Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I'm just saying to my former team mates good luck and godspeed, if you want me back let me know but frankly I'm probably just going to watch this one.

P.S. make sure to stick with the plan of "never ever book Nash and Hall in a match ever" cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

During the STRYATHALON last night I was informed that WCW has been slow out of the gate and I jokingly said it was because I carried the team.

This morning I woke to find my pm inbox had three new messages all of which were players asking me to come back.

I'll do it. WCW for life. :allears:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I miss the old days where we posted Meltzer things about the behind the scenes stuff and show synopsi from "fans".

Can we bring that back? :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

That was a work. Linda thinks Playstation is a Nintendo product. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

JoeRules posted:

I just left WCW a nice present under their IRC tree.

It better not be a pony. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

... :psyduck: So, by repeating a match that happened ELEVEN YEARS AGO with two old-as-hell gentlemen, you drove one of them to retirement and a legends contract? What's wrong with you!?

At least WWF knows now that we can't be as incompetent as WCW, I guess.

Not my fault. Wasn't there for it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Ted cares about all of the WCW wrestlers equally. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Alright WCW gentleman I am going to be going to ask whether or not we can have major discussion meetings about the future of the company over Skype in the future due to the fact that I do work and I do not want to miss anything and have these discussions have happened while I am there and not in a chat room where I can't react. Reason being I Drive for work and because of this I can't text. And the fact I am doing this with the speech to text feature on my phone and I've still almost run off the road 3 times due to having to correct stupid typos.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Alright WCW gentleman I am going to be going to ask whether or not we can have major discussion meetings about the future of the company over Skype in the future due to the fact that I do work and I do not want to miss anything and have these discussions have happened while I am there and not in a chat room where I can't react. Reason being I Drive for work and because of this I can't text. And the fact I am doing this with the speech to text feature on my phone and I've still almost run off the road 3 times due to having to correct stupid typos.

EDIT:

JoeRules posted:

Secondly, I miss the awesome RAW/Nitro breakdowns and message board postings that went on in the last thread. Take up the flag for your company and put some effort in: starting NOW (in regards to this little mini-game and moving forward) some favoritism will be shown to companies that add a little liveliness to the thread. In the same vein, if anyone following cares enough to be a "media representative" I might even open a new google doc with real and fake leaked news for you to report on.

As the head promo guy for WCW I volunteer for the position of message board douchebag.

I also would like to invite Bard Maddox back to be the media rep. He did such a good job. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

JoeRules posted:

Initial feedback for Day 1 offers has been posted in your doc. Rejections may be immediate, but there are no immediate acceptances - even if your feedback is "Holy poo poo, you wanna pay me how much?!", it takes ~1 week to sign.

I'll start inputting Nitro and RAW momentarily.

Saturday Night was considered a B-, and rated a 0.22. Superstars was considered a C- and was rated a 0.18.

Joe please don't run Nitro yet. There is a booking issue that needs to be addressed.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Because I'm in my work truck and have a lack of ability to communicate effectively, I will say this here. Hey WWF, have some public wcw drama.

I didn't mean to erase that post. And afterwards I couldn't figure out on my phone how to undo it. Cell phones don't have ctrl-z after all. So when I wrote "fix this poo poo" which by the way was because I couldn't see what I was typing it was so Joe could undo my fuckup. It wasn't a dig at you.

So I'm sorry my new phone sucks so bad. I had an awesome phone with an actual loving keyboard with which I could work on the doc even at work and thanks to people thinking touchscreens are so cool I can't get that anymore. This was a user error that I was trying to fix and I couldn't. Not from my phone. Maybe you all can do game poo poo from work but I can't anymore. I just don't want to be left out because I have a life. Okay?

gently caress. :smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Get on my level, WWF. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

stuntman21@juno.com posted:

Hey everyone, it's time for a show report from your favorite show reporter, Stuntman21!

So I went to WCW's Saturday Night this week and man this show wasn't that great but it was passable. First off they started off with two dark matches. The first match sucked. Some new ninja dude, didn't even know his name but he reminded me of Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat? I dunno, he squashed some other jackass, Markstar I think they said his name was. I don't know who they are and it was eight minutes of boring crap. The second match was some dude, Christian I think? He was with the Nasties against State Patrol and Chris Kanyon. Brian Knobbs did great, to my surprise. Match still sucked. Christian guy got the pin, so I guess he's pretty cool? I dunno.

Then they turned the cameras on. First match was a match for the WCW cruiserweight tournament and jesus christ did this match suck. Chavo Guerrero defeated El Dandy. The match just blew, man.

After that Dusty Rhodes was giving interviews, and first he interviewed Page. Rhodes congratulates Page on the performance, and Page acknowledges that he's been turning things around--it wasn't all that long ago when he was broke, destitute, and out of WCW. However, he found a benefactor that set him back on his feet, and he intends to make sure that everyone, including Randy Savage tonight, will feel the BANG!!! Man I love this dude. Rhodes then turns his attention to Arn Anderson, standing nearby, who makes a point of saying he and Chris Benoit will dominate their tag team contest tonight, much as Anderson will crush Flair at the Great American Bash and build the New Horsemen over his broken shell. I don't even know what that means.

When the interviews ended, they started off with a rematch of Page and the Macho Man. Savage dropped Page like a bad habbit, but it was the same fuckin' match just shorter. It was still okay, but just so.

Then Macho Man loving cut a VICIOUS promo on Hogan all about how he's going to beat his rear end at GAB just like he did Page! He even did Hogan's trademarked "brother" line just to rub it in more! It was great! I was thinking "man I bet Hulk is gonna be pissed and I can't wait to see his reaction."

To my surprise then they show Hulk backstage who doesn't even care. He's just looking at this belt he got and just talking to himself like a weirdo. It was hillarious after Macho Man being so down on him, and he just doesn't even care!

So then the Giant is shown cutting a promo about Muta and his match with Barbarian. He's just talking himself up. I was getting a bit bored of talking and wanted a match by this point.

Anyway we finally got a match, Anderson and Benoit against the American Males. Okay match, to be sure. Anderson and Benoit took out the Males at the end, with Anderson pinning Riggs.

Afterwards, VK Wallstreet hits Riggs with a briefcase again. This time Marcus steals the briefcase, cracks VK with it, and runs off. Like, really? You just stole from the guy whose gimmick is being a loving shyster. What a dumb thing to do. gently caress you, Bagwell. You'll never be anything to me.

And they show a commerical. Oh, ninja douche's name is Glacier. Yawn. Don't care.

Back to wrestling and not Super Nintendo, we get a match with Ron Simmons against Animal. Booker T distracts the official, Stevie Ray slapjacks Animal, and Simmons hits a huge spinebuster for the pin. Animal looks surprisingly strong during the bout, but Simmons hangs on long enough to capitalize on the interference. Teddy Long is again on commentary putting over Simmons and his hunt for the US Title.

After the match officially ends Konnan and Hawk run out to the ring, Hawk to protect Animal and Konnan to... beat up Simmons for no reason? I dunno. Not a bad match, I guess the post match stuff wasn't bad either but... meh.

Now King Regal and the rest of the Nobles make their way to the ring. Regal enters the ring with a sour look on his face and begins first to insult us and then he turns his attention on Lex Luger for some reason? So he points out that Lex has been paranoid lately, even thinking his own tag team partner is going to stab him in the back (they're having a match for Lex's title, what else is new dipshit?). I thought he was feuding with Rhodes? Anyway as the rest of the Nobles leave the ring and King Regal takes off his robes for his match, he does remind Lex and Rhodes to watch their backs at the Bash. I mean it was an amazing speech and you could really tell he had a lot to say about hating americans but... why Lex? I didn't get it.

This leads to a six man tag match with Regal, Baron Wright, and Earl Eaton against Rhodes, Disco Inferno, and Booty Man. Match is boring as poo poo, has terrible end. So David Taylor hits Booty with the King's scepter when the ref wasn't looking and they get the pin on him. Ref hosed us again.

With team USA down, Regal goes to smash Disco with the scepter himself but then Rhodes hits him with a cowbell and then hog ties him. That alone was better than the match, so I guess we can forgive WCW once.

More commericals, this time for the Sting/Lex feud. Great video here, explaining why long time friends are having a match at GAB.

WOOO IT'S RIC FLAIR, apparently he's going to take out Malenko tonight. I was thinking like no loving way, like no loving way Flair is winning against Malenko. Anderson? Maybe. But I tell you what, he was confident! Then he started bragging about getting laid or something, which hell yeah I love pussy.

Malenko comes out and finally fights Flair. Flair actually wins it too! No poo poo! This match was awesome. It was ten minutes of just pure joy. I mean Malenko and Flair both showed their age a bit, but it wasn't like that lovely Guerrero Dandy match from earlier in the night.

Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit storm the ring post-match in an effort to beat down Flair, but the Nature Boy fires back, throwing an amazing flurry of rapid-fire chops that causes the New Horsemen to think better of the attack and bail out. Then he starts getting the crowd to "woo" with him. Nature Boy, never give up man. You may be old and have a funny voice and overtanned leathery skin, but you're always an entertaining wrestler for an old gently caress.

Main event time, Giant vs Barbarian. I don't get it, these guys were just... hitting each other a lot? Just nothing was happening. Long boring match where two big guys just beat the poo poo out of each other for like 11 or 12 minutes or something. I dunno. Not great, not poo poo either, but I just wish when Giant hits Barbarian with that huge fist he'd actually knock him the gently caress out rather than Barbarian just staring at him. Hell, the chokeslam seemed to be the only thing that even stopped him!

All in all I'd give the show a solid 6/10. It wasn't good, wasn't bad, had some great stuff but to be honest... I kinda wish I was elsewhere.

Anyone out there know if ECW shows don't suck?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Booyaka booyaka! :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Also either nobody figured out the true identity of the usenet poster or the power of contempt is hilariously retroactive so everyone purposefully ignored the clues.

The Miz doesn't know how to use a computer. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Also, someone else do the poster next time, please. I'm no good at this.

Sorry. I work for wcw. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Will have an answer on that within the hour.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

What the gently caress?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

JoeRules posted:

This world is too beautiful to live in.

Part of me wants to ask WWF if they want the real Skunkrocker to start writing Marty's promos.

Then I remembered I work for WCW. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Do I really want Marty "The Skunkrocker" Jannetty to get so over with the fans that it tanks my company WCW? If I start writing promos for them, they'll win. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Nystral posted:

When did Norman smiley become a blue blood. And is Dave Taylor in the wwf formerly of wcw? I'm so confused!

Norman smiley is a noble and Dave's replacement in the Blue Bloods

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

swalkergdi.com posted:

Seems bad luck spilled all over my drat art board. Just had a fountain pen break.

Also, saw what WWF did to Jannetty. Must be a dig at me. Very funny, Vince. Sour grapes after I've thoroughly kicked your graphics team's rear end? Pssh.

- Scott Walker
SW Graphic Design Industries

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

He hasn't posted in a while. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

hulkamaniac5215 on ProWrestling.net's forum posted:

Hey guys, I went to Saturday Night last night and I got a show report for everyone.

We got three dark matches to start off the night. In the first, Glacier defeats Kurasawa (with James Mitchell) with the Cryon-Splash. Crowd seems to be warming up to Glacier, but he was off his game tonight.
Then Christian Cage defeats Juventud Guerrera with an inverted double-underhook facebuster. This match seriously sucked and it killed the crowd. Guerrera seemed super pissed for some reason.
Finally Team X-Treme defeats Hugh Morrus (with his new manager, James Mitchell), Bunkhouse Buck, and the Mauler when Scorpio hits a 450 splash on Buck. Buck seemed a bit off tonight. Honestly both these matches had James Mitchell in them so maybe Mitchell is screwing things up? I dunno.

The show started with a title match, Lex Luger against Lt. James Earl. Luger defeats Earl to retain the WCW Television Championship with the Torture Rack. King Steven Regal joins the commentary team to discuss how the Television Title is in his sights, and he will spread chivalrous British sensibilities to sloth-like commoners the world over via the airwaves once he wrests the belt from Luger. Luger celebrates his victory and flashes the Television Championship to Regal, seemingly challenging him to come take it. Regal is unmoved, flashing the "V for victory" in response. This match was okay but Regal's attitude was awesome.

Psicosis defeats Chavo Guerrero, Jr. with a guillotine legdrop in a quarterfinal match of the Cruiserweight Title tournament. This match was meh. What is with the Guerreros lately?

Ric Flair asks Harley Race to be his tag partner at Bash at the Beach. Race declines, saying Flair has made his own bed and now has to lie in it. Great segment.

Gene Okerlund interviews the debuting Brian James and James Maritato backstage, the unit known as James + James, dressed in pinstripe suits and fedoras. Wasn't this guy in WWF? Anyway, Okerlund comments on the somewhat unorthodox ring attire, and Maritato explains that it felt appropriate to bring a little slice of his Italian heritage to their debut match. Brian James elaborates, saying that while they may commonly be known as James + James, "tonight, we are..." After a brief moment of James and Maritato dipping out of frame, they return wearing Big Van Vader masks, with James concluding, "...the Masto-Dons!" Okerlund remarks on the ridiculousness of the fedora/mask combo, which earns him a mask and fedora of his own. Okerlund sullenly gripes to himself as James + James depart. The Masto-Dons (James + James) defeat "Hardwork" Bobby Walker and Jerry Lynn. Maritato seems all too happy to embrace stereotypically Italian mannerisms, while Brian James does suitably goofy Vader-esque offense, culminating in a Vader bomb and moonsault for the victory over Bobby Walker. Solid win for the newcomers. Dumb comedy match. It was dumb.

Konnan challenges Ron Simmons to a no countout match, right then and there. Teddy Long announces that Ron Simmons is not in the arena, but will be in Daytona Beach for Bash at the Beach. Konnan looked good here, but Teddy? Not so much.

Ric Flair asks Steve "Mongo" McMichael to be his tag partner at Bash at the Beach. Mongo declines, citing past problems with the Flair-led Horsemen and impropriety towards his wife, Debra. It was an okay segment.

Lance Storm defeats Baron Alexander Wright by disqualification. Wright seems to be a stiffer challenge than Squire David Taylor, and controls the bulk of the match with Storm, but gets cocky and is caught with the Canadian Maple Leaf. The Nobility run in to make the save before Wright can submit, causing the DQ.
Lex Luger runs out for the save, but gets beat up by the Nobility. Sting runs in for the save, and is successful. He stares down Luger and departs, not bothering to help him up. Match was meh. Segment was great.
Deputy Commissioner Rick Rude is backstage with Dusty Rhodes, who notes that he understands Rude has an announcement regarding the Television Title at Bash at the Beach. Rude confirms this, and sets Lex Luger vs. King Steven Regal vs. Sting for the WCW Television Championship at Bash at the Beach! Awesome.

In the locker room, Madusa approaches her client, Billy Kidman, and asks if he was impressed with the Raven and Perry Saturn victory he witnessed first-hand on Nitro. Kidman says the win was impressive, but Raven and Saturn are cultish thugs with delusions of grandeur. He's not sure why they are assaulting members of the WCW roster, but their actions are not his style. Madusa fumes; she says her efforts to get Kidman a look from them should be better appreciated, and perhaps if Kidman were more open-minded, he might win a match occasionally. She stalks off, leaving Kidman dumbfounded. Pretty bad scene. I dunno.

Harlem Heat are out to the ring for their six-man tag team contest, and explain that they are the greatest tag team in the world, certainly better and tougher than the Road Warriors. Since the Warriors don't seem to understand that, they'll beat it into Hawk and Animal's heads with whatever weapon they have handy, whether that be their fists, Stevie Ray's slapjack...or a ladder. The Road Warriors and Randy Savage defeat Harlem Heat and the Shark when Savage hits the flying elbow on Shark. Post-match, Road Warrior Animal grabs a microphone and says if Harlem Heat wants one more title shot, and they want to swing ladders around to get that message across, the Road Warriors will give them free reign to do it; Road Warrior Hawk says that they'll face Harlem Heat at Bash at the Beach for the Tag Team Championships in a ladder match, OHHHHHH WHAT A RUSH. That was the best part, and the match was okay. Seems that outside the ring WCW is better. Weird, huh?

Video package promoting that Glacier guy. No one cares about your Sub Zero knockoff, guys.

Barry Windham defeats The Barbarian with a superplex. It was alright.

In the commissioner's office, Ric Flair asks Curt Hennig and Rick Rude to be his tag partner at Bash at the Beach. Hennig respectfully declines because of his chronic injury issues; Rude declines as well, but seems more gleeful at the prospect of Flair getting destroyed at BATB, recalling their past feud. Flair stalks off, still seeming determined to find a partner, and looking to prove his case in the main event. Again, this segment was great.

Finally, in the main event Ric Flair defeats Diamond Dallas Page with the figure-four leglock. The match was okay, the chemistry between them was good.

All in all I give Saturday Night a solid C+.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

No more loving around tiny picture bullshit like I did before. We're here to win. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Skunkrocker went over with the Stink Bomb, a top rope powerbomb.

:allears:
I'm awesome.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Q7kid posted:

My favorite Skunkrocker-ism is still "mess with the Skunk, you get the spray!" *gray mist*

No no no, take it from my old Xbox Live account

MESS WITH BEST
SMELL LIKE THE REST

:suicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

As soon as 1999 hits, we'll be booking DDP and Hogan in a Fight Club match at Halloween Havoc. Brad Pitt is special guest referee. The big swerve is that it will feature the return of Richard "Wrap Master," Slater, the original backstage brawler.

Psshh, thread won't last that long. We'll own WWF by 1998. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Q7kid posted:

Well, there's a visual.

Also, two gently caress finishes to end the show? You guys are aware we're WCW, right?

Yeah, but they're still :russo:

We're :bischoff:

Oh wait, that doesn't work... let me get the link.

We're

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

I could have sworn you had a transparent version of that somewhere in the last thread.

I never actually made a transparent version.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

He finished his feud with Skunkrocker, we really don't need to use him on TV any more than we are.

Wait, he finished the feud with me? Yeah, right. gently caress Sean Waltman. What a dick. I hate his stupid greasy hair. Who does he think he is? Kirk Hammett? I hope he fails in his future endeavors. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Yeah, he blinded and maybe killed 123 Kid by spraying him with the Skunk Spray for a massive dosage, don't you even watch/read Superstars

Uh, I don't have to watch or read Superstars. I'm a main eventer. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Just FYI, I'm looking at pictures for doing the poster for Hog Wild...

Type "biker" into GIS. First row results include My Little Pony.

I loving hate the internet.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Woah woah woah wait... Vampiro?
When the gently caress did you hire Vampiro?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Oh, that's right, the Observer hasn't really been revealing hiring decisions lately. Ah well.

sk, what the gently caress? You failed us on the dirt sheet scoops!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Poster by Happyman

This Sunday, thrill, chill, and spill, as one of the most heart-stopping Pay-Per-View events in WWF history unfolds!

-The WWF sees its most dangerous match, as 6 men battle for a guaranteed WWF Title shot in a briefcase suspended 20 feet above the ring!
--The Ultimate Warrior, hellbent on bringing justice to the Hollywood Horrorshow, Goldust!
--Goldust, the Silver Screen Sensation, with his unstoppable undead monster by his side!
--Marc Mero, the wildman!
--Skunkrocker, the revenge-obsessed former partner of the current WWF Champion!
--Jushin Thunder Liger, the High-flying Hero of Japan!
--Yoshihiro Tajiri, Kaientai's most dangerous weapon!
-Shawn Michaels defends his WWF Title against Owen Hart in a steel cage!
-The Smoking Gunns, the Two Man Power Trip, and Those drat Dudleyz in a Three Way Tag Title Dance!
-Sycho Sid faces the Model, Rick Martel!
-The Malevolent, Macabre Mankind takes on the Fighting Irishman, Dave Finlay, in a submission match!
-It's David versus Goliath as the Lionheart, Chris Jericho, faces the Mastodon, Vader, in a grudge match after their MITB Qualifier ended in a double DQ!
-The British Bulldog takes on Rowdy Roddy Piper!
-Dr. Tom Pritchard defends his Intercontinental Title against Justin Hawk Bradshaw!
-Yokozuna, the Amazin' Asian, faces Hakushi, the de facto head of the devious Kaientai organization!
All this and more, only in the WWF!

*ahem*
You're using my art assets. :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

My apologies, the post has been edited to give proper credit.

:stare:

Um, thanks. I do appreciate it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

It was your photoshop, and we'd used it without proper credit. It's a matter of principle.

I actually expected you to tell me to go gently caress myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I want to point out I argued against using Road Dogg like this, but was shot down. My idea was to make the Nasty Boys the gimmick team and James to do his own thing or possibly team with Jarrett. All that being said I still feel like our debut was better. WWF doesn't seem to know what to do with Liger and Taylor hasn't even been on TV. Meanwhile James and James are rising up the ranks in the tag team world and becoming bigger and better every week.

Also Q7 I told you we should have gone with my gimmick for Nitro to win the vote; you can't make fun of Bret Hart in PSP. :colbert:

• Locked thread