Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I love me some 70's boats.

Best part is now we have the technology to breathe some life back into these smogged to death 70's motors.

I have always had a thing for the Chrysler Cordoba ever since my dad had one as a kid.

Factory CB....how awesome is that?

Some minor engine work can wake up the formerly 135 HP 360s most of these came with and put them at around 350 HP with very little trouble and better MPG to boot.

And let us not forget the Chrysler Imperial. The only car to ever be banned by every demolition derby because it could not be killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

11BulletCatcher posted:

How minor? I'd like to squeeze a bit more than 160 horses from the cougar's 351.

Usually a cam and carb swap will work wonders. An upgrade to a modern electronic ignition will help it run better and more reliably, as many of these cars dabbled with all kinds of different ignition setups that were good ideas, but the technology wasn't up to snuff yet.

Here is a great write up on the 351M.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/8/104/article/High_Performance_Options_for_the_351M400_Engine.html

• Locked thread