Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I loved this game when it was first released, even though I never got all 99 Mudokons. It really is very difficult due to the lack of quicksave. Thank god the sequel fixed that though (as well as letting you talk to multiple Mudokons at once)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

GyverMac posted:

I love the Oddworld games. I've played this one, and Much' odyssee along with Strangers Wrath. All are really good games with an unique feel and atmosphere that you cant find in any other games. Going to follow this RP to relive my childhood memories! Also, now that they are remaking Abe's Odyssee for the next gen consoles, i REALLY hope they also get around to making a Stranger's wrath remake. That game was flipping awesome.

They already did a HD remake which had a lot of effort compared to a lot of HD remakes. Everything got sweet new models, voices and sound effects got redone and they added new difficultly modes. It's a pretty fun game.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

HMS Boromir posted:

This is a good LP.

Are you running this on an emulator or something though? That graphical bug on the fire at 4:09 is something I've never seen before and I'm guessing it doesn't always look that way on the PSX version.

I haven't played it in a while, but I seem to remember seeing that when I last played the game on my PS3, so maybe it is just a bug in emulation. At least it's pretty minor.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Don't feel bad about cheating Metroixer, I used that little exploit too.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

How is the remake supposed to work without screen transitions? Those are pretty fundamental to gameplay is several ways.

I think they've altered the game for those areas, like a Slig will just go back to sleep after ~30 seconds of not seeing anything rather then resetting back to sleep on the screen transition.

I'm excited for the remake, I loved the original 2 and the Oddworld mythos in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ditocoaf posted:

Wait, it IS coming out for personal computers too, right? Eventually?

I think it's due for PC, and maybe Wii U/Xbox eventually? It's only PS4 today and PS3/Vita soon. It's cross buy so you get the all 3 versions versions when you buy it which is awesome.

• Locked thread