Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MrAristocrates posted:

That makes no sense to me because the Inspector Spacetime stuff really never went much further than "Look, Blorgons!" It was a pretty shallow parody, all things considered. I don't understand why they'd need to check for infringement.

Usually when two shows are rammin together consonants and vowels to make funny words they're both safe just doing whatever. But when show A has a 50 year omni-media prescense, show B has to be careful not to accidentally reuse anything from show A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Indie Rocktopus posted:

It's funny, thinking about the structure of the whole series from the perspective of Harmon's story wheel - last season was the third act where things go downhill, and this will (hopefully!) be the climactic resolution where everything comes back together.

Also, as much as I'll miss Don Glover, I think having Troy move on could be really positive for Abed's character.

Only if he doesn't spend most of the season stuck in the Troy-hole.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ultramiraculous posted:

"How could he leave Scrubs after all Scrubs did for him?!?"

I can't help but feel this was a lovely line to make Donglover say.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Emerson Cod posted:

I loved the implication that Hickey could be the ripper.

That's the implication you got? Not that he was a cop fired for not catching a different serial predator?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought something similar came up earlier than that. Back in season 2(?) when Chang was living with him and Duncan came over for MU Real Madrid game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Republican Vampire posted:

I think it's less about him leaving Community and more about him leaving comedy. I mean he was one of the funnier and more interesting writers on 30 Rock and he was in Derrick Comedy before he was really on anyone's radar when it comes to rap. That doesn't invalidate him as an artist, although I think that his last disc was kind of bad, but it does mean that comedy nerds feel a sense of ownership that's exacerbated by the real lack of respect for comedy as a medium. It seems like a comic is abandoning comedy for something that seems more legitimate, and that automatically puts people on the defensive.

But he's not leaving comedy? He wanted more time to work on his rap and stand up and negotiated a schedule to do that when FX gave him his own sitcom.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sakarja posted:

It seems like Community's best chance for a sixth season is if NBC decides to keep it around as spackle. And that's assuming they don't make any major changes to their thursday nights.

About that, NFL is bidding out the rights to at least 8 Thursday Night Football and NBC is odds on favorite since Sunday Night Football is huge ratings win for them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

computer parts posted:

That post is funny if only because there was a guy earlier who was crying that the Season 4 thread treated him like a rabid dog because he dared to voice criticism about the episodes.

You're surprised that members of this forum would have persecution complexes?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, this thread has me agree with Aaron Sorkin's internet fan soap box from the West Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just don't get the appeal.

• Locked thread