Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I once loved a 2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irish Joe posted:

You and everybody under 35. Its a weird thing to riff on since most of Community's viewers are too young to have watched GI Joe when it was on the air.

Iterations of G.I.Joe still air, and a number of younger people are familiar with the original series having watched reruns that show on The Hub sometimes (I think) or the parody P.S.A. videos. Hell, having grown up in the 90s, Saturday morning cartoons were full of those P.S.A. commercials, and I never once saw an episode of Joe around them.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irish Joe posted:

Yes, and with the possible exception of Family Guy, all those shows should have stayed dead.

I'm convinced that you run your posts through a filter that outputs the exact opposite of what you actually meant.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spacebump posted:

If the movie happens, I would be shocked if it wasn't straight to video/a streaming service.

I would be cool with a three-episode-long episode going straight to Netflix/DVD or whatever.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fil5000 posted:

Hey, come on now! 45 minutes.

Also the back door pilot had the antagonist construct a lifelike full bodied 3d model of a woman to use as an avatar on a dating site and then blackmailed people with it. Not like "I sent a dude a picture of a hot woman i found online and claimed I was her" but "I found two images of this woman online and made a full render of her, including her voice, then I rendered her in real time interactive chat sessions with someone over the web simulating a webcam chat, including automated voice responses that are incredibly close to passing the Turing test". It's worse than the infamous ncis two people typing on the same keyboard scene.

The CSI:NY Second Life episode prepared me for this.

• Locked thread