold. Vader headbutts Owen in the chest, causing Owen to roll out of the ring to try to get his breath back, and Vader manages to use the ring ropes to climb back to his feet. Austin tries to kick at Vader's knees but Vader catches Austin's foot and lariats the redneck. Vader grabs Austin by the throat, hauls him back up to his feet and raises Austin in the air for a chokeslam but is interrupted by Owen Hart springboarding off the top rope into a missle dropkick that topples the Mastodon. Owen puts Vader in the Sharpshooter but Vader already uses his brute strength to haul himself and Owen towards the ropes. Vader is just an arm's length away from the ropes when Austin grabs Vader's arm and puts him in a crossface! With the two men wrenching on Vader, the giant has nowhere to go, and after close to half a minute in the Sharpshooter and crossface Vader has no choice but to tap out. Vader has been eliminated.

As Cornette helps Vader walk to the back, we are finally down to the WWF champ and the 1997 Royal Rumble winner in the ring. They lock up, Austin getting the advantage early on with an armwrench that Owen swats himself free from and hits a standing dropkick that sends Austin into the ropes. Owen bounces off the ropes opposite of Austin but is surprised by a Thesz Press. Austin hammers away at Owen's head and then hooks the leg but Owen kicks out at one. Austin spurs Owen on to get back up and as Owen gets back to his feet, Austin kicks Owen in the gut and goes for the Stunner but Owen pushes Austin off. Owen tries a flying crossbody but ends up getting flapjacked by Austin and dropped down into a hangman. Austin slides under the ropes, pulling Owen out along with him and drives Owen's back into the ring apron. With a couple knees to Owen's gut, Austin rolls Owen back into the ring and rummages around in the timekeeper's area and around the commentary desk. Each time Austin finds a steel chair, he tosses it into the ring and eventually there's at least five steel chairs in the ring. As Austin re-enters the ring, he's caught off guard by roaring elbow from Owen but Austin replies swiftly with a knife edge chop that backs Owen off and then a spinebuster on a nearby steel chair. Austin moves the chair out from underneath Owen and hooks the leg. 1... 2... 2.9! Owen kicks out just in time!

Austin yells some obscenities at the referee before getting back up, grabbing a steel chair and placing it inbetween the turnbuckle pads. With another steel chair, he unfolds it, sits down on it and begins yelling at the downed champ "C'MON YOU NUGGET OF poo poo, GET THE HELL BACK UP! I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" As Owen struggles back to his feet, Austin gets up from his chair, boots Owen in the face and returns to his chair, continuing to taunt Owen "C'MON LITTLE GUY, YOU CAN DO IT, GET ON BACK UP!" Before Austin can react, Owen kips up back to his feet and kicks the seated Austin in the chest causing Austin and the chair he's sitting in to tumble backwards. As Austin gets back up, Owen is already on him with an irish whip into the turnbuckle with the chair lodged into it. Austin stumbles out of the corner holding his back but Owen isn't done yet as he throws Austin head-first into the chair, finally dislodging it from the turnbuckle. Owen gets Austin up for the K-Driller but a knee to the skull from Austin allows Owen to let go of Austin. On his way down, Austin tries to hit the Stunner, but again Owen pushes Austin off. Austin turns around with a double axe hammer that floors Owen and Austin picks him up back up for a reverse piledriver. Owen reverses the move getting back to his feet and finally hits the K-Driller on Austin. Owen hooks the leg... 1... 2... Austin grabs the ropes for the ropebreak before the ref can make the 3-count!

Owen gets Austin back up, ties his arms around Austin's waist and throws Austin overhead with a german suplex. Still grasping around Austin's waist, Owen pulls Austin to his feet again and hits another german suplex. As Owen goes for for a hat trick, Austin desperately tries to break Owen's grip around him but Owen powers through for the third german suplex, this time finally releasing Austin. Owen goes up to the top rope and flies through the air with a moonsault, but Austin pops up to his feet and catches Owen in the Stunner before collapsing back to the ground! The referee begins counting as both wrestlers lie on the ringmat... 1, 2, 3... Austin starts crawling towards Owen... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and at 9.99 Austin finally drapes his arm across Owen. 1... 2... kickout at 2.9!

Austin can't believe it! Austin gets to his feet and grabs two nearby steel chairs scattered across the ring. Austin slides one of the chairs underneath Owen's head and with the other he raises up and swings it down hard onto Owen's skull with a thunderous crack! Owen's body convulses violently but Austin isn't done as he brings the chair down on Owen's head again and again and again as the referee tries to appeal to Austin to stop! After what must've been eleven or twelve chairshots, Austin takes a moment to admire his handywork; Owen is motionless with a pool of blood collecting in the chair his head rests on. Austin brings the chair down one more time before the referee tries to intervene but Austin throws the ref out of the way. Austin motions to the outside and is tossed a couple of milk cartons which he bashes together and guzzles them down. He motions for another carton, catches it and takes care to open it this time as he stands over the still motionless champ. He begins pouring the milk onto Owen, yelling "RISE AND SHINE, SWEETHEART!" Owen stirs a bit as he weakly tries to swat away Austin, who tosses the carton away and locks Owen in the Sharpshooter! Covered in milk and his own blood, Owen agonizes in the Harts' signature submission manoeuvre but has enough strength to slowly crawl to and grab the ring ropes.

The referee calls for the ropebreak and starts counting but Austin refuses to break the hold, stating "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, DISQUALIFY ME YOU STUPID SUM-BITCH?" The ref has no response and after a short while Owen goes limp and passes out from either the pain, blood loss or just by having his spirit broken. The ref checks on Owen with Austin still refusing to release Owen from the Sharpshooter and soon the referee begins lifting Owen's arm in the air and dropping it to see if Owen is eliminated by KO. Owen's arm is raised... and it limpy falls to the ring mat. His arm is raised again... it hits the ring mat a second time and as it does so, Austin releases Owen from the Sharpshooter and raises his arms in the air, confident in his victory being sealed now. Owen's arm is raised a final time and as the ref drops it, he turns to the timekeeper in preparation to end the match but is surprised when Owen's hand grasps his ref shirt. The match is still on and Austin is livid! Austin whips Owen into the corner and begins savagely kicking and stomping Owen in the gut repeatedly until Owen is in seated position against the turnbuckle. Austin leans in forward to scream in Owen's face "JUST GIVE UP, GODDAMN YOU! I'M GOING TO BE THE NEW CHAMP AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU-" Austin's yelling is interrupted by Owen spitting in his face, causing Austin to recoil back. Owen uses the turnbuckle as a crutch to help stand himself up and takes a few steps towards Austin but Austin kicks Owen in the gut and sets up the Stunner. Austin pauses in confusion for a moment when Owen drapes his arm over Austin's neck but it soon becomes apparent when Owen kicks both of Austin's legs out underneath him, putting Austin in a kneeling postion. Owen drops down with Austin's head locked in the Dragon Sleeper! Austin flails wildly and claws at Owen's arm, but Owen won't release the hold! Eventually Austin can't take anymore and taps out. Stone Cold Steve Austin has been eliminated. Still your WWF World Heavyweight Champion: Owen Hart!

Owen Hart closes out WrestleMania 13 by celebrating his championship in the ring with his brother Bret Hart, and his family in Stu and Helen Hart.

As much as I wanted to give the SHOW OF SHOWS a B, and it was really really close, I can't justify giving it anything above a B-

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 23, 2014

• Locked thread