Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
This is a good LP.

Are you running this on an emulator or something though? That graphical bug on the fire at 4:09 is something I've never seen before and I'm guessing it doesn't always look that way on the PSX version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Most of the area transitions from entering a door are prerendered FMVs where the first and last frame are the same renders used for the area backgrounds. This makes the transition look relatively seamless despite the engine's inability to render that much detail in real time, but it also means there can't be anything onscreen that isn't in the static render, so they wink out of existence to let the FMV play.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
When I played this game I always thought it signified a transition from high to low tension, like running out of a slig's patrol area after getting chased by it. Looking at where it's played so far though, I don't think that's actually the case.

• Locked thread