Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Fondle my shiny metal ass

I have high hopes for season 5. I think it bodes well that the cast seem to be excited about this season too.

Also if we're going to talk about S1 great episodes, then it's:

1) Contemporary American Poultry
2)Pys Ed
3) Modern Warfare

Although anyone reading who hasn't seen season one should realize that this is just an argument about which episodes are the best in a season filled with great episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Community thread is stickied

:feelsgood:

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

AND WE'RE BACK!!!

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Haha "What does Et Tu Brutè mean?"....................."SLIGHTLY HIGHER GRADES!!!!"

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Community Season 5: JEFFS FACE, THE LIGHTING. OMG.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

For the mike thing to work out, community would have to be a prequel. Mike, frustrated teacher turns to crime to pay his burial bills

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Max posted:

I think, more than anything else, I'm going to miss the Troy and Abed tags when Don leaves the show.

So there is a clear Chevy replacement in Banks. Is there a known "troy replacement" yet?

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

While we're on the subject of new study group members, why is Fat Neil always everyone's go to goon of choice?

It's all about Team Garett

Dude's a legit sperglord you can tell

Its like God spilled a person

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Wow. This was top notch TV.

I laughed really hard a bunch of times, which is pretty much the best metric for "is this good TV?"

Thanks Dan Harmon!

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I actually thought if it had any commentary at all it was on gun rights.

The dean tried to ban change throughout the school, someone comments that banning change wont solve the problem, "Troys Law", etc.

Maybe I was misreading it, but I got way more of a gun rights thing out of it than a rape thing.

Either way, i wouldn't take it too seriously.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

Goddamn I love Jonathan Banks despite the fact he only really plays a curmudgeonly dude.

To be fair, he plays a curmudgeonly dude really, REALLY well.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Brooklyn 99 is funny, but its not on the same level as Community in my mind. To its credit its not on the same level as BBT or 2.5 Men either.

It has come into its own though, which is a good thing and its far from bad TV.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I was gonna say, read any colleges (community or otherwise) newspaper and those are the types of crimes you see, with a real one sprinkled in every so often.

In fact, my college had a serial garbage can flipper, multiple serial fountain pissers, and my town (although not a college town) had a serial inflatable Christmas lawn ornament popper a couple years ago, which I found hilarious.

Jim Silly-Balls fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 11, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

mods namechange to asscrack.wav

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Wasnt Chevy blubbering about how TV was beneath him some time early on in Community?

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I will just leave this here

https://twitter.com/CommunityS20/status/280413212778835968

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I hope they never revisit that bit because it was played out in the first season.

Or maybe they could have a D&D campaign take place in a paintball game occurring on the set of Troy and Abed in the morning. The Dean can crossdress and inspector spacetime from the darkest timeline can appear with the Schmitty kids to make fun of Jack Black. You know, whatever wanks fans off most.

You're the worst

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Are we gonna get Ders from workaholics this season? We already had Blake and Adam, so why not?

RIP Jetset.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Kinda cool that they gave Troy an in for later.

"troys back from sailing around the world and also hes rich now!"

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I think both the dean and prof. Hickey could have added to this episode. Pierce getting pissed about his replacement from beyond the grave would have been hilarious, as would the potential to give the dean a vial of sperm and/or call out all his character flaws and past transgressions

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Its nice that they gave him an in if he wants it.

Overall, I wasn't super impressed with this episode. It really felt like a retread of the other action eps theyve done. Maybe its because I havent seen most of the movies they were referencing? I dunno.

I liked that Britta took a stand in this one, and she had some funny lines, but overall.....meh.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Hey quit hanging a lampshade on the hanging of lampshades

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I didnt get it till the end that the fat dogs were just the bears with dog ears. Thats classic

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I'm pretty sure there was a hidden NFL reference here, being that Harmon is from Milwaukee. Chicago Bears fan slogan for the bears is "Bear Down", Green Bay and Chicago are like the most storied NFL rivals, and the bear attack in this episode took place in Wisconsin.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

ashpanash posted:

Here's what Dan Harmon knows about football:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdAf8l__9x8

I'm not into sports either, but being from Wisconin, the whole bear down thing is beyond common knowledge

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I don't see what you're pointing out here :confused:

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

If the wire is in thanks to the transitive property of Richard Belzer Community is the fantasy of an autistic kid.

The wire is in because Abed and Troy specifically discuss it.

Troy: "I think I got half of it, which got me through the half I didnt"
Abed: "Like the first season of The Wire"

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Great episode, Hurwitz was put to great use, the standup was funny, tim and eric were subdued enough to blend in, that tag at the end was absolutely hilarious.

5 MeowMeowBeenz!!

I do agree that there was probably much more to this episode that we didnt get to see, and would probably have been better as an hour long ep.

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

MORE REDDIT CHAT PLEASE

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

This is the gas leak thread

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

I thought this was an amazing episode from start to finish. I laughed more at this ep than any so far this year.

I like that they addressed the Troy thing, and I hope it goes somewhere good.

Really, REALLY liked this episode

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

This is in my top 3 episodes of community from the entire run. Absolutely loved this episode.

The dean rap
Abeds one-liners
Annies brother
Brie Larson
Vince gilligan
Breaking bad with text books

Holy poo poo this is exactly what I love about Community

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

Dunno how much I am able to say with out breaking the NDA, but suffice to say you will NOT be disappointed..

Is it better than the puppet episode? That's all I need to know

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

swickles posted:

I don't get the puppet episode hate. Like, it wasn't joke heavy I get that, but it wasn't outright bad. Also, puppets! :3:

Its the only episode of Community I didnt even finish. I've watched Seasons 1 and 2 probably 8 times, S3 maybe 5, S4 I watched all episodes at least once, S5 I've watched them all twice. Puppet episode? Got about 10 minutes in and shut it off.

Havent looked back. :feelsgood:

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Community: CAB - Cartoons And Booze

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Ugh, can we unplug the internet?

http://imgur.com/5d8nLMW

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

yeah, no that cake was for the Party at Harmon's house, I was there and had some. Erin Made it. Her boobs were made of Rice Crispie treats. It was good, also there was some green stuff in it that was also chocolate.

here is Ryan Ridley cutting her open.

Ok that's better, I thought it was someone's gross and crazily immediate reaction to the episode

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

Maybe you should stop getting so worked up about what other people do?

Hi, welcome to the thread!

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzysIK3QuUs

Dont think I saw this posted yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Silly-Balls
Jun 6, 2001

If there is actually anyone out there who is a Community fan and ISNT watching Rick and Morty, you should start. R&M just wrapped season 1, and is chock-full of Harmon-ness, so you can get your fix over there as well.

• Locked thread