Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am completely excited to have different opinions from all of you during this potential train wreck!

(Seriously though, I have no idea if this is going to work or not. I really want it to succeed, because the best of Community is some drat great TV, but I'm also terrified that this show is about to just jump up it's own rear end completely, and that fear won't be completely assuaged until I actually see the episodes for myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Her is amazing. Watch before you judge.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, so what did I miss before the theme song?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

movax posted:

But Johnny Galecki :/

Joaquin Phoenix. He does look a hell of a lot like Galecki though.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maxwell Lord posted:

The lighting seems really dark. Tone or cost saving?

Yes. (Tone, obv)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Sweeping the whole Changnesia thing under the rug really quickly like that was hilarious.

They put as much thought into it as the writers last season did.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is going on now?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I may strongly dislike the idea of Dan Harmon as a human being, but he was clearly put on this earth to make this television show.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

Shut up Leonard

Nicolas Cage Good or bad?

Good, clearly.

Also, that dean sequence was amazing.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nic Cage isn't bad, he's merely a stage actor who never learned to tone it down for the screen.

There, course over.

Never needed to, you mean.

Seriously, Nic Cage is awesome.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like almost everything about this, but my one complaint is that they clearly have no idea what to do with Troy. The others already have a pretty clear trajectory, but they probably just gave up on Troy because he's gone in a few episodes.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

Harmon has said that despite the nasty behavior between him and Chevy during the course of the show, there aren't really any hard feelings between them. I wouldn't be shocked if Harmon talked him into doing it as a sendoff for the character. Plus the nature of the cameo means that they literally could've sent a crew to Chevy's house to shoot it if they had to.

The Chevy cameo was the moment I knew that the show was gonna be OK.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright guys, here's the deal: Short Term 12, one of the best movies of the year, comes out on bluray in a week. Y'all should go watch that because it's a fantastic loving movie, and then you will get why Brie Larson is awesome.

She's also p good in The League and United States of Tara, but seriously, Short Term 12. And if you liked that, she's also in Don Jon and The Spectacular Now, which are out now/coming out next week as well, respectively.

Also, she was a nice changeup for the show because it was a chance to explore something that really hadn't ever been explored, save a couple of b-plots in a few episodes in the first couple of seasons; Abed and romance. That's a well they left underexplored, which means it was nice when they actually went for it, and (unlike most other things last season) didn't bungle it up.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe the CW or cable will pick it up, but I doubt the other big networks will want a show with Community's numbers.

I blame Chevy Chase and Donald Glover.

The CW doesn't do half-hour shows.

If someone picks it up it will be Hulu, is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Capn Beeb posted:

Countdown until it becomes the next darling show of tumblr, complete with self-insert fanfic and ships.

What do you mean "until"?

• Locked thread