Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
America is great and does great things, hardly news imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

America is great and does great things, hardly news imo

Go home Frank, you're drunk.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Great ep. Nice to have some a little sweetness after a lot of dark stuff. The little girl dying got to me cause she was so precious. I'm glad Matty called out his ex on what she did to Debbie(Debbie should have shanked her though). Matty and Debs relationship is pretty interesting. If the genders were reversed I doubt as many people would have been as worried about it turning sexual. I like their platonic relationship and hope that they don't corrupt it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wait so Lip's "girlfriend" is Asian? I assumed she was white and then got really thrown off by her asking if he was surprised that her parents were white.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bamhand posted:

Wait so Lip's "girlfriend" is Asian? I assumed she was white and then got really thrown off by her asking if he was surprised that her parents were white.

lol wat

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bamhand posted:

Wait, really?

Nichole Bloom is clearly Asian (half-Japanese, apparently).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
As an Asian person, I just assumed she was white until it was finally brought up. She does look a lot more Asian in that picture than on the show though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I personally did not find her to be remotely racially ambiguous

E: And I actually think she looks less asian in that picture than on the show, if we're gonna break out the measuring spoons

E2: They even play up Asian stereotypes with the pre-med, billion extra curriculars, music, dance, so on that she mentions re: her as well as her siblings

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 2, 2014

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
And I honestly thought she was unambiguously white ... Am I Stephen Colbert? Can I not see race?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Thats actually hilarious that you didn't get to be surprised that her parents were white though

E: I think i envy you your experience tbh

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Did anyone catch where Amanda said she was adopted from?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Oliver Reed posted:

Did anyone catch where Amanda said she was adopted from?

lol yeah it was great, especially since it seems like it was true

(was some chinese whore house)

E: VvvvvvvvV hahah, forgot about that one. yeah, i saw that one coming but it was still funny

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 2, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

lol yeah it was great, especially since it seems like it was true

(was some chinese whore house)

Maybe she's your mom!:v: was a cheap line but it got a laugh from me

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I thought she was Mexican.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

homo punching bag posted:

Maybe she's your mom!:v: was a cheap line but it got a laugh from me

Carl is legitimately the funniest character on the show now. He has so many throwaway lines like that that crack me up.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Niwrad posted:

Carl is legitimately the funniest character on the show now. He has so many throwaway lines like that that crack me up.

Next to Mickey, he's probably my favorite character this season.

I'm really glad Sammi is sticking around for the next season. We can toss out Sheila and keep her instead; I've really warmed up to her character.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I just saw the episode where they determine Frank is Liams father. Liam is Black?!?!?!?!? How did I not notice this

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think that was mostly supposed to show that the paternity test wasn't working right.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

JakeP posted:

Holy poo poo I just saw the episode where they determine Frank is Liams father. Liam is Black?!?!?!?!? How did I not notice this

This thread is loaded with huge, unmarked spoilers, be careful man.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Oliver Reed posted:

This thread is loaded with huge forehead smacking moments

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

bamhand posted:

As an Asian person, I just assumed she was white until it was finally brought up. She does look a lot more Asian in that picture than on the show though.

Yep. I'm Asian and also thought she was white.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I'm glad Matty called out his ex on what she did to Debbie(Debbie should have shanked her though).

Does Matty know about what Debs did to his ex though? I agree that it was a pretty serious escalation but putting a snake in someone's car, while a fun Shameless-esque gag, is a pretty messed-up thing to do to an unsuspecting person. They went so far to show that Seema was a good person prior to that prank - working a minimum-wage job while in nursing school - that I found it difficult to entirely empathize with Debs on this one.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does Matty know about what Debs did to his ex though? I agree that it was a pretty serious escalation but putting a snake in someone's car, while a fun Shameless-esque gag, is a pretty messed-up thing to do to an unsuspecting person. They went so far to show that Seema was a good person prior to that prank - working a minimum-wage job while in nursing school - that I found it difficult to entirely empathize with Debs on this one.

I believe he addressed that with the very strong point that Debbie is 13 while Seema is an adult and should know better.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

I believe he addressed that with the very strong point that Debbie is 13 while Seema is an adult and should know better.

Very true. I guess I was thinking that the snake prank, while funny to us in a Shameless context, could've been really dangerous and nearly as damaging as the cellphone prank. I didn't really see Seema's retaliation as much of an escalation from the snake thing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well I think Debbie did mention next time she would actually get a real poisonous snake.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Was going through some season 3 episodes. Didn't realize Kenyatta was introduced during the last couple episodes. Also forgot that Mandy introduces him to Lip by saying he blew a load in her mouth in the bathroom :stare:.

And I know it's old ground but the whole Mandy raping Karen with a car thing still bothers me. Yes, Karen was a despicable person, but I dunno. I feel bad. Maybe I'm just being naive and letting 'two wrongs don't make a right' bullshit cloud my vision.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Was anyone else bugged by the product placement in this episode? No speech-to-text function has ever come close to correctly getting a message as long as the one Lip sent. Why are they sending phone pictures to Fiona anyway? She is in prison. She obviously doesn't have a phone. It was such a stretch to include that.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Didn't bother me. Shameless is usually pretty good about product placement.

I think they were sending her e-mails, by the way.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oliver Reed posted:

Was going through some season 3 episodes. Didn't realize Kenyatta was introduced during the last couple episodes. Also forgot that Mandy introduces him to Lip by saying he blew a load in her mouth in the bathroom :stare:.

And I know it's old ground but the whole Mandy raping Karen with a car thing still bothers me. Yes, Karen was a despicable person, but I dunno. I feel bad. Maybe I'm just being naive and letting 'two wrongs don't make a right' bullshit cloud my vision.

Also Karen got sent away with a sex addict to get holistic healing. I know the show made him out to be a stand-up guy and really nice, but that seemed...shady.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oliver Reed posted:

Didn't bother me. Shameless is usually pretty good about product placement.

I think they were sending her e-mails, by the way.

Can you receive emails in prison nowadays?

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can you receive emails in prison nowadays?

Pretty sure you can get occasional computer time/internet access, depending on the prison.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Very true. I guess I was thinking that the snake prank, while funny to us in a Shameless context, could've been really dangerous and nearly as damaging as the cellphone prank. I didn't really see Seema's retaliation as much of an escalation from the snake thing.

Yeah, I originally thought the same, but then Matt pointed out the age thing and I immediately agreed. Seema should've explained the situation to Matt like an adult so he could talk to Debbie and set her straight. Instead she acted like... well, a thirteen-year-old girl. gently caress her. And I'm pretty sure that snake was largely harmless (or at least not poisonous). Stupid poo poo to pull, but Debbie is just a kid, she can be forgiven for pulling stupid poo poo.
Really, this poo poo is all Mandy's fault. Goddamn Milkoviches :v:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Was anyone else bugged by the product placement in this episode? No speech-to-text function has ever come close to correctly getting a message as long as the one Lip sent. Why are they sending phone pictures to Fiona anyway? She is in prison. She obviously doesn't have a phone. It was such a stretch to include that.

It was a bit jarring yeah but then again fifififi fiona was kinda :3:

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Tonight's the night. Then we get to wait until next year for more Shameless.

I don't have any real predictions. Last week was a relatively happy episode by Shameless standards so I can only imagine things will go downhill fast. I'm hoping Bonnie becomes a regular next season. Already glad Sammi will be.

Midrena
May 2, 2009
Now that Mickey and Ian have the happy ending to their story arc, I suppose it's time to poo poo all over it and have Terry Milkovich get out of jail and come shoot Ian in the face and kill him for the finale.

The writers of the show broke me as the seasons have progressed and now I'm just constantly looking for the poo poo-shoe to drop. :smith:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Actually the season enders to me have always been somewhat positive/neutral (by this show's standards).

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i wouldn't mind if ian got shot in the face tbh

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

:aaaaa: That was a drat fine episode. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is drat fine, too. :swoon:

Mickey's desperation with Ian is heartbreaking; I wish Ian's storyline had more screen-time/resolution.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

So good! Mickey's protective instinct of Ian was so heartwarming, and how he told Fiona that they were going to take care of him together. Once again Carl has the best one-liners, with "I think the rent-a-cops are winning." The diner owner guy seems interesting and I'm looking forward to how that all plays out next season. And of course, JIMMY STEVE ahhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
According to twitter, not even the rest of the cast knew that JimmySteve was returning, so they found out about it while watching the episode with everyone else. That's some good secret-keeping on the writers' part.

Finales this season have been really hit or miss (mostly miss), but I came away from this one feeling really excited about the possibilities for next year.

• Locked thread