Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Fat Neil will be too busy for Community:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/charley-koontz-cast-csi-cyber-regular-role/

I don't know if anyone saw the backdoor pilot for CSI Cyber, but it was pretty loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Oh cool, 22 or so minutes of 'Just a sec, gonna do an IP trace on that hacker with a GUI i made from visual basic... enhance, enhance, enhance!'

I might actually watch this for the unintentional comedy factor.

Hey, come on now! 45 minutes.

Also the back door pilot had the antagonist construct a lifelike full bodied 3d model of a woman to use as an avatar on a dating site and then blackmailed people with it. Not like "I sent a dude a picture of a hot woman i found online and claimed I was her" but "I found two images of this woman online and made a full render of her, including her voice, then I rendered her in real time interactive chat sessions with someone over the web simulating a webcam chat, including automated voice responses that are incredibly close to passing the Turing test". It's worse than the infamous ncis two people typing on the same keyboard scene.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

KOOOOGLER!!! :argh:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Could someone put that picture next to one of an egg? If it looks bigger next to the egg, we're definitely in the butt zone.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

umalt posted:

Man, they're really gonna need to get either Donglover or someobody else to fill in a fifth slot in the group now that Brown's gone.

I mean the group dynamic for the current "Greendale Four" is Jeff, Britta, Abed, and Annie. Two people with perpetually unresolved sexual tension, as well as an autistic nerd and an over-achiever who are roommates. (And don't make a joke about Sherley being under-used)

This just feels a little bit anemic, especially since the dynamics worked in several directions. Community has always found a kind of dynamism by taking advantage of how varied these relationships were; you could pair Jeff and Peirce for daddy issues, or Troy, Abed, and Annie for a series of misadventures, even Sherley and Britta for the Odd-Couple.

Now half of the relationships will be based around whether or not they have feelings for Jeff, or people dealing with Abed being Abed.

I really hope that they do some inspired casting, or somehow manage to get Troy back into the group; for some reason he was able to have chemistry with almost every single cast-member possible. I heard that they won't be able to get John Oliver back, or Johnathan Banks; and having the Dean or Chang join the group means that we're more likely to get an over-dose of their gimmicks quickly.

That just means there's a spot for Coogler.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

SNL actually has a great presence on YouTube now and it seems like its being properly curated with playlists and stuff. There's gaps still but there's a gently caress of a lot of stuff up.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Creature posted:

Matt Berry's been posting 'cryptic' messages about 'Community spirit' on Twitter over the last day or so, culminating in a whole-group shot with the main cast. I love everything that man does, so I'm pretty keen to see how they use him.

I love Matt Berry but I'd be surprised if they use him as anything other than FLAMBOYANT, ODD MAN WITH ENORMOUS VOICE.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Immediately I noticed that it looks (visually) a lot more like Season One and Two, so either Yahoo increased the budget or they are handling their money a lot better.

I heard McHale on a podcast (I think Girl on Guy) saying that he was amazed that they'd left NBC but got more money now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Gervasius posted:

Was that J.K. Simmons at 0:12?

Looked more like Dave Koechner to me.

• Locked thread