Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Did Shirley make the sign of the cross? I thought she wasn't catholic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

Who cares, it's funny.

Not really. This is a B- episode at best.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh yeah. Dean was the loving rock of this episode. Still the worst D&D episode it's ever done.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Republican Vampire posted:

It wasn't even a paintball episode is the thing.

What made paintball work is that the three paintball episodes work as small scale action movies. They also transform Greendale to a greater extent than pretty much any other high concept episodes other than maybe Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas and the upcoming animated one. A paintball episode is a big spectacle that transforms Greendale more than any previous episode, and it'd be a huge disappointment if it didn't.

It wasn't a paintball episode. It was just the "Evil" study group and paintball guns and a guy that was clearly originally intended to be Alan and a whole bunch of other stuff piled on in the vain hope that it would somehow add up to a decent finale. It was the epitome of Season Four's cargo cult approach to recreating Harmon's version of Community.

Who is Alan?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Republican Vampire posted:

Alan is the evil lawyer played by Rob Corddry. He's the one who cost Jeff his job.

Oh. I thought there was a hangover inspired character that I'd utterly forgot about.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

The vampire hunters are looking for you make a roll for stealth
I'm going to start singing the theme song from Alf!

Actual thing that happened in a game I played.

Were you playing with Vin Diesel? Or did you just not consider kicking his rear end? Roll for....something. IDK role playing games.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Angry Walrus posted:

I could never give a poo poo about the stakes of the first one because I cannot buy that playing just one game of D&D with a fat nerd is just going to magically clear up his issues and depression and make him magically not-suicidal. Whereas the second D&D episode's hook was trying to find a starting point for Hickey and his son to start reconnecting, something easier to swallow.

Yeah, if you think this episode was better than the first D&D episode you're loving wrong. :colbert: First was better in every way.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

I mean how many of you have seen an episode? Not many I would bet and while you were reading my post I best most to all of you were nodding in agreement having already knew all of that

I've seen the movie AND I know that Duke is going to be A-Ok!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

Season 2 is probably my favourite season of television ever, so the show has earned some serious cred in my eyes.

It was the funniest show, joke-after-joke style since Friends, I really care about the characters and the first two seasons had great little moments of friendship and heart reminiscent of some of the best stuff Scrubs did but on a more personal level, it does far more interesting stuff and goes higher concept than pretty much anything else in its genre AND it's made by people who know and love television, for people who know and love television, with all the knowing winks and nods to clichés as it goes.

Plus incredible cast, the best (most OCD) production department and little things like this network sitcom having some of the coolest action sequences and beautiful shots on TV in those first two years.

Downside is I'm talking almost entirely about the first two seasons here. Season 3 got too wacky, weirdly aimless and started recycling a lot of ideas - but was still funny. Season 4 was incredibly boring and unfunny and proved that Dan Harmon was pretty much the central nervous system of the show. And season 5 so far has been a return to the funny and despite a strong start and Buzz Hickey being a really good character - it hasn't quite lived up to the heartwarming aspect of the first two seasons. (Other than Troy's goodbye.) Probably on the same level as season 3 though.

So yeah, those are my feelings on a TV show?

P.S. I can't stand Rick and Morty.

Who cares, your opinions suck.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Man I haven't finished the episode and I haven't read the thread but man Chang is such a piece of poo poo. Very disappointed the writers took this direction with him.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

Season 6 needs to pair her with Jeff again because that always works for some reason.

It's called chemistry. Jeff has it with everyone.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

El Tortuga posted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but "Modern Warfare" is the season one paintball episode. "Paradigms of Human Memory" (the clip show) in season three has a clip to a noir-themed game of paintball that didn't actually happen. And season four's finale had paintball in it.

Do not recall this clip at all. But it's a second season episode I believe.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sakarja posted:

Season 3 clip show.

Which episode is that? Because Paradigms is definitely season 2.

• Locked thread