Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how alternating between rolling and running while going long distances seems to be something everyone does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

quote:

There will be dogs. Lots of dogs.

Sort of. :getin:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Steak Justice posted:

I'm pretty sure I only owned the sequel but I remember the Scrabs being far more of a threat than Paramites. But maybe it's just me?

Scrabs are more of a threat than paramites except when paramites come in multiples :getin:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Paramites are one of my favourite things about this game, they're so adorable and terrifying. Both of the temple trials are some of the most fun parts of the game, even if they aren't very hard.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 7, 2014

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crawfish posted:

Paramites for best dog. Spider. Hand. Lizard. Giger-esque horror. Thing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Clarste posted:

Paramites are criminally underused by this series.

Agreed. They're very interesting in both gameplay mechanics and visual design.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FinalGamer posted:

I find it rather strange that we're meant to be this ecological saviour of our race and we're just murdering the poo poo out of these other lesser "extinct" creatures purely because they're in our way. I was really expecting some kind of meditative understanding of them once you learnt to fear them, and then respect them.

Well Metroixer is killing a ton of them that aren't really necessary to kill.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cheater. :argh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FinalGamer posted:

The screams the Scrabs make when you try to possess them terrifies me. The level of design and detail in their anatomy is loving amazing and I always loved them.

Paramites and Scrabs are really cool. The distinct styles between them both visually and mechanically are something I really like about Oddworld.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is what you're saying that the Kill Em All run has been discontinued?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm not a fan of the new chanting animation, but aside from that and a few other minor animation quibbles I am really really excited about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

New n Tasty is everything I could have dreamed of. :allears:

• Locked thread