Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
It's very strange to think that in a year or so I'll own seasons 1-3, 5 of Community and not 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Happy October 19th, everybody :yotj:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

So, so, so, so glad Community is back to its old self.

I could have sworn the dean said it was his "ideantidean" and it made me laugh twice as hard.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

The gas leak year consisted of Jeff and Pierce graduating, which we sort of saw, and then another semester in which everyone else graduated (or left, I don't think Britta finished a degree). I really didn't expect them to reference season 4 but that gas leak gag was a pleasant surprise.

I really hope Andre comes back, both so Malcom-Jamal Warner can come back and because I don't see another happy ending for Shirley without her family.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I still can't get over how good the Pierce hologram was (callback to Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking) when I didn't expect anything but a brief mention of him. It's still sad that he's not going to be around, I really wish they could have gotten him as a guest for a couple of episodes. Depending on the final status of his character, I'd really like to see this happen in the sixth season NBC knows it needs to give us to cut down riots by 40%.

Also, I regret not simply posting "...do we all have to say something?" after the episodes. I really Britta'd that.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I completely forgot that the long list of guest stars is being packed into thirteen episodes. It almost makes me nervous, that's the kind of thing an NBC show does in its final season.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

precision posted:

Two fantastic episodes, though I do think it would still be funny if there was a season 6, it gets actual good ratings, and Harmon says "Nope, no season 7, you wanted six seasons and a movie and that's it!"

I'd be fine with this because it would mean we get a movie.

By the way, I have a strong feeling that the movie will end up being a production of Cool Abed Films if we don't get an actual movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0FUyiVYR8

It's a good thing the full film didn't make it into the episode because I would have also been crying at the end.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Honestly, the Pierce hologram and that Troy line were done very well and a great way to sort of hang a lampshade on their departures. That was probably the hardest job Repilot had to do and it was done very well.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Bown posted:

Yeah the whole episode I was thinking "man abed should know better than this" Cage is unquestionably great.

Yes, but is the the terrible kind of great?!

I really loved his first Cageburst in the apartment, it reminded me of Pinocchio turning into an rear end.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

What are you gonna do? Not have butts?

thexerox123 posted:

"You can't stop me, because what are you gonna do, not have butts?"

Edit: Haha. Popular quote!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You can't stop me because whatareyagonna do, not have butts?

MrAristocrates posted:

You can't stop me because what are you gonna do? Not have butts?

I think we have a new thread title.

If not though it has to be one of Abed's lines, his "gently caress you" look to the Dean was great. He's grown a lot as a character while still being Abed.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I'm watching it again and wow is the music top notch. Also, Jim Rash really shines in this one.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Shakugan posted:

Right, this is exactly my point. Implying that what it alludes to, sexual harassment, "is something people treat as serious, but its not".

No, they treated it like sexual harassment in that they took it seriously, but it wasn't that so it wasn't to be taken seriously.

The only offensive joke to me was the soccer joke. But it's Dan Harmon.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I really like the running joke of Shirley genuinely misunderstanding and loving things that reference angels or god.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I guess we know who was growing that small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium.

He apparently graduated and became a botany professor.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Anyone else think it was Britta from the first letter's mixed metaphors?

Her reading of the first letter reminded me of her trying to tell a scary story in Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Shirley definitely talked him out of throwing them all away.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

You have soiled virgin snow with the yellow stain of spoilers.

Snow falls from the heavens pure. We cannot blame the snow for being spoiled by the earth.

Manisgood :cry:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

It seems reasonable for them, one more big season for both shows.

Then NBC walks into a bathroom, shuts the door, and we hear a muffled gunshot.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I like how they laid in that he'll be gone "for a year...maybe longer". It sounds like they'd have him back for the season 6 finale at the very least.

Also, I lost it at Shirley's "What have you brought to my door?!"

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

During the A- Riot, while other students has chairs and binders, Real Neil has board with nails sticking out of it. Dude clearly is just looking for a reason.

By putting nails in his board he upgraded his club to a spiked club, going from a d6 to a d8. Dude knows how to do some damage.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

mcbexx posted:

I'm currently rewatching season 2 and I'm not going to start an argument AGAIN about which season was the best, but drat, season 2 is good television. Just finished Abed's uncontrollable Christmas and there wasn't a single episode I felt like skipping, not even the religious documentary one ("ABED").

After watching it maybe four times I finally realized that the woman singing "Abed" is singing "Shirley" when Shirley destroys the film in the third act.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

"To the spoiler goes the victory" is a really good line.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

If you don't know what fat dogging is you're streets behind.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

My friend and I have been doing the Troy and Abed double slap since season two and as soon as episode four aired we switched to this.

It is much easier to pull off.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Let's ask ourselves: What is a story?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I like how the fives still had to keep up their charades at the top. Hickey saying "it's my birthday!" with false enthusiasm was great. I laughed hardest at his scoff just before the theme, though. He really is a great addition to the group.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Requesting a gif of Abed and Anthony's smile exchange.

Also, kind of a big reveal that Chang smokes pot? Actually, based on his behavior, I wouldn't be surprised if it was synthetic.

superjew fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 14, 2014

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

D&D is as fun as the DM and players make it. This varies.

This episode was good but it seemed to really fly by. I do think I'll use the "you'd better think to not use fire on this old bridge" trap in my next D&D session this week.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Abed trying to lose the camera with a misdirect to the teachers lounge was hilarious and I won't hear otherwise.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

A sixth season of single character episodes written by Dan Harmon and Jim Rash, you say?

I'm not expecting this to come back but I made my peace with Futurama at one point and that was a pleasant surprise.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

ETB posted:

I think Dan would have to murder several people for the movie to not be released.

Them's some betting odds!

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Those are great.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I'm much more concerned about them getting Donald Glover to make the most minimal effort to appear.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Is there any news about guest stars?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Community was a lot better when it had this tone. After Season Three it seemed to shift from being a series about a group of misfits finding hope and family to a group of addicts driving each other further down a dark path.

If things went well (like the show being supported by the network and not being gutted for not putting up Friends numbers while in the same time slot as the goddamn hypnotoad of sitcoms) then the fourth season could have brought resolution to some issues and show how they've grown as people.

First, let's ask ourselves - "What is a story?"

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I wonder who they're giving Shirley's line to this season.

:drat:

I wish she'd get some kind of departure. Exposition of some off-camera events explaining a character's absence makes me think of the darkest timeline, and that makes me think of the fourth season, and then I want to drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Also I hear Community is coming back, that's something to watch.

• Locked thread