Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I know almost nothing about copyright law, but there's something I'm confused about. Why exactly would NBC and Community need to be careful with the legal stuff with Inspector Spacetime when it's a parody? I thought parodies were supposed to be protected under Fair Use laws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bown posted:

Yeah, I was kidding that his comments were acceptable. He said it was like watching his family being held down and raped on a park bench.

I believe it was 'beach', not 'park bench'. This is important, because

https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/346910806010642432

On that note, how exactly do you embed tweets on here? Just pasting the Embed Tweet code doesn't seem to work.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Awesome title. Always Cast Bries would have been great, though. I hope we see more of Larson this season.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

That was just precious. Great episode, and I loved what they did with Vince. Also, Jim Rash is some kind of minor deity.

I'm also happy to hear about the Blu-ray release. I hope that the series gets a sixth season, concludes with a movie (I mean, they did have it in the trailers :v:), and we finally receive the Community Complete Series Blu-ray boxset.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Community: CAB - Cartoons And Booze

Alcohol Breeds Cartoons?

Animated Booze Coma?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Typical posted:

yeah, no that cake was for the Party at Harmon's house, I was there and had some. Erin Made it. Her boobs were made of Rice Crispie treats. It was good, also there was some green stuff in it that was also chocolate.

here is Ryan Ridley cutting her open.

I just watched the new Hannibal episode, so this image feels right somehow.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ACB - Ancient Cash Bundle

BAC - Britta's Abrupt Cancellation

CBA - Carnage By Asteroid

Or is the running gag basically over?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

It was over 11 episodes ago...

Might wanna let whoever made the individual titles for all 11 of those episodes know that, then.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

gently caress yes, one of Gillian's favourite films is The Raid:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/walk_of_shame_2013/news/1930273/five_favorite_films_with_gillian_jacobs/

quote:

Are you a big action fan?

I really enjoy them. I have a hard time watching people getting punched on screen; I have to close my eyes a lot. But somehow, maybe just the sheer number of punchings overwhelmed me and I was okay.

:allears:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This sucks, badly. I hope they can get the show picked up by Netflix or something. At the very least, a Kickstarter for a wrap-up movie would likely be completely possible.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

I'm never gonna argue AGAINST more Community, but wrap-up what?

Just have a real, proper goodbye to the characters where they leave Greendale behind for good and move on with their lives. I just want a finale that was actually written as a finale.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

So after Sony announced their initiative to make shows for PlayStation at E3 (starting with Powers), I wonder - why don't they just bring back Community as a PlayStation show? There'd be plenty of overlap with the demographics at least, and wouldn't making it in-house be easier?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

WoohooYahoo!

*does Irish jig*

I was honestly wondering if it'd come back as a PlayStation show, not Yahoo of all things.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

sniper4625 posted:

Guess we have to change the thread title now.

Yeah, this. Maybe just The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community: Five Seasons?

edit: Aaaaaaand just as I post that we get a more straightforward one. gently caress yeah.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Way ahead of you.

Streets ahead, even.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

El Murguista posted:

So is the world still destroyed or are we switching timelines or what?

I'm guessing we get a joke about the asteroid JUST missing Earth.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Can't Americans watch GoT on HBO GO? I know that's not free, but isn't it cheaper than a cable bundle?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

HBO Go isn't an independent service like Netflix is. You have to have a cable subscription WITH HBO to use it, because ComCast and its ilk are a shakedown racket.

Of course. Bow before the Benevolent Hand of the Free Market.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

For people who don't feel like clicking through nine ad-filled pages:

I keep thinking I've found my favourite, then I look at the others again, and... I'm never escaping this loop, am I?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Thank you, good person. Is there an opposite of Britta'ing it?

Aiding and Abed-ing? :downsrim:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Now I want a super-experimental episode called La Jetta.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Babygravy posted:

Would it be black and white and silent?

I would be sickened if it wasn't.

Also, bring back Keith David for narration.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Klungar posted:

He got Werner Herzog to do a voice on Rick and Morty this upcoming season, so anything's possible...

I really just want the Pierce role to be filled by someone playing a live-action version of Rick. For at least one episode.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its OK, irish joe, I still love you :glomp:

Mixing this post with your avatar and caption is amusing and disturbing.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/506808530653827073

It begins :getin:

Well, maybe. I hope.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ashpanash posted:

Dan Harmon has said previously that writing starts on the 8th or 9th, so I don't know what McHale would be doing Community-wise other then some producing stuff?

Oh, really? In that case I guess it probably isn't Community-related, though I'm glad to hear that the writing begins soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

adhuin posted:

Weren't those just quick guest star cameos though?

On proper modern crossovers there's always the superhero-shows like Arrow and Flash. They did an actual two-part story with the main cast members from both of the shows. And they're planning to do it yearly.

It's probably much easier when one show is a spin-off and they're both from the same company.

As awesome as the Arrow/Flash stuff was, calling it a two-part story isn't really right. More like two stories with the second being lightly foreshadowed in the first. I hope their next one is much more of a true crossover event.

• Locked thread