Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
^^^It's on netflix DVD which is probably what they meant.

I don't wanna start a fight here or anything, but what did everyone think of the puppet episode in season 4? It's the only episode I've outright turned off out of disgust, which sucks because I was actually kinda impressed with season 4's opener. Everything about it felt wrong, like it was ticking the boxes for 'puppet episode' rather than subverting it like Harmon might have.

cat doter fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

It was pretty loving terrible from someone who just started reading this thread recently.

I only read the threads occasionally when there are actual episodes on, but I kinda stopped reading during season 4, it got a little...nuts.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Which one is that one again? I don't know the episodes by name. I quite liked the halloween episode.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

The One Where Jeff Plays Pool In His Underwear

I'd have to rewatch it, it's easy to trick netflix into thinking I'm in canada so I'm doing that now!

As much as they're hyped up Contemporary American Poultry and Modern Warfare are really, really great episodes. I know the latter started the retarded 'MORE PAINTBALL EPISODES' craze but in a vacuum it's pretty loving fantastic.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The Dark One posted:

Maybe I just haven't watched enough gangster movies, but Poultry felt a bit flat for me. Sure, I laughed while watching it, but it didn't stand out compared to anything else in the season.

It's great for the same reason Modern Warfare is great with the deft action movie references. It's a pretty pitch perfect amalgamation of gangster movies.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

The only thing I wish had changed was the lighting from 5x01 (which did really suit it) reverted to 'Classic Community' for the next episode, but that didn't seem to be the case. It's no huge deal, it's understandable that they're trying to run what should be an expensive show on a tight budget, but I miss the nice bright colours :(

Oh come the gently caress on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Bown posted:

hahaha Dan Harmon decided to bitch out some girl on tumblr for I guess posting a gif? with nothing in the original post to insinuate that she was even talking about Community. Anyone have any clue here, or is this just Harmon being a baby? (ignoring the fact that responding and posting that is pretty drat stupid already)

It's a pretty good bitch out, imo. I mean just complaining about something like that and posting a .gif is like walking into a room calling everyone idiots, farting, then walking out. Yeah way to contribute asshat.

• Locked thread