Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Love this game, one of the first we owned on the Play Station. I'm getting dizzy with nostalgia just looking at it. I never could find all of those 28 Mudokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Argh that noise that it makes when you enter the trial area. I know you brought it up in an earlier video but it's driving me nuts. What does it mean?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

You mean the weird steam-engine sound? Cuz that's always bothered me as to what the hell that is, yeah what IS that? I really love the music in this part though, the deeper snare drum really tenses me up.

Yeah that one. I've poked around on the net about it but I can't find anything. Even in the really spergy FAQ lists you can find.

I agree the sound design in this game is great. I get the weirdest nostalgia trip from watching. So many late childhood memories.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Are we talking about the low grumbling part as he enters the door and it starts to load, or the dun dun - dun dun part after the first trial screen starts up?

The dun dun - dun dun.

I'd say it means danger's ahead, but when aren't you in danger in this series?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Hmm maybe it's a point of no return sound. Gah there must be a connection in there somewhere...

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Yep that's the one. I thought that's what the noise meant, but it was a very subtle queue.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I swear I had no idea that bats could kill you. I just managed to get through this and the next game without ever even realizing that bats were a threat.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I somehow never touched them. I feel like I've been strolling merrily through a field of whirling razor blades without ever realizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Abe's job is getting to him. He's starting to hallucinate enslaved mudokens.

• Locked thread