Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

As Nero Danced posted:

I've always kind of wanted one of these, I admit mainly to try and park in town and have the rear end cut off a lane of traffic, but still. I can't really think of a more comfortable sofa on wheels.

Also, I was looking up old lincolns and cadillacs the other day and found something disheartening. In 1976 Cadillac had a 500 cubic inch v8 pumping out 190 horsepower. A smidge over one liter per cylinder and that's all they could get out of it. I wonder what you could get from it nowadays if you stripped off all the smog junk and built it up right.

800+HP, by the looks of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Buick Riviera?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
That's a B-body, so while not as popular as the A and F bodies, there are kits. Not sure if anyone makes headers for that application, but people have done that swap before into Impalas and such. The 4L80E might not fit very well, though. I think they're bigger than the 700R4/4L60E?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

11BulletCatcher posted:

"The engine is done spinning at about 5600 rpm according to Sean. Factory nodular iron crank is tough as nails"

poo poo, I shift at 4200 in my Ford, maybe 5200 if I'm really trying to wind it out (and I've only done that once). Although it's making a whopping 146HP, and is mechanically pretty much stock.

• Locked thread