Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The One Where Jeff Plays Pool In His Underwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Scissorfighter posted:

I don't think you're supposed to take away from this that Abed was right or magical, so in the words of his hacky duck, what the hell, thread.
Yeah, the outcome was Abed connecting with a guy who can help him grow as an artist by telling That Crazy Autistic Genius that everything he does creatively isn't great and magical. This thread is weird.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Can someone explain the apple reference, please?
It was just Jeff's dumb stand-up comedian catchphrase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PCcM39Pgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UHLycoFTbc

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Can anyone make out the writing here apart from "Illiterate? Write us for help!"?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

MrAristocrates posted:

Gillian looks toward the camera at the end of the shot where the Dean runs away and she's clearly about to break.
you're crazy that's just what she looks li-

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

My favorite thing was how effortlessly he switched between 80s style "my name is _____ and I'm here to say it's fun to rap in a ______ way" and the bit where he morphed into Eminem at the end, which already makes Jim Rash better at freestyle rapping than 99% of white comedians.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

So Danny Pudi directed an episode of 30 for 30, it's pretty sweet.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=untucked

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Occupation posted:

Essentially when you cast for bit parts, you order them like one orders a pizza because bit parts are only needed because they either look a certain way or have a specific ability the showrunner needs

So Dan cast for Leonard by asking central casting to find "an old guy who can swim" for Physical Education

If you don't know Richard Erdman's credits he's like living cinematic history he's appeared with every major star of the past like 60 years

Anyways so Dan had no idea who that dude was and in Leonard's first scene he's treading water in the pool and responds to a winger zinger with "ooh, BUSTED!"

So Dan was watching coverage but came in after he went to the bathroom for the first couple of takes so he kept on ordering the scene reshot because Richard kept on delivering he line "ooh, BUSTED!" wrong

So they were doing take after take after take until joe Russo, the director was all "look, I think he got it on the first take while you were in the bathroom, and he's getting it wrong because he's a tired old man struggling with treading water and deliver his lines so he's inhaling too much water. At this point you're just drowning an old man" so Dan stopped asking for more tales and lo and behold Richard got it on his first take. Whoops

Also you should just listen to the whole hing it's a loving riot and maybe the funniest episode that's aired thus far.
And the next appearance of Leonard on the set was him reacting to a zinger in the hallway with all sorts of different noises until Harmon went up to him and asked him to just do a take where he goes ooooooohhh again, followed by Erdman making a fart noise and ignoring him.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Why is the Jim Rash Rap Between The Takes thing the only one that isn't region free? :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Sounds like he was playing with Dan Harmon's girlfriend.

i take off my backpack and tie a rope to it and i shoot TWO arrows at my own feet and GUYS WE SHOULD PUT ON A SHOW

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 23, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

1st AD posted:

New Girl
Brooklyn Nine Nine
It's Always Sunny
Veep
Louie
loving lol at getting four shows deep before calling Louie a sitcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

El Tortuga posted:

Real Talk, tho: Yahoo! Screen is a totally free service. And it's like the best place to watch SNL sketches, because all you have to do is type in "What's Up With That?" and you get every single "What's Up With That?" sketch. That's all I use it for though, so your mileage may very in terms of enjoyment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SaturdayNightLive/search?query=what%27s+up+with+that

• Locked thread