Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Why the gently caress is Sylvester McCoy in that? Isn't he busy being in The Hobbit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

I am a fan of both Doctor Who and Community. Am I a bad person?

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Do like the later seasons of MASH. Ignore the fact that there are only 8-9 people at this school and see where it takes you.

I mean, everyone loves the sad seasons 8-11 of MASH where they still creepily had a laugh track, right?

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Tartan Target posted:

MASH never had a laugh track when it aired in the UK...

You're missing out on a thousand sad moments with Riotous Laughter played over them. It's weird.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Season 1 is the worst when they had the laugh track in the OR. The DVDs have a great feature were you can turn it off.

Yep. Those DVDs are a Godsend. The later seasons are seriously weird when they kick that laugh track on.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

I enjoy the television programs, "Community" and "Parks and Recreation," and discussing them with friends.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

1st AD posted:

Arrested Development Season 5 please.

Dan Harmon writing for GOB would be pretty fantastic.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

1st AD posted:

This is probably the only way AD Season 5 happens, period.

Meet Professor Fünke, everyone.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

The noise Jonathan Banks made when Major Dick hurt his back cracked me up.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

This was the weirdest episode to me. I enjoyed it but it wasn't really funny. Just strange.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Last Chance posted:

Season 3 was just fine in my book. It gave us Remedial Chaos Theory, Pillows and Blankets, and Basic Lupine Urology. Great stuff. The rest of the season varied in quality, but was still good television.

I liked season three, too. Michael Ironside in a sitcom episode? Sign me the gently caress up.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

tinstaach posted:

"My name is Ronald Muhammad. Go ahead, I'm heard 'em all" just laid me out.

And if we're playing the favourite metaphor game, mine was Jeff and Britta finally trying to settle for some normalcy only to have pure insanity (in the form of Annie, Abed, and the dean) burst through the door.

There might only be one episode of Community left, oh man.

It's had a fairly decent run, at least. Newsradio only had five seasons (97 episodes), and it's The Greatest Sitcom. So if Community dies after five seasons (97 episodes), I'll consider it a success.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

I like that they dedicated so much of what may be the series finale to Chris Elliot being weird as Hell.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

And really, Pierce's funeral served as the "heartfelt finale" episode of the season. A retrospective on all the characters, a farewell to one and setting up a farewell for another, and a good mix of sentimentality and humor. Season 5's biggest failing is just not following up on everything it established in the first episode. It teased some major changes in the characters' lives, then never really followed through. It seems like it could have used more episodes to just let the characters breathe.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. There weren't any bad episodes, they were just kind of there for the most part. Enjoyable, but nothing special.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Season five was good, but I still don't really want a season six. Hopefully it will be worthwhile.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

I liked the finale, it was the middle stretch and the season's weak premise that bothered me. Repilot is easily the worst episode of the series. D&D2 was bad for all the reasons the first D&D episode was good. Lava was bad, Meowmeowbeanz forgettable. And the less said about GI Joe, the better.

The only reason Meowmeowbeanz worked for me is because literally less than a day before I watched it, I showed my wife LOGAN'S RUN for the first time. Seeing them nearly back to back is Great.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

"Fat Dog for Mid-Terms" is the hardest I've ever laughed at the show.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Eh, it doesn't seem like too dickish a response to me. Just kind of upfront. I did like him calling out the "Six seasons and a movie" meme. Mainly because I hate how ever-present it is now.

Anyway, have we heard whether John Oliver will be back or not? I know that at some point, he'd commented he'd like to be.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Sakarja posted:

I'm not sure if he's actually confirmed it or not.

Even if they're not regulars, I really hope they still pop up for an episode or two. They really helped season five. And I need to know if Hickey's comic ever gets picked up.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Angry Walrus posted:

Maybe that's their in-show reason for writing him out as a regular. Jim the Duck makes it big so he doesn't have to teach at Greendale anymore.

That would be great.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

Also, bring back Keith David for narration.

Any episode. I'd be down. Keith David is always welcome.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo.

Agreed.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Koalas March posted:

I hope this means we get more references to The Cape.

I hope we get an episode based on The Thing.

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

I hope we get a Rick and Morty episode, a Seinfeld episode, a episode based on the movie Fat Camp, an episode starring Jack Black's character from the first season, an episode where Jeff and Annie go back in time, an episode about airplane food, a reference to a bad movie nobody's seen, Britta wears a sexy wig, two words: D&D 3, lava v paintball: return of the pillow fort, the dean to wear an amazing outfit, the Dean to become a part of the gang, Jeff and the Dean to kiss, the rest of the gang to carry the Dean on their shoulders like at a concert, but through the school and chanting his name..

Agreed

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Emerson Cod posted:

I know they haven't announced anything about Donald Glover coming back for a cameo but I hope that Joel McHale wasn't serious about LeVar Burton eating Troy while being held as hostages by pirates when he guested on Harmontown. It sounded like that was a real line that Dan wanted to keep under wraps, though.

That would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Torrenting a show that streams free online is the most internet thing ever.

It's the natural evolution.

• Locked thread