Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/DayZ/status/1201906278936825856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
holy poo poo you can't be serious

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Hahahaahah

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
SHOTS!??!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Oh God!

*map rustling intensifies*

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

so whats the goodish version of this game? the tense player/player interactions were incredible, especially back in the day. is it Rust or Ark or something? I don't really give a poo poo about the zombie part myself, doubt anyone else did either.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
SCUM was an early contender, but it was a flash in the pan and goons quickly lost interest... However, it's still getting very regular updates and a big update in the next few weeks. I just watched some recent gameplay videos and it actually looks fun.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

charity rereg posted:

so whats the goodish version of this game? the tense player/player interactions were incredible, especially back in the day. is it Rust or Ark or something? I don't really give a poo poo about the zombie part myself, doubt anyone else did either.

Escape from Tarkov is very different in premise, and it's always going to be shoot on sight, but the way the gunplay and hideout crafting stuff work might scratch the same itch. It's also Slav Apocalypse, for what it's worth.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hunt: Showdown also scratches that permadeath itch. It scratches the samespot that DayZ left for me, even if not perfectly.

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
I should fire up my Overpoch server. Had this itch for good old not SA shenamigans for a while.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Does anyone play this thing still? I have an EU code for the DLC on PS4 but myself and everyone I know are xboners

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
DLC that reuses the same assets released six years after post-launch?

The game isn’t really even awful now but it’s not good either as of a few months ago.

I think removing global chat stands out as the single worst decision made in their design process. Even more than the unfun design choices for “realism”. Global would allow for a collective suffering that would have been fun — it also would have allowed player to let admin know about the ridiculous cheating.

You don’t make the hardcore mode your core game-mode, let the fun haters do that later. You make a game accessible if you want it to be fun and stay alive for more than a year.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
The patch released with the livonia map refucked a bunch of poo poo that was fixed like inventory bugs.

Mods have fixed the loot scarcity issues and it's easy to hop on and gently caress around.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Free weekend. :toot:

I usually play tarkov so I was giving this a go last night with my friends. It feels empty and worse. Also yeah, lol at that dlc map reusing assets six years after release. Tarkov's arenas are much smaller but feel much more flavourful and full compared to the empty space that DayZ kinda feels like.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm glad they fixed the sticky inventory bug.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
So I play this game with some friends on the xbox. It's so terrible but somehow that makes it more fun for us to play together, I don't know.

Last week or maybe the week before they released a big patch. Like 10 gigs. It really didn't add much so I don't know. I read the patch notes and I don't remember anything it said, if that tells you anything.

Anyway that patch hosed the frame rate. No matter where you were inevitably the frame rate would drop to like 10 (guesstimate, but it was bad.) The fix? Open up the inventory wheel, which for some reason would fix it. No idea.

Today they released a "hot fix." I logged in and the frame rate seemed better. We had buried some stuff in our base the night before so I wanted to dig it up and figure out where to put it. As I was digging it up, it kicked me off the server. It gave me a "no message received" prompt and kicked me off the game. When that happens you have to turn the game all the way off and back on.

When I came back, I realized the server was empty. Literally no one on it. I figured that it was just a server reset that I hadn't seen coming, so I logged back in. When I logged in I had my rifle in my hands that I had placed in a tent before I got kicked off. I went to put it in the tent, thinking that the game had rolled me back to before I'd done that in the first place, but the gun was in the tent.

Oh well, two lovely guns, cool. I put the duplicate gun back in the tent and went to dig up my stash. Same thing happened. Logged back in, and I had another gun. Tried it again, same thing. And again. And again. Turns out their "hot fix" hosed the game so that, for some reason, anytime you try to bury or dig something up, it kicks EVERYONE off the server. Tonight if you go try to log in, half the servers are empty because people are constantly resetting them by digging stuff up.

Anyway the game is fun as gently caress somehow,

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

IMB posted:

dayz.txt

:allears:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

beyonder posted:

I should fire up my Overpoch server. Had this itch for good old not SA shenamigans for a while.

Did this ever happen?
:pray:

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
Gave it a test run last weekend, still works. CPU runs a bit too hot under load so I need to clean it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have been really enjoying livonia. It's great getting lost again and having to hunt to stay alive. It also has really good areas for sniper battles.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

beyonder posted:

Gave it a test run last weekend, still works. CPU runs a bit too hot under load so I need to clean it.

Overpoch you say

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
Jawohl mein Maw

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

That's the one with, uh, helicopters, right?

Asking for a friend

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
oh NO

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Maw posted:

That's the one with, uh, helicopters, right?

Asking for a friend

A hint of what's on the menu:

code:
class Category_517 {
	class AN2_DZ {
		type = "trade_any_vehicle";
		buy[] ={500000,"Molars"};
		sell[] ={50000,"Molars"};
	};
	class C130J_US_EP1_DZ {
		buy[] ={15000000,"Molars"};
		sell[] ={1500000,"Molars"};
	};
	class MV22_DZ {
		buy[] ={25000000,"Molars"};
		sell[] ={500000,"Molars"};
	};
	class MV22 {
		buy[] ={25000000,"Molars"};
		sell[] ={500000,"Molars"};
	};
	class A10_US_EP1 {
		buy[] ={1000000000,"Molars"};
		sell[] ={10000000,"Molars"};
	};
};
You can keep vehicles from missions. Kill all AI at the mission and check corpses for the key.

We ded

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
if you need a VM in a datacenter to run the server, i got space in my lab

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
Tempting. Especially since that dedi box of mine is literally under my desk at home. Pop me a pm would you?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

~map rustling intensifies~

Who's this? By the tree?

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Maw posted:

Who's this? By the tree?

WIGGLE GODDAMNIT

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

cyanidewolf posted:

WIGGLE GODDAMNIT

NO

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Maw posted:

Who's this? By the tree?

Shoot first, ask later.

Or just don't ask.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Hey here's something you can do if you're bored in coronaquarantine, watch Frankie's entire social distancing extreme LP from the very start

...back when game was good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuMTZBpxpB0cB3p3ewQT3KTdZ6szpBYSZ

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I randomly saw this in the upcoming tab on steam. I couldn't see any threads on here (though the search probably just doesn't work).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/895400/Deadside/

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

IMB posted:

So I play this game with some friends on the xbox. It's so terrible but somehow that makes it more fun for us to play together, I don't know.

Last week or maybe the week before they released a big patch. Like 10 gigs. It really didn't add much so I don't know. I read the patch notes and I don't remember anything it said, if that tells you anything.

Anyway that patch hosed the frame rate. No matter where you were inevitably the frame rate would drop to like 10 (guesstimate, but it was bad.) The fix? Open up the inventory wheel, which for some reason would fix it. No idea.

Today they released a "hot fix." I logged in and the frame rate seemed better. We had buried some stuff in our base the night before so I wanted to dig it up and figure out where to put it. As I was digging it up, it kicked me off the server. It gave me a "no message received" prompt and kicked me off the game. When that happens you have to turn the game all the way off and back on.

When I came back, I realized the server was empty. Literally no one on it. I figured that it was just a server reset that I hadn't seen coming, so I logged back in. When I logged in I had my rifle in my hands that I had placed in a tent before I got kicked off. I went to put it in the tent, thinking that the game had rolled me back to before I'd done that in the first place, but the gun was in the tent.

Oh well, two lovely guns, cool. I put the duplicate gun back in the tent and went to dig up my stash. Same thing happened. Logged back in, and I had another gun. Tried it again, same thing. And again. And again. Turns out their "hot fix" hosed the game so that, for some reason, anytime you try to bury or dig something up, it kicks EVERYONE off the server. Tonight if you go try to log in, half the servers are empty because people are constantly resetting them by digging stuff up.

Anyway the game is fun as gently caress somehow,

typing this one handed

honestly game was best when it was broken

Tarkov scratches this itch in a “get a game in while kids nap” kind of way but the Berezino lockdowns will always have a spot in my cold, black heart

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

There is a free weekend going on. I just installed it to see how the performance was (I never played the standalone).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

There is a free weekend going on. I just installed it to see how the performance was (I never played the standalone).

Install this it will make everything 10 times easier. Just pick a server and it will auto download mods via steam workshop.

http://dayzsalauncher.com/

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I heard the growling and managed to run to a deer stand.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovnaXssAbI

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Playing on vanilla servers and having a great time with some friends. I haven't played since release, so it was a nice surprise.
Where do we go from here server-wise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
The launcher makes hunting custom servers really easy, and automatically downloads the mods the server uses.
http://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home